S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Chevy Malibu got really owned...literally.

Old 08-22-2004, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Malibu got really owned...literally.

So the weather was gorgeous today and I went for a drive. Coming back, I was on Sawmill RD towards I-270 near OSU airport I see a car riding my rear bumper so closely so I moved to slow lane so he could pass and I see him pulling right next to me.

I see silver late model Chevy Malibu with three teenagers in the car. On in the passanger seat waves his hand for my attention so I look and he goes "Slow car you got there" I was dumb founded.

I hear his engine. It's got either intake or some modification can't really tell and I am not about to find out. The road is full of other cars and I've learned my lessons not to race on public road.

We come to a stop light. I am trying to ignore these kids obviously is out to look for a street race. Light turns green and I ease off to 1st gear and I see his car jumping from start as if he thought I was going to race him.

Final draw came in when I looked up. His passanger stuck his hands out with his thumbs down. I know I know... I must not stoop down to their level but man. At this point the road ahead of me is clear up to about good 1/2 mile and they are pacing ahead of me waiting for me to pull up next to them.

"Fck it" So I am on 3rd @ 45mph. Quickly drive up next to them. I look over I see driver, and two passangers. "You three and me alone?" The passanger yells "Well, we will still smoke you don't worry" It made me smile and thought "Hmm...they must have done something to the car" There I see passanger putting his hands near gear box and in simultaneous second the passanger yells "Hit it"

I knew they were spraying. I quickly dropped to 2nd @ 45mph or so, and redline through 2nd then 3rd red line and they are quickly falling behind me. We are approaching stop light ahead so I slow down to complete stop. Shortly they pull next to me. My gosh, what is that smell. I can see smokes coming out of their hood. "Oh shit" driver yells.

I drove off as watching them through rear view mirror.

Well, I am not proud of racing on public road let alone racing against a Chevy Malibu. But felt quite funny about watching someone who just possibly ruined his engine which will cost him $$$ to fix. I've been down that road before. Instigated a race and blew the motor during racing. That was the end of my street racing saga. Almost lost my license due to racing a Z28 when I owned modded GTi 1.8t.

Anyways, I don't think I would ever street race again. There are too many possibilities and costly consequences that I do not wish to deal with associates with street racings. FWIW, I thought I'd share the story with you all.

Old 08-22-2004, 09:17 PM

those bastards deserve it!
angelo
Old 08-24-2004, 05:46 AM

You should have given them the as you pulled away... you could have yelled "should have bought a Honda..."
Old 08-24-2004, 07:12 PM

Beating a Chevy Malibu is a kill? That would be like me picking on an S2000.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:03 AM

That is a legit kill, since Malibu was picking on the S2000....
Old 08-26-2004, 01:13 PM

More like a suicide rather than a kill... the Malibu destroyed itself without much help from the S....
Old 08-26-2004, 03:44 PM

makes me not want to get a nitrous kit....
Old 09-01-2004, 04:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by adsc4s,Aug 24 2004, 11:12 PM
Beating a Chevy Malibu is a kill? That would be like me picking on an S2000.
Who asked you?

Stick to the point.

Funny Stuff Kids think NOS is the answer.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOS: too fast, too dangerous.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:46 AM

Hhahaa great story man.

I had some young kid with his girlfriend pull up next to me at a red light last night talking trash. He had an older integra.. and he kept revving up and staring me down. Unfortunately I was in my gf's eclipse and not the s2000 so I didn't bother.

Quick Reply: Chevy Malibu got really owned...literally.