S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Dodged the BULLITT....twice!!!

Old 01-02-2002, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of weeks ago.... I ran to starbucks for some coffee and a hot chocolate for my wife. It was about 9:00 pm on a Friday night. On my way back home, I had to go down Blackstone Ave which on weekends has a fair amount of people out looking for a race. After passing up a couple of riced out civics and accords, I just started hauling ass for home before the coffee got cold. I flew past a new black Bullitt Mustang GT, which I think has only about 5 more HP than a stock Mustang GT. I guess he didn't like me whizzing past him like that (V-8 ego maybe?) so I heard him rev his engine and catch up to me. We stopped at a light behind some cars. The light turned and I made my way casually around the cars not knowing if he really wanted to go. He followed me out and I heard him get on it, so I dropped into 2nd and waited for him to catch up. When he got up to me, I floored it, quickly hit redline, then shifted into 3rd, and started pulling away from him, by the time I hit 4th I had a 1 1/2 cars on him, he stayed there as I hit 5th....then I heard the voice from my Bel 980 detector say:
"Ka Band" .....Oh shit!.... I looked to the right and saw a cop sitting in his car in a parking lot...as we blew past him at 100+.....!!! I shut down with about 2 cars on him and hit the brakes making a quick right turn. He must not have invested in a radar detector because he gave me a flyby and a big VROOOM!!!! I was gone and didn't wait around to see if the cop followed us. I laughed to myself as I not only walked the Bullitt but dodged the bullet too. HAHAHA!!!!

That is until I looked over to the passenger seat and saw that hot chocolate and mocha was all over the damn place!!!! Doh!!!!

Thank God for Zaino leather cleaner and protectant!

BTW: Does anyone know of anybody in this forum in the Fresno/Central Valley area?
Old 01-02-2002, 12:34 AM

good kill, and your a very lucky man. as for the spill, that is one big problem with our car. no room and if you use the cup holder, it makes it almost impossible to shift.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:50 AM

No doubt....someone should make a nice custom dual cupholder.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by 9000RED
No doubt....someone should make a nice custom dual cupholder.
that would be great, make it sit like by the passenger seat, kinda like once of those cell phone holders.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:04 AM

exactly....maybe Rick could come up with one.........Hmmmmm........
Old 01-02-2002, 09:26 AM

Good thing that you had that 980 bel detector!
Old 01-02-2002, 09:32 AM

BTW: Does anyone know of anybody in this forum in the Fresno/Central Valley area?
i'm (was?!) from fresno!
well, not entirely true but i went to fresno state (go dogs! ). now i graduated and come back to LA.
i still like the place. and i went back from time to time. but still have yet taken MY2002 there ...
you went to the starbuck in riverpark?
man, you can almost count on seeing cops on blackstone at night on the weekends ...
Old 01-02-2002, 11:55 AM

...until I looked over to the passenger seat and saw that hot chocolate and mocha was all over the damn place...
This always happens to me! I've made a rule of not ever driving with Starbucks coffee in the car, it never works out the way I planned.
Old 01-02-2002, 11:56 AM

Damn 9000, lucky you

well, my cup holders right in front of the CD PLAYER!!!! WTF!!
Old 01-02-2002, 12:00 PM

Originally posted by integrate
well, my cup holders right in front of the CD PLAYER!!!! WTF!!
No, the S2000 has the WORST position for a cup holder. It's right in front of the shifter, "in front" meaning towards the driver. If I get a large drink at Mcdonalds the cup is taller than the shifter, have to reach around. I CAN'T RACE LIKE THAT!

Quick Reply: Dodged the BULLITT....twice!!!