S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

The driver's skill is more important then the car!

Old 06-25-2005, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The driver's skill is more important then the car!

I have not been racing on the street for couple of years now, but looking back I have done some really scary stuffs, even now I've to admit I'm kinda crazy behind the wheel sometimes!

When come to talking to people or reading posts about street racing, many people who would just think about numbers, like how many horsepower does the car has, how fast it run in 1/4 etc, but how many of them really think about their driving skills instead of depending the equipment to deliver?

I remember back then I will NOT race any cars which on paper is slower then mine, I've always only want to beat cars that are faster then mine, because that proved I beat my opponent not because I have a faster car, but because I know how to drive better then the other driver.

I've remember one time I ran with a 911 with my MY00 S2k, I matched his speed up till 155mph by drafting behind and pull next to him, by the time we shutdown he was stunned by my little roadster that just came out by Honda can match the speed of his 911.

Of course, I'm not saying my S2k is a faster car then the 911, If we would race from a stand still, I'll lost for sure, but you have to know what you and your car's strengths and weakness are and what you as a driver capable to do.

I know how fast I can run my car, I know what my car is capable of doing. My car only can be so fast but my skill can be improve.

For those out there that they were beaten by cars like Z06, M3 etc... don't feel bad, in fact your losts are perfectly normal, if you lost to a slightly modded S2k, try to find that extra speed in your driving skills, instead of saying you need to add an intake, an exhaust etc...

Our little Roadster is really a great little package, Honda really did a great job in it, it can do everything well, the only missing piece of this puzzle is a driver with driving skills. if you have the driving skill for it, sometime you don't even need to spend the extra money on modification and get that extra car length or two.

For those who follow Formula 1, What make Senna and Schumacher special for me is that they can drive some shitbox cars and can still win races, that prove they can win because of their skills, not because they have the fastest car on the grid.

Some people might disagree with me in this, but that's ok. Sorry for my long boring post!
Old 06-25-2005, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by rayyu882,Jun 25 2005, 12:23 PM
For those who follow Formula 1, What make Senna and Schumacher special for me is that they can drive some shitbox cars and can still win races, that prove they can win because of their skills, not because they have the fastest car on the grid.
Active suspension, ABS, automatic transmissions require tons of skill ?
Old 06-25-2005, 02:25 PM

I'm glad you think ur a "skilled" driver Why don't you quit trying to be an idiot street racer and go back to school A few errors is fine...and I understand that you're asian and thats probably how you really talk.. but there's many other asians on here that type just fine.. and they also don't start threads trying to brag about how good of a driver they are
Old 06-25-2005, 03:01 PM

agreed. this is what makes street racing street racing. the scenario is never perfect for either driver.

dave
Old 06-25-2005, 04:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

bahahahhaha i kept up with a 911 by drafting him

that sounds like a race...lol
Old 06-25-2005, 04:22 PM

so you "drafted" a 911 and stayed up with him? riiiiiiiiiight.

I drafted a rocket ship the other day all the way to mars, but by jupiter he had pulled away.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBullet5.0,Jun 25 2005, 04:22 PM
I drafted a rocket ship the other day all the way to mars, but by jupiter he had pulled away.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish whoever is posting links to this site from superhonda and honda-tech would stop.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

however, i do agree that mastering the car stock before modding is better than slapping on bolt-ons to compensate for lack of experience. seeing that i've had my car for only 2.5 months, i'm not saying that i've mastered it or even come close, but i'll get myself into the 13's before i even think about FI.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is still stock because it first modification its myself. . I will make myself faster until I know I need the car to be faster. Besides I still need more to learn from my car.

Quick Reply: The driver's skill is more important then the car!