S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

a funny encounter with a LS Vtec Civic hatch.

Old 09-28-2004, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a funny encounter with a LS Vtec Civic hatch.

Well before I got my 03 S2000 this past summer. My friend and his brother told me that this kid with a LS Vtec Civic Hatch back was a bad a$$ in my town. My friends told me how fast the car was and told me it probably smoked my s2000 off the line and back. Claiming the civic was a 13 second car. I was kinda pissed off at first that my friend though it would even have a chance with my S2000, but in my mind i was like just wait till I get my car I'll show you guys who's the boss. Anyways 1 week later I finally got my S2000 I was learning how to drive stick on my s2000 it wasn't hard I learned it within 1 week. Anyways me and some friends were chillin out side a coffee shop and across the parking lot was these kids with civics & Intergas sooped up, but no engine mods thinking there bad ass.
one fo my friend wanted to hear how loud my exhaust was so i rubbed it. Then this kid in a red hatch civic said " Yo my friend said that your rubbing your exahust I'm like yeah so?" He's like "yo you want to race my friend LS Vtec for some loot". I'm like sure I'll race him.
Here comes the funny part all these kid sitting at the parking lot were like Yeah The Hatch back going to smoke him inside out. We drove to a road middle of nowhere with a traffic light. All the other kids were out on the side of the road looking out for cops. When The light turn green I launched my car and he kept up with me in 1st gear by 2nd gear I was two car length away 3rd gear all i could see was his small little head light my mirror. I race him once than coming back he's like
I'll leave you in the dust this time. We raced again and he just got smoked again.
After the 2 races we went back to the coffee shop and all you hear was these kids kissing my ass telling me how fast my car is and crap even the guy girl friend with the LS Vtec was checking out my car telling me how fast it was.The funniest part is the kid still think his car is fast saying he didn't have the right tires on and he said now he'll have someone to race against for the first time. The guy handed me over 120 bucks for the race. What a loser LoL thinking a b16 can take on a s2k .

DOES ANYONE THINK I SHOULD RERACE THIS LOSER AGAIN??
Can anyone also tell me how to lanuch my S2000 better? So i can smoke them even faster off the line & is it better racing with your top on or down?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:55 AM

practice e-brake launching...

tape down the button on the e-brake... pull e-brake up... bring revs to approx. 6g's (deflate tires to about 35psi) bring clutch out until you feel torque against the break... light goes green... slam the e-brake, drop clutch, punch gas...

buh bye...
Old 09-28-2004, 05:02 AM

It wasnt his tires, the kid didnt have enough stickers on the car.
Its better racing with the top up but it u have it down you will beat him with style.

These kids arent much younger than you are they? I think you should let them have their wishful thinking that that Civic is faster than an s2000
Old 09-28-2004, 06:42 AM

Ok, I have to reply on this one. First off his LS/Vtec should haved beaten you soundly. I have a friend with a basically stock motor running 13.0s at the track with slicks. On the street he has Drag radials and beats Cobras with blowers! So, go ahead and think you're the shit, our cars are not that fast! I just got beat the other night bya civic coupe with a LS/Vtec with a turbo. I am nowhere near stock either. Sorry if I come like an ass, but you have to respect other cars otherwise they will think you are an arrogant ass.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:15 AM

I do respect other people car. I don't respect people who talk alot of shit on the street and than loses. Come on It's only a B16 under his hood that's it nothing else has been done. Seriously if you seen this kid on the street you'll think he's a dork. What kind of car does your friend have running 13.0 stock?I'm just curious.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:20 AM

The kids aren't younger than me hehe I'm 21 yrd old their over 23-25.
I also wanted to know what's better Super charger or turbo for a s2000? I'm looking to have 400whp for my ride. I'm not looking to drive it everyday anymore just for races.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tha_don_7,Sep 28 2004, 10:15 AM
I do respect other people car. I don't respect people who talk alot of shit on the street and than loses. Come on It's only a B16 under his hood that's it nothing else has been done. Seriously if you seen this kid on the street you'll think he's a dork. What kind of car does your friend have running 13.0 stock?I'm just curious.
My friend's car is an early 90's hatch, gutted. the only thing he has is one seat and a partial dash, no heat or A/C.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tha_don_7,Sep 28 2004, 10:20 AM
The kids aren't younger than me hehe I'm 21 yrd old their over 23-25.
I also wanted to know what's better Super charger or turbo for a s2000? I'm looking to have 400whp for my ride. I'm not looking to drive it everyday anymore just for races.
It would best to go the turbo route. I have spent a bunch of dough and I have roughly 330whp. Inlinepro.com would probably the best pick. They make some sick setups.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:27 PM

Thanks for the help franks2k. Maybe that's why your friend hatch is 13.0s it's gutted but the other kid I race hasn't gutted nothing at all still has everything that came with the car.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:03 PM

I raced a hatch the other night w/ a b16 block.. with all type R components and head..plus full interior (I know not ls/vtec... but still a swap) he put about two cars on me from a 20 roll... pretty quick car..

it probably wasnt an LS/VTEC if you beat him that bad..

Quick Reply: a funny encounter with a LS Vtec Civic hatch.