S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Eating Skittles

Old 03-28-2007, 02:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Eating Skittles

Beautiful morning is SWFL, perfect for the top down. I was riding with the girlfriend, we came up to a light and I could hear the unmistakable exhaust of an SRT4 a few cars up. We made a turn and I caught up to him but we were running out of road and I wasn't sure he wanted to play anyway. We both turned again and I worked my way in front of him. Traffic was a little thick to do anything, suddenly he takes off weaving through cars. I took it easy, not wanting to freak out any of the snowbirds, that seem to be unaware of a cars ability to travel in excess of 25mph. I came to a light behind the SRT4 a few blocks later; both in the turn lane going onto a nice wide 6 lane road. We got the green and rolled onto a nice empty section of road.

We lined up about 50mph and I gave the 3 honks. I pulled 2-3 car lengths before shutting down, although I felt like I'd jumped him a little bit. We lined up again, this time I let him go a little, to make sure he'd gotten a fair run at it. Once he'd pulled a fender ahead I ran him down and put another length on him before shutting down. Both runs were probably from 50 to 90. He both gave a thumbs up and cruised on our merry way.

Probably a mile later we both caught the same light and got to talk a little. He asked what I'd done and I told him it was supercharged. His response kinda surprised me, "Is that it???" I guess he wasn't used to being abused like that! I asked what he'd done and he said it was stock, although it obviously had wheels and some kind of exhaust (there's no way they sound like that from the factory is there? haha), maybe he meant stock boost? It definitely seemed a little faster than a stock S2000 but a stock S would have made a better race. Anyway, nice guy, fun race, a great way to get the adrenaline flowing and another win for the S2k.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up, and good kill! They do make more sound then a normal exhaust in stock form, but if it was unusually loud it was probaly modified.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:37 PM

Nice Kill!...What kit/boost levels are you running?
Old 03-31-2007, 11:44 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Comptech SC on the stock boost, 5psi. Thanks for the comments guys.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottrunsxc,Mar 28 2007, 05:29 PM
I took it easy, not wanting to freak out any of the snowbirds, that seem to be unaware of a cars ability to travel in excess of 25mph.
Man Im sooooo happy I left SWFL and came to Socal, dont have to deal with those snowbirds here! Snow birds are actually very fast and skilled racers, take note!! If there is a 3 lane road and you approach a red light, and there is one open lane with no car at the red, the snow bird will magically wake up and burn all hell to get first to that open space at the light, but when it turn green, the old SOB wont move more than 3-5 MPH after a good 60 second 1-3 mph run!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

SRT-4 owners have been known to claim all mopar upgrades classify as 'stock'
Old 04-02-2007, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by vtec9,Apr 2 2007, 09:38 AM
SRT-4 owners have been known to claim all mopar upgrades classify as 'stock'
SRT-4 owners have also been known to be total immature idiots too. They can't take a loss for the life of them. No matter what kind of car beat them, somehow there still better then them in some way, shape, or form. It's rather comical IMO!

And then if you actually find one who would admit the defeat..Be ready for the "Oh well if I was Stage this, or when I save up $200 more bucks, I'll be in the 11's...And how much $$ would it take your slow honda to do that?" It's like, shut up already, nobody really care's how cheap your 'neon with a turbo' is!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol
Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by blessed,Apr 2 2007, 10:29 AM
SRT-4 owners have also been known to be total immature idiots too. They can't take a loss for the life of them. No matter what kind of car beat them, somehow there still better then them in some way, shape, or form. It's rather comical IMO!

And then if you actually find one who would admit the defeat..Be ready for the "Oh well if I was Stage this, or when I save up $200 more bucks, I'll be in the 11's...And how much $$ would it take your slow honda to do that?" It's like, shut up already, nobody really care's how cheap your 'neon with a turbo' is!
Could not agree more
Old 04-02-2007, 05:26 PM

stop making fun of me plss

Quick Reply: Eating Skittles