S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

dodge ram and dumb lady in a taurus

Old 01-16-2006, 07:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default dodge ram and dumb lady in a taurus

I was moving pretty good through traffic the other day, when I caught the attention of a dodge ram. I believe it was an SRT10, especially the way it accelerated at speed. He was behind me and I started to roll on the throttle at 80mph. He moved over to the middle lane to pass, and I downshifted to 4th and took off. he actually hung with me through most of 4th, but by the end i was pulling. once I hit 5th I started to pull more convincingly, and the car lengths started building up.

I shut down at about 125, and eventually started to come into traffic, so I stayed in the left lane following the flow. The truck was behind me but in the middle lane. We're going about 70 (in a 65) with traffic, and we come over a hill, and there in the median is a state trooper shooting laser/lidar at our side of the highway. We obviously lucked out, and went by. After we went by, the guy in the truck looked at me and I pointed back at the trooper and laughed. He made a "whew" gesture and we went on our way. We cleared traffic and went back to cruising at about 85mph.

2 miles down the road we came into traffic again, which slowed us down again to about 70. And, once again, we come upon ANOTHER police car (local police) shooting laser/lidar at our side of the highway!! lol. this time the guy in the truck puts his hands together and looks up as if he's praying and saying "damn we're lucky" lol. Needless to say, he was a cool owner in a pretty fast truck.

Then later on, I'm making a right turn at a stoplight (i have a green light), and this lady in a taurus making a left turn from the oncoming lane just decides to go as I'm turning. She almost slams right into me, and I had to swerve to avoid a collision. At this point, I'm on her ass because of the fact that we were that close to hitting. It's at this point I notice she has 2 kids in the back seat, one in a car seat. I'm just about to back off her tail, and she BRAKE CHECKS!!!!!! Obvioiusly I had no trouble slowing faster than her POS taurus could, but this lady is seriously f*cking crazy! First, she endangers her children by almost causing an accident, and then she endangers them AGAIN by doing a BRAKE CHECK when a car is right behind her!

I wish I would have written down her license plate and called the cops, cuz that lady is gonna hurt herself or her kids. People are just so stupid sometimes.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Jan 16 2006, 08:07 AM
I was moving pretty good through traffic the other day, when I caught the attention of a dodge ram. I believe it was an SRT10, especially the way it accelerated at speed. He was behind me and I started to roll on the throttle at 80mph. He moved over to the middle lane to pass, and I downshifted to 4th and took off. he actually hung with me through most of 4th, but by the end i was pulling. once I hit 5th I started to pull more convincingly, and the car lengths started building up.

I shut down at about 125, and eventually started to come into traffic, so I stayed in the left lane following the flow. The truck was behind me but in the middle lane. We're going about 70 (in a 65) with traffic, and we come over a hill, and there in the median is a state trooper shooting laser/lidar at our side of the highway. We obviously lucked out, and went by. After we went by, the guy in the truck looked at me and I pointed back at the trooper and laughed. He made a "whew" gesture and we went on our way. We cleared traffic and went back to cruising at about 85mph.

2 miles down the road we came into traffic again, which slowed us down again to about 70. And, once again, we come upon ANOTHER police car (local police) shooting laser/lidar at our side of the highway!! lol. this time the guy in the truck puts his hands together and looks up as if he's praying and saying "damn we're lucky" lol. Needless to say, he was a cool owner in a pretty fast truck.

Then later on, I'm making a right turn at a stoplight (i have a green light), and this lady in a taurus making a left turn from the oncoming lane just decides to go as I'm turning. She almost slams right into me, and I had to swerve to avoid a collision. At this point, I'm on her ass because of the fact that we were that close to hitting. It's at this point I notice she has 2 kids in the back seat, one in a car seat. I'm just about to back off her tail, and she BRAKE CHECKS!!!!!! Obvioiusly I had no trouble slowing faster than her POS taurus could, but this lady is seriously f*cking crazy! First, she endangers her children by almost causing an accident, and then she endangers them AGAIN by doing a BRAKE CHECK when a car is right behind her!

I wish I would have written down her license plate and called the cops, cuz that lady is gonna hurt herself or her kids. People are just so stupid sometimes.
Darwin award. Too bad for the kids, parents like this should be shot on sight.

(Cool race with the tank viper)
Old 01-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

That would be fun to play with a SRT-10 Ram.

Stupid soccer mom in the Ford. Can not believe she put her kids in harms way like that. Yet more evidence that there are way too many stupid people reproducing. Funny thing about that is that nowadays they know what causes that whole pregnancy thing.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Jan 16 2006, 08:41 AM
Darwin award.
wholeheartedly. What's up with some of the people out there today?