S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

ergh.. why are people so annoying

Old 09-12-2003, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ergh.. why are people so annoying

Is it just me or is it dat people think they are just so fast if they spend 30k on a car? There I was happily driving north on the 5 freeway. There was a slow car in front of me, well slower then flow of traffic, so I preceeded to singal to change to the left lane. As soon as I start moving over, some jerk in a is300 jolts over to that lane. I pull back, waiting for him to speed up or something so that I can change into the lane also. Then as anal as he could be, he started to slow down. So, I pressed on the gas, pushed it til bout 70 mph and was just about to change lanes when he speeds up on me. I was gettin rather pissed off at this point. So then I slowed down as to get behind him so I could at least move to the fast lane, the jerk off then slowed down to keep me in that lane When I looked over he was laughing with his ugly g/f in the car. At that moment happened then then he was smellin my exhuast and seein my tail light fade away. Later the flow of traffic slowed down and that jerk was behind my car. So he then proceeded to tail gate me, wtf is wrong with people. Then when I went on a ramp to change freeways, he jumped over to the next lane as though he was tryin to over take me or something. After he realizes that his car couldn't handle the turn he then tried to tail gate me again. After that as I was heading for my exit, he jumped into either a shoulder or a off ramp and sped up just so he could get in front of me. At that point I was already slowing down as to exit then he speeds by as get in front of me. After that I simply exited and flipped him off again. Why da hell are people so annoying, before I only got this shit when I was driving my accord, but never since I got the S. Go ahead, keep jumpin into the shoulders to pass people, I hope you run off the freeway and die miserably.

well that was my annoying experience today, just had to vent
Old 09-13-2003, 12:02 AM

Well, I do have to agree with you on that. People like that are stupid. They probably think that since you have an S, that you automatically want to race them. Since they have the IS, then it's automatically gonna race. When you tried to get infront of him, you challanged him. He held you behind him and until you got infront of him, he was "winning".

Sounds like he did a ricer fly by too. Did he happen to flash his hazards too? Some people are just like that. I just laugh and drive off. They just amde themselves look like a fool in front of alot of people.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't really have too many idiots trying to mess with me on the freeway. luckily, the freeway that i regularly drive on are quite curvy, so on those rare occasions when some idiot thinks he has a fast car just because it's a v6, i would downshift the tranny into 4th, blast through a couple of curves at 115mph and automatically, the idiot makes the effort to stay a moderate distance behind me. it's not that their car can't blast through the same corners at those speeds, it's just that most folks only know how to go fast in a straight line and do not have the guts to power through corners. anyway, it makes them feel bad, and allows me the pleasure the feel my S perform...
Old 09-13-2003, 02:27 AM

Yeah, there are people like that everywhere. He obviously was messing with you. Next time he probably will get himself killed (retard). At least you don't drive a car that everyone recognizes as a performance car (not that mine is), but most non car people think all BMW are superfast. I drive a 330ci and everybody is out of ruin your day when you drive a BMW. At least that is how it feels somedays. I admit I drive with a little bit of go, but not way above the speedlimit and never dangerously. How fast can you go in a 330ci!? It isn't that fast to start. I like driving sporty. When they see me driving how I like to drive they probably are thinking "There goes another BMW A-hole" The Rep preceeds you everywhere you go. I've had more Road Rage thrown at me since getting the bimmer than every other car previous. All I was doing was trying to pass like you. I won't miss that shyte. Also, even your own family and friends start making comments like "Oh, here comes Mr. BMW driving elitist prick yada yada" Yeah, it's funny for the first couple of times. They really start thinking you've joined the young republicans or something.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:25 AM

I know what you mean. Guys like the one in that IS are idiots. Just gotta breath deep and try to ignore em. Not saying that I never dust a few of the really persistance @$$holes

BTW Murgen, my dad just bought a Z4. The only flack I think he sees is when I tell him my Honda is just as fast but for almost half the price Don't let all the BMW haters get to you...they're just jealous
Old 09-13-2003, 07:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been there, so do what I do....keep a bunch of loose change around (for tolls). If they are acting like complete asses and the speed is up there, toss a few quarters, nickels, etc. out the window or over your head (if the top is down). Once they see massive dings appear on their hood or cracks forming in their windshield they start moving back REAL quick. Just be prepared for a fight if they manage to follow you to your next stop. If they call the police, simply tell the officer the car ahead of you wwas losing stuff out the window, you managed to dodge it but because THEY were too close to your rear bumper, they couldn't see it in time to do likewise.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:40 AM

My dad knew a trucker that did that, but he used bb's instead of coins. Cars get the point really fast.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:46 AM

If you are blasting through curves on the freeway at 115 you are the idiot. Some people just don't have a clue about driving safely on public roads.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to say but when you throw stuff out of your car you are just as much an idiot as the person you are throwing it at.

What if they swerve and cause an accident? What if the wind picks it up and you hit someone else's car?

Okay you're cool now.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:53 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

[rant]

Wat is up wit peeps under the age of double-duce dat tink I wanna be readin' some goofy ting wit that don't flow and is barely readable?

I don't mean to pick specificlly on you. Honestly, yours is one of the better ones lately there have been quite a few that I just could not figure out what the guy was talking about. No one expects perfection, but seriously, this is not a text message on a phone. ALL the keys are on your keyboard. Please use them.

[/rant]

Quick Reply: ergh.. why are people so annoying