S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

get of my ass

Old 04-28-2004, 12:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is with people trying to initiate a race by riding your ass worse than richard simmons at a mooning contest? Is there some correlation between the amount of space between the bumpers, or should I say lack thereof, and your chance of winning a race?

Today I was on the way to work, and passed some guy in a previous gen accord going 5 under the speed limit in the left lane. This is another of my pet peeve's, and again, something on my list of offenses that immediately gets you into the "sterilize you when I become president" category.

I pass him, and then move over to go around a car that is properly going slow in the right lane. Immediately the guy in the accord speeds up and climbs onto my ass. Him and his stock accord, and his oakley wannabe sunglasses are going to race me. I don't realize that this is what he wants at the moment but that will become apparent.

Of course I could be all wrong about this. Maybe he was riding my ass to get a close look at my tail lights, since any form of race would make them viewable only from a distance.

This point I'm pissed, because he quite honestly is probably 2 inches from my bumper. And I'm not joking. So I accelerate, move over and get out from in front of the ass jockey.

I get stopped at the next light, which is crappy, because it tends to be a very long light, particularly when there's only 2 cars waiting for the cross traffic light to turn green. I have no desire to discuss any words with my new found friend, so fortunately even though the top was down I had the windows up.

Enough time passes at the light for an army of one legged nursing home residents to cross the crosswalk 10 times over, and our light finally turns green. The guy actually has revved and now launches. I don't launch, preferring not to waste the 1000th of an inch of rubber on this guy. I roll out, flooring it, and pass him as I'm finishing first gear.

Yay for me, I feel so special I could take out a previous gen accord. Now get off my ass.

[/rant]

PS. yes I know I spelled the word "off" wrong in my title. so if you have the uncontrollable urge to actually waste time to post about it, kill yourself, because you're better off coming back as a lobster. thank you, i'll be here all night.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

woooooow! you are pissed today!!! i know what you are talking about though..... i HATE when i go to pass someone nice and under control and they feel that they need to speed up with me and match my speed.... it's everyone though, not just kids... maybe its just a reaction to a bight red sports car.. i don't know but i do know what you're talking about.... take a deep breath.... everything's gonna be ok!!
Old 04-28-2004, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lobster aye!! i like
Old 04-28-2004, 01:08 PM

Lobster. Why not a shrimp. I hate when you pass them or let them pass and they become some ricer.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:54 PM

Shouldn't have even given him the "thrill" of racing an S. Let him go his merry way next time.

By the way, in your title... oh, nevermind.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:08 PM

thats when i slam my breaks and YAY!! new mugen SS bumper for me.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wisconsin S2k

[/rant]
PS. yes I know I spelled the word "off" wrong in my title.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:11 PM

you might possibly be the angriest s2000 driver in the universe
Old 04-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Banned

Dude, you mis-spelled "off" in the title. "Get of my ass" doesn't make sense.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:22 PM

Here in oregon you can call a hotline to report aggressive drivers. They get a warning in the mail. It's pretty cool. I called it several times already. Too many stupid drivers here in Oregon.

Quick Reply: get of my ass