S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Finally!!

Old 10-19-2001, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!!

On 1960 last night, brand new Mustang GT, older Mustang GT Vert., V6 Mustang, and an ordinary Camaro were at it. I know this doesn't sound like super baddass cars or anything but it was fun to roll around on the pavement with some domestic cars. We start from I-45 and play until 249. As we start a lot of changing places took place. Finally caught the new Mustang at a light. Once I stopped at the light, the light turned green, which didn't give me time to do a proper launch. It only ended up being about a 4k launch. He got a couple cars in front then I stuck to him. Later down the road, right before my turn we're at another light. Got the proper launch revs and completely took off. Ended up at around 7k when I hooked up. Need new tires too. Then I had to make a turn quickly. I know it's not much of a story, but if you've read my posts before, you'd know my frustrations with GT's. And it was fun as hell.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:47 AM

You love mustang don't you .
Old 10-19-2001, 10:19 AM

you mean rustangs
Old 10-19-2001, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by YoungS2K
You love mustang don't you .
Mustangs are cool....there's just too many of them, and it seems like every single one that races me is modded ... or that S in front of the 2000 of my car means slow....
Old 10-24-2001, 01:40 PM

Rustangs.............if I hear that word used one more time, I think the user will be a replacement for my punching bag. Have some respect, and true there are lots of them on the road, but for good reason. They have space, power, and style that apparently is popular. Why dont you people just start bagging on Trans Ams and Camaros too? They are in the same boat. But for what you pay I say that you get one hell of a good deal. All to their own, but why digress to the level of those other forums that are here to dis other people rides. If you are curious, no I dont have a mustang or a domestic car, truck, but who cares about that. My S2k and the soon to be had supra are to speak for themselves. So not saying this to start a fire, but why not be on a higher plain, and for that matter alot of the people that buy mustangs get them because they are cheaper, I know a few of my friends have. How can you trash someone for that. Anyways have fun and let your ride talk the shit, it does a pretty good job.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:59 PM

Rustangs.
Old 10-24-2001, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the record, Rustangs.

Does that get to you like stook for our wonderful S2000s?

Old 11-18-2001, 12:24 AM

Punk is right, it's Mustang. Show some respect, and grow out of this third grade crap. I didn't join this forum to talk to babies. I was hoping to chat with other car enthusiasts such as myself ( no offense to the other enthusiasts who read this). I happen to own a 2001 Cobra and I can tell you why we mod our cars. For the exact same reason you all do. We all love performance and there is never enough. Don't get all bent out of shape if you beat a mustang, and mustang owners shouldn't get bent if they beat an S2000. Come back next week with a couple of mods and the next guy may win. Thats why its fun. Cars are fun, thats why we drive the cars we drive. Thats why were not all driving 1986 Yugo's. Not slamming Yugo drivers ( well actually I guess I am).
Show some respect please.
Old 11-18-2001, 02:33 AM

I AM ONE PROUD RUSTANG-HATER!!

this is not 'third-grade crap'...the cars are so diametrically opposed that you can't expect everyone to respect stangs -- PERSONALLY, i don't like domestics (surprise, surprise) and TO ME stangs are the embodiment of 'domestic'
Old 11-18-2001, 12:14 PM

Rust and Speed are not mutually exclusive

I didn't know respect for Rustangs was equivalent to being an enthusiast. If it is, then I guess I'm not.

Quick Reply: Finally!!