S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Friday night at the Race Track

Old 09-15-2002, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friday night at the Race Track

Well i was pretty happy with the Results I got at the Races.

Race 1--- 93 TT Supra Automatic I won
Race 2--- 93 TT Supra Automatic I won This race happened because he said ohh uhhhh i wasnt in the right gear for racing so it really slowed me down
This guy was sooo cocky it was unbelieveable but i sent him home with his tail between his legs

Race 3 02 M3 Convertible (My dad) I lost by half a car... I had the Launch of my life

Race 4 91 Mustang 5.slow Gave him a 2 second head start still beat him pretty good

Race 5... This guy walks up to me and asks if i want to race and I said sure why not so i said what do you have... a White 3000gt Vr4 (not stock) he had a few mods done he said.. SO just to see how id pair up with him i decided to race.. The flaggers arms drop and were off... He only had me by 3/4 of a car in first gear i expected a lot more cuz of AWD and the torque but once again the start was good. 2nd Gear it actually seemed i closed the gap more. 3rd gear i hear a little miss and then he was in 3rd gear and by that time i already drove past him smiling and won the race.

I pull over so we can talk and of course its not good run its ohh geeze I couldnt get it into 3rd gosh dang bla bla bla.

You know Ive always felt racing is man droven and were all prone to error and thats what makes racing racing.. I have grinded first to second a few times and i dont bitch if i lose i just ask to go again.

I raced some other things as well but nothing worth mentioning besides that

Good night at the races......
Old 09-16-2002, 07:33 AM

good kills!
what rpm do you launch at?
is your car stock?
Old 09-16-2002, 09:07 AM

I have a AEM Intake and DC Sports Headers

and on that track I was at where everyone takes off was so damn slick you had to launch lighter so you dont just sit there and burn.. I was holding it at 4 and then dumping and feeding the clutch soo probably anywhere between 5 and 6
Old 09-16-2002, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Race 1 and 2 - Stock SupraTT's are 13 second cars, regardless of manual/auto tranny.
Race 3 - No offense, but your dad needs to learn how to drive. An E46 should beat you by way more than 1/2 a car.
Race 4 - 2 second head start? Are 5.0's really THAT slow?
Race 5 - I'm not too familiar with VR4's, but I'm sure modded ones are pretty fast.

It seems like you won all your races because of driver error, which is very possible.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:42 PM

Does this guy ever say what kind of car he drives?
Old 09-16-2002, 04:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2Thizzle
[B]Race 1 and 2 - Stock SupraTT's are 13 second cars, regardless of manual/auto tranny.
Race 3 - No offense, but your dad needs to learn how to drive.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:33 PM

The 5.0 was a convertible therefore being heavier....

and yes the M3 Convertibles are heavier as well running high 13's another reason why it was so close was because my dad had to launch a little bit lighter because his clutch is starting to go. Hes looking for a racing competiton clutch for his car but hasnt found on yet

and im not bragging or anything but yes im a really good driver and I know me beating the VR4 was alllll driver.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:17 PM

riiiiiiiiiight.. and any modifications void your warranty right? all of it right?

anyway if you think about it a 2 second head start on say a high 14 second 5.0 would mean you are running a high 12 second 1/4 mile... or faster... wouldnt it... i mean if he starts 2 seconds before you... and runs maybe a 14.7... that means if you go nose to nose with him.. you ran aprox 12.7 right?
Old 09-16-2002, 09:25 PM
cbb

Everyone that has responded to this topic doesnt realize this is all possible........DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW WHAT C2000 DRIVES?????? I hear key phrases that say he drives an S but like xpander4 said " Does this guy ever say what kind of car he drives?"
Old 09-17-2002, 12:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He probably drives an S2000, which is out of a warranty because of his AEM CAI and DC Sports headers.

Quick Reply: Friday night at the Race Track