S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Civic vs. Evo

Old 03-25-2006, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Civic vs. Evo

I dropped off my S2000 today to get a few things done and picked up my wife's '04 Civic (which had some work done on it as well). Her Civic has the following mods:

K20A2
K-Pro
Exedy Hyper Single
Quaife LSD
DC RH
AEM CAI
RS*R Ex Mag cat-back exhaust

Anyways, we were on the freeway about an hour ago and I saw an Evo in front of us. I sped up a bit to take a closer look, saw that he had the "Evolution" decal on his trunk but no Evo spoiler. I thought maybe the guy was faking the funk by running an Evo decal on his Lancer, but as I pulled ahead of him I saw his intercooler. I don't know what year his Evo was, nor if he had any mods (looked like stock exhaust).

I decided to see if the guy wanted to run a few times so I slowed down and pulled even to him. His windows were up and he didn't bother to roll them down to discuss his car. He simply gave the typical "you want to race" look and rev'd a bit. No honks...the guy decides to floor it. I was in 4th gear, going about 75, and mashed the gas as well. I pulled about a car on him before having to shutdown for traffic. We clear traffic, he again takes off, and I proceed to put a couple more cars on him before shutting down.

He pulls up alongside me holding up four fingers. I don't know if he was talking about his 4th gear or what. We slowed down to about 65, he did whatever he thought would help, and I decided to try a 3rd gear pull (this put me around 7K RPMs). We go and he starts pulling about a half car length until I shifted to 4th and walked him. I slowed down to see what he had to say, he gave me the thumbs up and took the next exit.

Like I mentioned before...I don't know what year his Evo was or what mods (if any) he had. All in all it was a fun couple of runs.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:19 PM

Nice run.

Your wife's Civic sounds pretty quick, it should walk stock S2Ks from a roll also right?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by nevert00fast,Mar 25 2006, 07:19 PM
Nice run.

Your wife's Civic sounds pretty quick, it should walk stock S2Ks from a roll also right?
Thanks. No, it won't walk a stock S2000 from a roll--it weighs about 2900 lbs!

Next Saturday I get my S2000 back and my wife and I will make some vids of the two cars going up against each other. It won't be pretty...and it won't be fair either.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:46 PM

Ok, I dont doubt your runs, however if your saying the Civic wont walk a stock S2K I cant see you pulling the Evo like you did. I could easily hang with our S2K when my Evo was bone stock. Maybe your Civic is faster than you think it is, and it could pull a stock S2K. When I had an intake and turboback I killed a Turbo RSX 3 times, twice from a dig and the third tiime from a 20-100 mph punch (I mention that cuz your K20 in the Civic)

Anywyas nice runs
Old 03-25-2006, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quik S2K,Mar 25 2006, 08:46 PM
Ok, I dont doubt your runs, however if your saying the Civic wont walk a stock S2K I cant see you pulling the Evo like you did. I could easily hang with our S2K when my Evo was bone stock. Maybe your Civic is faster than you think it is, and it could pull a stock S2K. When I had an intake and turboback I killed a Turbo RSX 3 times, twice from a dig and the third tiime from a 20-100 mph punch (I mention that cuz your K20 in the Civic)

Anywyas nice runs
Thanks for your input.

I'd like the think that my wife's Civic is good for high 13s...but it weighs close to 2900 lbs so I am not sure that it would run that. Traction in first gear is pretty bad. My wife's Civic was mine...before I got my S2000...so I have plenty of experience driving it. There seems to be a night and day difference between the two though. Sure my S2000 is far from stock given the 4.57-R FD, but even when bone stock it felt faster.

There is a guy on the ClubRSX forum that wants to run my wife's Civic. He has a Stage 2 or 3 STI. I already told him that he'll win, but he wants to run anyways.