S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

coolest mustang owner ever

Old 02-22-2002, 10:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default coolest mustang owner ever

So down at the strip tonite (yeah, i got a couple good stories tonite) I was able to go against my friend in his hybrid CRX. Integra engine.... supercharger. He can take me off the line, but I still pull on him and am able to beat him, pulling all the way. But man it's quick!!

After a race with him, we run into a group of mustangs. I'm in the left lane, and the mustangs are travelling in a group in the middle lane. We get stopped at a light, and there is now also an RX7 in the far right lane. The guy in the mustang GT looks to his right, then looks to his left, and then shouts... "damn! I got a fricken RX7 here and an S2000 over here. God does NOT want me to win tonite!" I was laughin so hard. I asked the guy what year it was. He said 2002. I said well I'll still run, but that RX7 will take both of us. So we are all revvin readyy to go, and the light turns. the mustang gets a good length off the start.. as expected, but I steadily pull on him (as he had predicted) and pull ahead. Now any minute I'm waitin for this RX7 to just shoot ahead from the right and he never does. The guy never even raced!!! Boring! I was disappointed, I was hoping to see how much I'd lose by. Anyways... thumbs up to the mustang. That guy was really cool.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't post this before (it happened about a month ago), but I had an enjoyable experience with a mustang owner also...

I had my S2000 for only three weeks, but not a single street encounter until a mile from home, an early 90's 5.0 mustang pulls to my left at a light. I'm sitting back on the light in order to see the overhead-hung light (some intersections around here have the lights too high to easily see). Anyways, he sees me. I just grin, thinking, "nah, he won't do anything". Light is still red, but he does a quick power-break, chirping his tires. I decide that when the light goes green, I'll just go mildly until I know if he's going.

Well, the light goes green. I only go 1/2 throttle (no clutch drop). He guns it. So I gun it. By the time I am shifting into second at 8700 RPM, I'm blowing by him (and can still hear that he is gunning it).

Anyways, about 1/2 a mile down the road, I get stopped at another light (after 1/4 mile he gave up because he was about 3-4 lengths back). I had switch to the left lane. He to the right. I mute the radio only to hear:

"DAMN!!! That was COOOOL!!! HA HA HA!!!"

He was genuinely loving the fact that he was tromped on. He was really cool about it. He wanted to see it again, "do it again, again!!!" So he power-breaked again.

Light goes green. I don't drop the clutch but I gun it. Good-bye!!!

By that time I was further from home (was originally heading home, but the fun got the better of me). So I turned at the next light and hear him screaming and honking and see him waving as he continues on straight down the road while I turn.

Having previously had a '01 Prelude that sorta held up to V8's, I always wanted to blow away a Mustang (which are SOOOO prevalent around here). I finally got the chance and the guy (about 21 years old) was unbelievably cool about it.

I love it when stereotypes are proven wrong.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heh yea theres one in my area driving a GT and gave me a run yes in my focus but still it's modded
he was pure awesome as the fact that after the race he pulled into the place i did and we talked and he was surprised to see a focus put up that kinda fight
some ppl are awesome some ppl can be an a$$
you just got to know where to race that's all
nice kill tho
btw he was slowly inching up on me but i put up a helluva fight tho