S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Camero SS / S2000 / Neon (???)...

Old 11-08-2001, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camero SS / S2000 / Neon (???)...

Camero SS
Convertible SS, two guys late 20s - early 30s. We rolled through the light, both of us evidently listening to see if the other was going to punch it. We both did, he obviously had read the script. He was about 1/2 car length ahead when we started. I mis-shifted 2nd very badly. When I got into 2nd finally the car jumped sideways a bit. He was gone.

I caught up as he slowed for a red light. "What happened?" the guy asked. "I mis-shifted, badly." "Yeah, I could tell.", he added. "Whatcha got besides the supercharger?". "<shrug> Throttle Body and Exhaust." Waiting for light. Light turns green. We roll out, he rolls out a little faster, hit 20MPH and WHHAAAAUUUUUUHHH...we both go. He was about 1.5 car lengths ahead when we started. By end of 3rd gear I was passing him. Didn't "fly" by, he wasy pretty quick. At the next light his passenger was all geeked out about my car. They both were actually being very cool. They were very impressed, complimenting the car repeatedly. Gotta love it.

S2000
I was cruising at about 45 MPH. I see a silver S2000 gliding in and out of traffic, coming up on me. I figured it was someone I knew, turned the radio down waiting for him to pull up next to me. Vraaaaaaaaaah, he's VTEC'ing right past me. Paper plates. Of course, I had to go introduce myself. I navigate around traffic and take off after him. I see him in front of me in my lane, I drop to 3rd, WOT. I can tell that he floored it too. I see his female passanger turn around to see wth is coming up behind, he must have said something. I fly by above the century mark. I slowed, he pulled up. "Turbo!?", he asks. "No, supercharged." I asked him, "Did you just get it?". "Yeah.", he replies. We took off. I wanted to pull up to him and tell him about S2ki.com, but he pulled off with a friendly wave.

Neon
I don't make the news, I just report it. I'm only posting this because I thought it was humorous. This Neon, white, blue racing stripes, altezza lights was rolling in and around me for a good 3-5 miles. 30+ old couple in the car. I figured the guy was driving his teenager's car. After rolling out from the light the guy floors it in 2nd gear, and I hear his intake "Whaaaahhhh", then he lets off. I look over my left should in his direction, with a "Oh really?" look. I downshift to 2nd...floor it, as does he. This is by far the shortest race I've ever had. It only lasted 3K RPMs. I put a good 2 car lengths on the guy just in 2nd gear VTEC. I shut it down, and he did too...then he turned off.

I don't pick on slower cars, but I'll teach anyone a quick lesson if they're willing to sign up.
Old 11-09-2001, 04:14 AM

Wes you're such a bully man......
Old 11-09-2001, 05:48 AM

I don't pick on slower cars, but I'll teach anyone a quick lesson if they're willing to sign up.
School's in session with Teacher Wes....

Cheers,
Old 11-09-2001, 06:00 AM

I have so many of those around here (Neon type people)...

Every time I go out it seems someone in a be-stickered, altezzaed, vehicle wants to race me. It gets old.

I'm so sick of kids in Civic EXs, Civic Sis, GS-Rs, and Preludes pulling up to me at lights or zigging through traffic to line up next to me. Especially ones with automatic transmissions, which are slower than dogshit.

Anyways,

Last race I had was with an RX-7 and a Diablo. Me and the RX-7 were neck and neck, but I let off at 80 MPH, because we were in the city.

The interesting but sad thing was the guy in the Diablo (about 40) couldn't drive worth a damn. He got the worst start, but then proceeds to roar past us getting up well over 100mph. Damn that car was loud, but the sound of that V12 was so sweet!
Old 11-09-2001, 06:22 AM

Good kill...
Old 11-09-2001, 07:24 AM

Nice Kills, i always love hearing about your kill stories. Thanks
Old 11-09-2001, 09:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KeithD
[B]I have so many of those around here (Neon type people)...

Every time I go out it seems someone in a be-stickered, altezzaed, vehicle wants to race me.
Old 11-09-2001, 09:23 AM

wes, is your pup a jack russell terrier?
Old 11-09-2001, 11:05 AM

Good kills Wes. I didn't think that you could beat that Camaro. At least he was cool enough to talk to you later.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:56 AM

wes, is your pup a jack russell terrier?
Yep. Dome, when you gonna be out again? We meet up at the Starbucks on HWY 6 and 529 at about 10:00-11:30 on Saturdays, then roll out to the race spots.

I didn't think that you could beat that Camaro.
Stock SS should run mid 13s in the 1/4, Supercharged S2000 should run low 13s.

Quick Reply: Camero SS / S2000 / Neon (???)...