S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Fairfax County Help!

Old 04-17-2006, 08:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fairfax County Help!

alright guys, i know this has been asked again and again but please help me out.

i was driving down 50 west at 1030pm, the roads are absolutely empty except for this old lexus GS300 who starts pacing me. I drop it at 60 and get up to probably around 85 while passing through an intersection. my passenger yells cop! and sure enough he was waiting at the light of the cross street. my engine was screaming as i passed but i immediately braked and turned into the next left lane turnoff, but the light was red and the cop had by then turned onto 50 and was coming fast with no lights. he asks me how fast i was goin and i said maybe 65 and he laughs and says it was way faster than that. long story short, he writes me up for reckless but he didn't put any particular speed on the ticket, and how could he since he basically just saw me blur by from the side, no radar, no pacing, nothing.

so...can i get off of this scott free since he has absolutely no proof and no witnesses? he couldn't even write a speed on the ticket! could it at least be bumped down to speeding? do i need a lawyer or am i innocent till proven guilty? any help would be appreciated. btw, i usually have judge Dockendorf if it matters and my driving record is as follows:

2004: failure to yield charge -3pts
january 2006: at fault accident, no charges
march 2006: speeding charge -3pts
march 2006: voluntary driver improvement course +5pts
now: this
Old 04-17-2006, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You were driving like a douche bag, man up and take the consequences.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eggo,Apr 17 2006, 08:29 PM
You were driving like a douche bag, man up and take the consequences.
Thats lame - are you saying you have NEVER gunned it at someone on the street?

My advice - get a lawyer. Reckless driving tickets are not worth messing around with. It may be an easy case if you are well prepared. GL

-Stefan
Old 04-17-2006, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by abominablehitman,Apr 17 2006, 08:47 PM
Thats lame - are you saying you have NEVER gunned it at someone on the street?

My advice - get a lawyer. Reckless driving tickets are not worth messing around with. It may be an easy case if you are well prepared. GL

-Stefan
No, thats not lame. And yes, I have gunned it on people, but it's one thing to get caught and man up about it, another to try and get out of something you know you did wrong. When I get caught for speeding, running a stop, etc it sucks period, but it's the law. You gotta pay to play.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Former Moderator

I will attest to Eggo getting pulled over in his RSX Type S (before he had an s2000) racing a BMW 5 series. The cop asked him how fast he was going (the cop didnt realize we were racing because the 5 series locked up the brakes probably due to a radar detector). Eggo responded,"to be honest sir Im not sure, maybe 85-90 MPH." Needless to say the cop appreciated the honesty or something because he came back with a ticket for no front plate and gave him a warning for speeding. Cops arent stupid it is their job to catch speeders and such, so basically you flat out lied to his face saying you were only doing 65. He probably took that an an insult to his intelligence. Cops develop many traits often referred to as a "6th sense" they often can feel when something isnt right or when they are being lied to. No wonder he threw the book at you. Man up and take the consequences for your actions.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:42 PM

thanks for the helpful advice, eggo. Now why don't you go "man up" and turn yourself in for all those reckless incidents you've been a apart of.

but for the poster, You will definately need a lawyer unless the judge is having a good day or is drinking vodka out of the water pitcher. You were lucky not to have been arrested at that speed or recieved additional tickets. Next time, try being truthful to the police, they might be more lenient. It seems like you just recently got out of trouble and sed your "free pass" for the speeding charge. I would think a best-case scenario for now would be a reduction in charge to an "unsafe movement."

Additionally, you must be driving borderline "insane" to get such a ticket in fairfax. The times I've been up there to visit my brother, I've driven next to, and passed cops while doing a good 15 MPH over. My brother says the same when he is driving. But anyways, try not speeding through intersections. You never know who's coming the other way.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=9kFever,Apr 17 2006, 09:38 PM] I will attest to Eggo getting pulled over in his RSX Type S (before he had an s2000) racing a BMW 5 series.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by DrDre1443,Apr 17 2006, 09:42 PM
thanks for the helpful advice, eggo. Now why don't you go "man up" and turn yourself in for all those reckless incidents you've been a apart of.

but for the poster, You will definately need a lawyer unless the judge is having a good day or is drinking vodka out of the water pitcher. You were lucky not to have been arrested at that speed or recieved additional tickets. Next time, try being truthful to the police, they might be more lenient. It seems like you just recently got out of trouble and sed your "free pass" for the speeding charge. I would think a best-case scenario for now would be a reduction in charge to an "unsafe movement."

Additionally, you must be driving borderline "insane" to get such a ticket in fairfax. The times I've been up there to visit my brother, I've driven next to, and passed cops while doing a good 15 MPH over. My brother says the same when he is driving. But anyways, try not speeding through intersections. You never know who's coming the other way.
Oh please, turn myself in? I got pulled over by a cop what am I gonna turn myself in for? If I would have gotten a ticket I would have dealt with it, I was prepared for a big ticket. So before you try posting something wise ass read and process what I wrote and what others are writting. Peace.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by abominablehitman,Apr 17 2006, 09:43 PM
I agree with you, and that works sometimes, but for every cop that appreciates your honesty, there is one that will try to get you to incriminate yourself. I got pulled over about 3 weeks ago because I accelerated fast and have an exhaust, and the cop kept trying to get me to admit I was speeding. I wasn't speeding, and I wasn't going to admit I was speeding, but I knew if I did, he would try to write me a ticket.
nothing you say before being mirandized is admissable in court. He may be trying to get you to admit so he knows for sure that you were speeding but hes not going to be able to say in court that you admitted to speeding.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 9kFever,Apr 17 2006, 11:30 PM
nothing you say before being mirandized is admissable in court. He may be trying to get you to admit so he knows for sure that you were speeding but hes not going to be able to say in court that you admitted to speeding.
Everything you say can be used against you. Miranda is only if you are arrested.

All of the cops around here wear recorders so I never admit to anything.

Do you know why I stopped you? No
Do you know how fast you were going? No
Have you had anything to drink? No

Get a lawyer.

Remember, never offer or admit anything to the cop. The less you say the better. Give them your best poker face.

Quick Reply: Fairfax County Help!