S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

"Criminal" speeding ticket

Old 10-16-2002, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LBRunner

Right now I'm paying under $1,000 a year for a new SUV, and an exotic sportscar... pretty good if you ask me.
That's a very good rate. What exotic sportscar do you drive?
Old 10-16-2002, 03:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fanman
[B]BTW, my brother is California Highway Patrol, and they don't use radar (come up from behind and tail you).
Old 10-16-2002, 03:46 PM

my licenses is getting revoked today cause I've got too many points.. I'm decalred as a negelgant driver~ MWAHHA~
Old 10-16-2002, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by S2K_Stylist
my licenses is getting revoked today cause I've got too many points.. I'm decalred as a negelgant driver~ MWAHHA~
Unfortunately I know how that feels
Old 10-31-2002, 10:03 AM

A big THANK YOU to all who have responded

The trial is this morning. I will say it again.... I was NOT excessively speeding as accused. Pray for me.

Originally posted by dundonr
it's amazing if you leave 10 minutes earlier that you don't have to speed to get where your going on time..
Quick response to this comment: UP YOURS!

Detailed response to this comment:
Thanks for this simple-minded response. dundonr, I don't know you that well & I respect your right to comment... but that was the most pathetic comment I've heard from this board. It gives credibility to the speed limits that terrorize America. Please don't sit there & try to tell me that the speed limits are reasonable. They're not. This is proven daily by the majority of drivers exceeding them safely by 10-30%... without incident. I'm not talking about roads in front of schools with children playing out front... speeding there is just wrong. I'm talking about the roads where the limits are set solely to raise the income of some small hick town's law enforcement dept.

We no longer drive 1974's technology, and our roads should reflect this. It is sad how our freedoms are taken away... little by little... and how my fellow Americans willingly become Parrotheads regurgitating the excuses used to control & mold us into the stupid little piss-ants that we have become. Sad, really sad!!! It used to be that if you were cruising the highway at 55 you got a ticket for going too slow. Back then, we had no seatbelts, anti-lock brakes, or advanced engineering. So it seems the better our cars get, the less we can use them... simply because some fat, slow-minded politicain wants to exercise his power and control us useless citizens.
Old 10-31-2002, 10:08 PM

I had a 102 in a 70 mph zone. Lawyer cost me 500.00 I got it reduced to "too fast for condition" which is 1 pt.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:47 PM

I sympathize, having recently been cited for 83 in a 55 the VERY FIRST TIME I'd gone VTEC in my S2000! Just 642 miles on the odo and I simply wanted to hear how 8,000 rpm sounded! I had barely made it to 7k when the revenue collector - I mean Highway Patrolman - nailed me on radar on an otherwise empty 2-lane highway. And being polite didn't help. In spite of having zero tickets for at least 5 years, I can't take traffic school (not that I really want to anyway) cuz I exceeded the posted limit by too much. But the real purpose of this is to respectfully refute Fanman's post in which he mentions CHP not employing radar. That used to be true, but no more. Once upon a time, the state wouldn't buy radar for the CHP because it was thought to be too expensive. So it was purchased for them piecemeal by dogooder organizations like Rotary, for the chippys to use on dangerous, F-rated roadways. But now, thanks to a bond initiative passed by the electorate, the CHP is funded and has retrofitted most of its cruisers with the nasty stuff. So be on the lookout! In the meantime, one can merely hope there is at least some truth to the notion that prolonged exposure to microwave transmission can fricasee one's cojones.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:37 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

What happened?
Old 11-08-2002, 03:46 PM

Haven't been to court yet... Plan to wait to 5 days before deadline, plead not guilty by mail & ask for trial, wait til 5 days before that deadline & then ask for new date. When I finally get to court I'll hope that the CHPatrolman has either (1) retired, (2) gone on vacation (3) been institutionalized (4) been transferred to another jurisdiction far, far away or (5) been squished by a rogue SUV while scribbling another ticket. (OK, maybe not #5). Seriously, I'm meeting with David Brown, the attorney who wrote the excellent Nolo Press book, "Fight Your Ticket," who lives in my fair city. I plan to follow his advice to the letter. I'll let you know.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:02 PM

Oh by the way not just most of its cruisers but the majority of the new BMW motorcycles employ radar as well.

Quick Reply: "Criminal" speeding ticket