S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Are Ford F-250s reall this fast?

Old 02-15-2003, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so far, Fords for me have been the most reliable vehicles I've owned.. bought 3 of them brand new, and only the 94 Ranger needed work on it.. (new calipers since the original plastic pistons in them melted) the 97 Cobra(100% reliable in 23K miles) and the 01 Explorer (100% reliable in 40K miles)
Old 02-16-2003, 06:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sloowgt
[B]
Old 02-16-2003, 07:42 AM

Calm down everybody.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:36 AM

Actually I have a pretty strong understanding. The car was putting out around 30hp less then was advertised, Honda/Acura dyno random engines, GM does the same, as does Chrysler. It's not like only a couple hundred 99 Cobra's went out and slipped under the "quality" radar. They either knew from checking and let it go, or didn't bother to check. Either way thats the Ford I know and love.
You are just regurgitating nonsense that everyone has already heard. Of course ford dynoes their motors. THE MOTOR. Out of the car. So when it's put in the car,and the exhaust is squeezed up after the dyno testing,then the problem arises. I almost feel bad that you don't understand something so simple. It's already clear there is no ford you love. And it's becoming even clearer with each post that there is also no ford you know.

I'm sorry I didnt hear you my Brother just pulled into my Driveway and all I can hear is the TICK, could you repeat yourself? oh wait looks like you alreadyt did. If you think a tick will not eventually lead to more drastic issues you should call SVT and tell them not to worry about all the people who have taken their cars back to the dealer INSISTING they fix a problem that should not occur on a brand new car. Did they Tick when driven off the showroom floor? NO. Do all 03's Tick? NO. So is it a normal sound? NO. But hey as long as people like yourself will accept things from your car that should not exist, Ford will continue to sell cars. SUCKER
Again with the second hand stories. I know from first hand experience the tick you speak of. I also know for fact that it inflicts no long term damage. On the other hand,you are just rattling off your tired,borrowed opinion and trying to pass it off as fact. So because some people have taken their cars back in that means it's harmful? There's no chance that their just like you and think it must be bad cause they read it on the internet? Do they tick when driven off the floor? Yep. Do all 03's tick? No,of course not. Does that prove anything? Nope. I repeat,I didn't say it was normal,I said it wasn't damaging. Try to keep up. IDIOT.

Your right he does run 11.5's. I run 11.3's on the juice. My other brother runs low 13's, I run mid 12's off the bottle. either way I'm beating them. But your right on the money, they do cry like there at a funeral every time I beat their azz's. it sounds like this...But I have 518rwhp blah blah blah, But I have an 03 Cobra yadda yadda yadda., MM&FF said may car will run low 12's.... It's pretty funny
11.5's eh? Just what they ran in MM&FF. Stop crying and get some real world numbers.

I won't even take the time to quote the last part. If you think well driven 03 cobras get low to mid 13's,nuff said.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:11 AM

I have no engine tick and haven't seen a Z06 end up in front of me yet... maybe it's the 'pure girth and uneven balance' of my car or maybe it's the 500+RWHP. Who knows? You guys just don't know how tough it is driving to work every day with no 'tick' and being able to head to the track that evening and blast off an 11 sec. pass at 120+mph.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by derryck
[B]I have no engine tick and haven't seen a Z06 end up in front of me yet... maybe it's the 'pure girth and uneven balance' of my car or maybe it's the 500+RWHP.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:35 PM

With an 11 sec. cars I dont think you guys are to concerned with gas mileage.
- Aquaman- just outta curiosity what do you drive? Geo Metro with a 500 shot?
- As far as efficent use of power goes Im suprised no S2000 drivers have chimed in yet!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 04:40 PM

Ok slooooowGT boy, for the last time and please try and keep up. I C a n t y p e r e a l s l o w i f i t w i l l h e l p y o u f o l l o w a l o n g......

But I'm hoping your name calling is not as indicative of your mentality. However coupled with your ignorant posts it's hard not to tie the two together.

The 03 has issues some of them were hopefully addressed when Ford stopped production on them (interesting) and when they called many people and asked them to bring their cars back in to get new Cat. converters (only after many had problems).. But the TICK exists, you say you have the Tick? I didnt catch that you had an 03. Because if your car isnt F/I ( thats forced Induction Sloooooow boy) your tick as you call it would be much less an issue, but still an issue. If you think it's normal for a car with less then 5K miles to have SERIOUS valve train noise often able to be heard over an aftermarket exhaust and a smaller pullied blower so it's loud. I may have been right about your intellect after all.

Is it old news that Ford dropped the ball on the 99 Cobra? Yeah it is but this started because you were telling people ( on the internet mind you since you seem to have a serious aversion to any information spread that way) that Fords are not bad at all. they are great or some BS like that. You have your feeling on them I have mine.

I said it before I dont hate Fords. I'm not a fan of the Over Hyped 03 Cobra but I respect it for what it is. A "very" solid performer in a straight line when modded, and it has a nice Radio and a back seat. I have had many Fords including a number of Mustangs From an 82 GT, to 2 93 Saleen's that I road raced around the Midwest back then. With a Bunch of SHO's in my garage over time as well. In fact my last one an 89 that I had a S/C from the SHO shop on at one time died this last Christmas Eve, and I was sorry to see it go. The SHO's were great cars, alot of fun with the Best engine ever put in a late model Ford. Just so happens it was engineered by Yamaha and not Ford so I guess that explains that.

Also I only talk real world numbers, what I see at the tracks I go too, races I participate in or events I attend. Magazine racing is not my thing and if you could read, you would see that I said it was just one of the whines that came out of my little bro's mouth, not my thought's. The 03 on the Juice that's modded could hit 10's I'm certain on ET's but so would I plus my trap speed is a good 3 mph higher. It's alot easier to push 3189#'s then 3675#'s. It's just basic physics, have you taken that class at your high school yet? Probably not so I really should be more understanding of your limitations.

Enjoy your car, I know I'll enjoy mine. But you need to realize that you are not the only one with knowledge on the subject of Fords. In fact maybe just maybe someone might have more/better insight then you.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 97Snake
[B]With an 11 sec. cars I dont think you guys are to concerned with
Old 02-17-2003, 05:04 PM

hahahahahah - good one

Quick Reply: Are Ford F-250s reall this fast?