S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Close calls

Old 08-22-2002, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a huge issue about Road Rage and I have a possible solution to propose.

"Slow drivers move to slow lane as soon as a faster moving car is pushing you from behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That's it. If every one of slow drivers DROP their mentality saying,
"I am driving speed limit, so that fast driver behind me can go to hell"
there will be a LOT less road rage war stories.

Aggressive driving? Give me a break. I drive aggressively just to avoid these slow moving vehicles on the road.
Some will say, "Even if you drive 10 mph faster, you will only shave off so much". Yes you are right.
But please move to the slow lane when someone else is tailgating you. He is not trying to get you mad.
He only wants to go faster. If you have "fu*k him" attitude, he will come back with a similar attitude.
Thus, road rage and aggressive driving continues. Yes we all share the same road.
No one has any more right than you. Regardless of that, HAVE SOME DECENCY and move over.

Just venting after fighting the traffic...sorry...
Old 08-22-2002, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to switch lanes, you do NOT use your turn signals. All they do is make the other drivers speed up to not let you in.
You got that right! I make a point of letting anybody in who uses their turn signals, and I make a point of ignoring people who don't. I love watching people behind me go ballistic when I exercise a little civility. You've gotta have principles ...

I had a little convertible when I was transferred to Chicagoland from a small town in southern Indiana. The sheer amount of aggression in traffic made me give up the fun little car and get a big truck. I want to live. I almost never ride my motorcycles any more for the same reason.

I hate big cities.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:11 AM

Received 229 Likes on 162 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by M Power
[B]There is a huge issue about Road Rage and I have a possible solution to propose.

"Slow drivers move to slow lane as soon as a faster moving car is pushing you from behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That's it.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by M Power
Hehe My dad says they read the driving book backwards and understood "If you are going slow you must go all the way to your left"... Or when you are boxed in you have Slow and SlowER. It's a guessing game to see who's gonna pass the other and just when you change lanes to the one you think is going faster the idiot in the lane you were in SPEEDS UP!!

I hate that!