S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Funny Story....

Old 02-03-2008, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Story....

I was on I-80 coming back from visiting my girlfriend out in Central, PA and as I was driving back I came across a black RX-8... it looked like it had a mazdaspeed body kit on it but i haven't really checked much into japanese cars anymore. as far as his modifications go, i couldnt really tell. he did have an exhaust but other than that, i couldnt tell.

i guess once he saw me drive by he was pretty interested in the car, i get this a lot, and tried to instigate a small sprint. the roads were pretty well open and i figure why not.

i was initially cruising at about 95 mph the whole way and when we met side to side i slowed down to about 75mph... didnt really care for anything like optimal speeds and rpm range, just wanted to do a friendly sprint. he gives me a 2 finger countdown and we start. he had about a good car jump on me before i actually downshifted but i closed that cap within the next few seconds and just passed him before even shifting to 4th. i top out 4th and shifted to 5th and was already going 135+. as soon as i hit 5th though, my radar detector starts going off like mad so i didnt slam on my brakes but did step on them with a good amount of force dropping speeds off to about 85 mph.... i gradually slow down to about 75 when i see the cop on the side of the road and at that instant, the rx-8 blows right by me lol.

im guessing he wanted to do a fly-by my car but didnt catch the cop on the side as i did.... he just kept going.... i see the cop pull out without his lights and as soon as he passes me he turns his lights on chasing after this guy..... 5 mins later, i see him pulled over on the side of the road.... sucks... lol.

so word of the wise.... get a radar detector.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:25 PM

lol

that happened to me. I was running a friend, and blew by a cop, he turns his light on but no ****in way we were stopping.

...he never caught up lol thank God.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by r34dy2fly,Feb 4 2008, 01:38 AM
I was on I-80 coming back from visiting my girlfriend out in Central, PA and as I was driving back I came across a black RX-8... it looked like it had a mazdaspeed body kit on it but i haven't really checked much into japanese cars anymore. as far as his modifications go, i couldnt really tell. he did have an exhaust but other than that, i couldnt tell.

i guess once he saw me drive by he was pretty interested in the car, i get this a lot, and tried to instigate a small sprint. the roads were pretty well open and i figure why not.

i was initially cruising at about 95 mph the whole way and when we met side to side i slowed down to about 75mph... didnt really care for anything like optimal speeds and rpm range, just wanted to do a friendly sprint. he gives me a 2 finger countdown and we start. he had about a good car jump on me before i actually downshifted but i closed that cap within the next few seconds and just passed him before even shifting to 4th. i top out 4th and shifted to 5th and was already going 135+. as soon as i hit 5th though, my radar detector starts going off like mad so i didnt slam on my brakes but did step on them with a good amount of force dropping speeds off to about 85 mph.... i gradually slow down to about 75 when i see the cop on the side of the road and at that instant, the rx-8 blows right by me lol.

im guessing he wanted to do a fly-by my car but didnt catch the cop on the side as i did.... he just kept going.... i see the cop pull out without his lights and as soon as he passes me he turns his lights on chasing after this guy..... 5 mins later, i see him pulled over on the side of the road.... sucks... lol.

gotta love the desolate central PA roads! were you on rt 80 as i frequent them alot! An Rx8 is definitely not worth you gas, its not much of a race for a stock s2k! But good pwning by the cop nonetheless
Old 02-03-2008, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by r34dy2fly,Feb 3 2008, 10:38 PM

Word of the wise - if your opponent slows down abruptly, there is a reason, you need to do the same.

Dumbass should have known.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts

Radar detectors are illegal here. I love your car though.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:31 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

your right st4rk. Sucks... but i just try not to speed. try is the key word
Old 02-04-2008, 06:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this made me lol...
Old 02-04-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Boosted2M6,Feb 3 2008, 11:34 PM
Word of the wise - if your opponent slows down abruptly, there is a reason, you need to do the same.

Dumbass should have known.
lol just to give him the benefit of the doubt, by the time i left off when i shifted into fifth, i was way way way..... gone. i barely saw him in my rear-view.... im guessing he just thought i slowed down because i was a few football lenghts away.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by st4rk,Feb 4 2008, 07:30 AM
Radar detectors are illegal here. I love your car though.
thanks.

i had the FD as well and had to make the switch over once i realized i was going broke just trying to keep the car running healthy lol.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing,Feb 3 2008, 11:33 PM
gotta love the desolate central PA roads! were you on rt 80 as i frequent them alot! An Rx8 is definitely not worth you gas, its not much of a race for a stock s2k! But good pwning by the cop nonetheless
well i have been on them quite frequently going all the way up to the poconos (exit 290) all the way up to williamsport (exit 212) to go see my girlfriend every 2-3 weeks.

Quick Reply: Funny Story....