S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Do you race Domestics?

Old 08-21-2001, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ElTianti

Hmmm... Two words : Napoleonic syndrome.
I may have a bit of that since I'm short and somewhat of an overachiever, but I truly don't know...and neither do you. Sweeping generalizations again show the capacity and quality of your thought.

Andrew
Old 08-21-2001, 01:36 PM

I will race anything that is closely matched to me. That means I stay away from things like Vipers, Lotas, and the one Vector that I've been beside. Some people bye there car to go fast in a straight line, others to go around corners, and some to even go off the roads.
Old 08-21-2001, 03:47 PM

Originally posted by S2Kguy

Do you guys race Domestics?

Yup... all the time. I used to race anyone... imports, domestics, old ladies in k-cars. Nowadays, I race anyone who is willing... it's been hard to get street races since the cam swap.

Chris
dinosauric 1997 Z28

P.S. I'm probably going to reply to a bunch of posts back to back, so if you already know you won't like my opinions move on to a different thread or scroll down a whole big bunch.
Old 08-21-2001, 03:50 PM

My point was that even if I beat the Camaro I wouldn't care, it's a...Camaro.

Andrew
I'm confused... at this point in the thread you act like a Camaro is beneath you, later on you say that you wouldn't race one because you know you'll get your ass handed to you. If you beat one, you should be freaking ecstatic. Which is it... are we beneath you (to the point where if you won you wouldn't care, because it's a... Camaro) or are you backing down because of the disadvantage the S2K is at in a street race?

Chris
Old 08-21-2001, 03:56 PM

The Muscle car guys didn't give me the time of day until I got my '87 Conquest Tsi, and then it was like..."wow, his taillights look awsome", cause I was burnin' em' down with my 300hp/300t 2,900lb car.
You name wouldn't be Van Winkle would it? Put this line to "ice, ice baby" and it kinda sounds good.

ding, ding, ding, da-da ding, ding

Burnin' em...
with my TSI...
boost pumped up to an all time high...

I hope this comes across the internet as funny as it is in my head. Either way, I love the old Conquests and Starions... sorry you had a bad experience with all those scary muscle car guys. Still no reason to make blanket statements though, if I did that I'd have to beat the living sh*t out of my roommate for owning an S2K after reading your posts.

Chris
Old 08-21-2001, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by thomas laporta
i guess what bothers me most is gm has not kept up with the times ohv,live r axle, drum brakes.
Can't... keep... mouth... shut....

405 HP out of the new ZO6, 340ish for a "regualar" f-body, all getting mid 20s as far as mpg. I wish GM would wake up and catch the bandwagon, these ancient motors really suck. BTW, read up on the Trailblazer and the Envoy. IMHO, the most sophisticated motor in any car today sits between the fenders of a GM. Even if you don't agree... that inline 6 blows your "gm has not kept up with the times" comment up in smoke. Shizon took care of the rest of you statement so I'll move on.

Chris
Old 08-21-2001, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by Bassmaster

*Street racing?.....never underestimate the car or driver.
Can I get an Amen!?!?!? Couldn't be said any better.

Chris
Old 08-21-2001, 04:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thomas laporta
[B] About 10 years ago I believe yamaha built a dohc head for gm and put it on a select few cars. Why does'nt gm do that now. They could push 400 hp out of the vette plant with little or no mpg decreae or much cost.
Old 08-21-2001, 04:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2Ken
[B]
WRT Thunderhill, TAKE A LOOK AT THE TRACK.
Old 08-21-2001, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by jschmidt

I couldn't tell you your name if I met you yesterday but I'm a font of useless facts. The 351 Cleveland had higher compression and 4 bolt mains. The 351 Windsor had 2 bolt mains. The Cleveland disappeared after a few years.
jschmidt to me "you have much to learn young grasshopper."

I am truly humbled, I thought I had a wealth of useless knowledge but am in awe of jschmidt!

Chris

Quick Reply: Do you race Domestics?