S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Are Ford F-250s reall this fast?

Old 02-10-2003, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alexf20c,

Hope you're not talking to me...because it was a joke
Old 02-10-2003, 06:17 PM
Banned

Heee haaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 07:12 PM

Originally posted by SVT KING
Alexf20c,

Hope you're not talking to me...because it was a joke
SVT King, not at all. I was talking to Enigmatic S2k and all his shit talking. I've nothing but respect for the '03 Cobra... and the Lightning! (Stock S2000 vs. '03 Cobra - haha, it'll be a "driver's race" )
Old 02-12-2003, 05:37 AM

...I was talking to Enigmatic S2k and all his shit talking...

Whadaya expect from some wuss who hides behind complete anonyminity???

As for my unsolicited 2 cents...

I would never be fool enough to race my Bronco against anything other than maybe another truck...
...Just like I'd never be fool enough to use my 'S' to haul firewood, go 4x4ing or drive in the snow.

This I know for sure... I'd rather be in the Bronco than the 'S' if involved in a wreck!!!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:13 PM

LOL. These threads should be nominated for an award.

Anyone here in S.Fla care to disagree
Notice that nobody took that offer up? I did. Talk's cheap til the phone bill comes in.

**All Ford and Chevy's are for hee-haw, country-music listening, cowboys. Simple as that! Gross! Cowboys, gross!!! Southerners, (um, nevermind!)...
And all hondas are for old,gay men with bad hair or ladies with similair hair,no? Right.

All the guys whining about Ford,get a grip. Most of you haven't owned a Ford and clearly spend too much time on clubsi.com. The ones that have owned a ford,try owning a new one. Don't base you opinion on the entire manufacturer on that probe you drove 15 years ago. I owned an 89 accord. It was scrap. But I don't think S2K's are because of it.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:22 PM

Well said.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by alexf20c
So question is this: Are all 3/4-ton F-250 turbodiesels this fast?
Answer - They can be!!!

What these Deisel guys are doing is boosting up to 50psi. and opening up their exhaust a bit. the results are pretty suprising to the unasuming. Not to bash Ford but the Dodge Turbo Deisels mod a bit better and are usually faster both stock and modded. I have seen a few boosted TD Dodges run low 12's W/1.6-1.7 60' times the boosted fords are usually no better then low 13's but I'm sure their may be faster ones out there I just have not seen them in person.

at those boost levels things "WILL" begin to fail regardless of make but Cummins engines may have the nod in the durability dept. at those levels. But again it "WILL" break.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by sloowgt
All the guys whining about Ford,get a grip. Most of you haven't owned a Ford and clearly spend too much time on clubsi.com. The ones that have owned a ford,try owning a new one. Don't base you opinion on the entire manufacturer on that probe you drove 15 years ago. I owned an 89 accord. It was scrap. But I don't think S2K's are because of it.
Hmmm. have things really gotten better at Ford?

judge for yourself

Case #1 - Brother in law buy's new 99 Cobra, cant run better then 14.3 at the track with 2.0 60's, complains to Ford they say it's your driving skill. Months later after thousands complain they say OOOPPS we have a serious design flaw and will fix it sorry but it's someone's fault must be the supplier Finally comes out the SVT engineers decided to not double check clearances and cut the exhaust size down to near strangulation levels. They never really own up to it and try to place blame on everyone else. Pathetic

Case #2 - little sister buys an 01 Focus. During the next 2 years it has "10" recalls. the highlights of those recalls. Spontanious fires during any condition (at Idle or under load) and my favorite the left front tire will probably fall off at speed!!! Hmmm. can you say Pinto?

Case #3 - Both younger Brothers buy 03 Cobra's one mods one doesnt both get the "TICK" at between 3k and 7K both "TICKS" are getting much much worse. Brother who doesn't mod's car overheats and starts running like crap. Ford says "oh sorry it seems you have one of the early cars with the bad cat converters, they cant handle all the exhaust created by the car". Sad

If this is the best Ford can do then I dont blame people for bitching and moaning about them. In my eyes Ford has not gotten eny better then they were before.

I dont hate Ford even though I should but they are not a real quality make.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:33 AM

That's nice. Is there a person alive that doesn't have a "relative bought that car" story? I thought not.

#1. The 99 Cobra's were fixed. Simple as that. The biggest flaw was an improperly made intake manifold which WAS the fault of the supplier. The exhaust was closed off too much to aid in ground clearance,true,but the biggest choke was the extra material in the manifold. And yes,the did completely own up to it,otherwise the cars wouldn't have been fixed.

#2. My sister bought one to. It suffered the same recalls. But here's the best part. None of the horribly bad things you've heard about and love to bring up in internet nonsense actually occurred to her car. They were recalled to fix it. Bought like I said,everyone has a story.

#3. The "tick" has been proven,PROVEN,not to harm the car. It doesn't sound good,but it does no damage. So the car is junk because it sounds unusual? So does an angry bumblebee turning 9,000 rpms but that doesn't make it a bad car. Sounds like both brothers wiped the floor with you at a light and you feel violated.

The only question left is......how did the rest of your family get such better taste?
Old 02-13-2003, 02:37 PM

If I loose to a diesel I'm selling my car... or squirting juice for the rest of my life.

Quick Reply: Are Ford F-250s reall this fast?