S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Are Ford F-250s reall this fast?

Old 02-13-2003, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What if you lost to a minivan?
Old 02-13-2003, 02:48 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FORD means
I REA
X-PI
--AL
--IY
--R
Old 02-13-2003, 02:49 PM

lol wtf?
Old 02-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Spammer

Anyways, cruising in my HICK 1500 Dodge Ram Truck, i almost beat a Type R. I felt sorry for that TYPE R driver. I juiced it and he juiced it when we were neck&neck. Took him a long time to pass me.
Sorry ass Type R
Old 02-13-2003, 02:53 PM

oh haha i get it... the spacing was off...
Old 02-13-2003, 03:03 PM

As for the guy stating that ford trucks are for nothing but rednecks, that is the most narrowed minded and ignorent statement I have had the displeasure of reading this week. For trucks sometimes we can surprise the unexpecting folks. I have an F-150 supercrew: chip, header, no cats, intake, pulleys and 4.56 gears, its also pulling 35s. The other night I ran across a 99 si that states he has intake, header, VAFC and exhaust. From 40-90ish i had him by a solid 3 cars. Its great since he had his girl with him. I guess point of the matter is anybody can make anything fast, just how much money you have and how nuts you are to drive like you stole it. Just ask my friend that hit 160 in his boosted Suburban.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Spammer

Yea like me, im an asian guy in Dodge 1500. I dont mind cruising in it. Trucks are tight, im not about that asian crap like other people are
Old 02-13-2003, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by sloowgt
[B]That's nice. Is there a person alive that doesn't have a "relative bought that car" story? I thought not.
Seems like you have a few of your own

#1. The 99 Cobra's were fixed. Simple as that. The biggest flaw was an improperly made intake manifold which WAS the fault of the supplier. The exhaust was closed off too much to aid in ground clearance,true,but the biggest choke was the extra material in the manifold. And yes,the did completely own up to it,otherwise the cars wouldn't have been fixed.
See there you go, like Ford blaming the supplier, should these wonderboys at SVT not have done random Dyno testing like the other manf. do? especially on a high performance engine? I should think they would have but maybe quality is not Job #1 after all. At least when it comes to engines.Of course they fixed it. Federal law says you cant claim more HP then is actually available.

#2. My sister bought one to. It suffered the same recalls. But here's the best part. None of the horribly bad things you've heard about and love to bring up in internet nonsense actually occurred to her car. They were recalled to fix it. Bought like I said,everyone has a story.

The fire thing happened in such occurance that the NHTSA forced Fords hand with this recall and same with the wheel issue, Ford was in such a rush to put the car out that they seemingly dropped the proverbial engineering ball yet again.

[QUOTE]
#3. The "tick" has been proven,PROVEN,not to harm the car. It doesn't sound good,but it does no damage. So the car is junk because it sounds unusual? So does an angry bumblebee turning 9,000 rpms but that doesn't make it a bad car. Sounds like both brothers wiped the floor with you at a light and you feel violated.

The only question left is......how did the rest of your family get such better taste?
Old 02-13-2003, 03:29 PM

What if you lost to a minivan?
If I lost to a grocery getting minivan I would probably cause an accident... right? I'm assuming you meant ... what if I WAS DEAD and lost to minivan?
Old 02-13-2003, 04:30 PM

Seems like you have a few of your own
Yeah I do. I said everyone has one. I'm everyone.

See there you go, like Ford blaming the supplier, should these wonderboys at SVT not have done random Dyno testing like the other manf. do? especially on a high performance engine? I should think they would have but maybe quality is not Job #1 after all. At least when it comes to engines.Of course they fixed it. Federal law says you cant claim more HP then is actually available.
I'm afraid you don't understand. FoMoCo purchases the intake manifold from the supplier assuming it is proper quality. It wasn't. Ford learned this too late. I do agree that Quality is not Job #1 at Ford. Hasn't been for quite some time. Job #1 is $$$$. Same as every car manufacturer on the planet.

The fire thing happened in such occurance that the NHTSA forced Fords hand with this recall and same with the wheel issue, Ford was in such a rush to put the car out that they seemingly dropped the proverbial engineering ball yet again.
You just repeated yourself here. YAWN.

the "TICK" is in the valve train and is not normal, does your car have a tick that makes people around ask if your cars gonna blow up? probably not and if it did, my hopes are you would not just chalk it up to normal. I know if one of my cars valvetrains started ticking as loud as some of the 03's are I'd be a little upset.And let us not forget about those "quality" cat converters!
I didn't say it was normal. My car has a slight tick but I am informed enough to know that it has no lasting effects. So what people walking by think really holds no water with me. I don't care about them. And the cats? Many of them were junk from the factory but most were fixed before the cars were sold.

As for wiping the floor with me, thats obviously a poor attempt at a joke right? I sure hope so. Even with 485rwhp and a dry 50 shot he's still a good car behind me (when I'm on the juice)up to around 160 where he just starts fading away topping out around 165-168 while I roll on to a leisurely 180ish. We have proven this time and time again. My brother who's basicaly stock is stuck in the very low 13's easy bait for me off the juice and with a casual start.
A joke? Not at all. I am not sure on what you drive but it must be fast. But it really doesn't have to be. Your brother has 485 rwhp and some spray and is in the 13's? Tell him he is to turn in his keys immediately. This is sadder than a funeral. He has a mid 11 second car on his hands. Easily.

They needed cheap cars that's why they got Fords as opposed to Honda's (in my sisters case) or Vettes (in my Brothers case). Sometimes cheap is good but not at the cost of constant repairs.
Cheap cars? Stupidity will get you nowhere. Of course you just implied that Ford has poorer quality than a vette. The vette is a better car,but not higher quality. If you're going to make unintelligent,blanket statements about imports quality automatically being better than domestics,you have to include chevys also. Here's the best part. The 03 cobra,bone stock,will show the hindquarters to the vette and the honda for equal or less money. Like Whoa.

Quick Reply: Are Ford F-250s reall this fast?