S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

C5 corvette goes downnnn

Old 08-16-2005, 09:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C5 corvette goes downnnn

Hehe. Ok, first off, I know damn well that any C5 vette, would/could/should beat me without breaking a sweat.

However. If the driver is as competent as your average mentally retarded monkey, then anything is fair game. And I do mean mentally challenged severely. Like, a monkey that spends all day knitting something that isn't there would have had a better chance than this tool.

I'm driving down the freeway today, and get a yellow C5 behind me on an onramp. He's sticking close to my tail, but gets cut off slightly by traffic and forced to fall back. My exit is actually the next exit, so I stay in the right lane. The guy zips up the left lane, then moves over and gets next to me. He's kinda making it seem like he wants to run, however, my exit is quickly approaching so I put on my turn signal.

The guy slows way down, and moves in behind me, exiting the freeway. I turn left through the green light onto a 3 lane road. I take the left lane and he swoops out to the middle lane and does a ricer fly by.

As we approach the next intersection, there is some grass over on the right side of the road that is being watered by sprinklers. The right lane of the road has a small puddle near the intersection from the overspray. This, is where it gets interesting.

The guy is on street tires, and as we approach the red light, he zips over to the right lane, and intentionally drives into the puddle. I'm like... WTF? I stay in the left lane and as I get there he looks over and revs. He then attempts to do a burnout as if he was in the water pit on the drag strip. Now I'm literally laughing, which of course he doesn't like. His burnout lasts a whopping 2 seconds and he stops, with his nose now already half way into the intersection.

The light prepares to turn and i rev up to 6 grand. The light turns green and I dump the clutch. As I take off, I think he must have left a traction control on or something, because his car bogged way down at the first barely audible squeak and I quickly started pulling away.

THEN, he apparently figured out what had happened and turned off the TCS and slammed the gas. But of course, then he did nothing but spin, and I could hear his tires squealing and see him fishtailing a bit in my sideview. By this point I am laughing and racing away. He eventually starts to slowly catch up, but I shut down at 80mph before approaching the next intersection where traffic was waiting. I had a convincing "lead" to say the least.

Hehe. my first C5 kill.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Aug 16 2005, 09:24 PM
Hehe. Ok, first off, I know damn well that any C5 vette, would/could/should beat me without breaking a sweat.

However. If the driver is as competent as your average mentally retarded monkey, then anything is fair game. And I do mean mentally challenged severely. Like, a monkey that spends all day knitting something that isn't there would have had a better chance than this tool.

I'm driving down the freeway today, and get a yellow C5 behind me on an onramp. He's sticking close to my tail, but gets cut off slightly by traffic and forced to fall back. My exit is actually the next exit, so I stay in the right lane. The guy zips up the left lane, then moves over and gets next to me. He's kinda making it seem like he wants to run, however, my exit is quickly approaching so I put on my turn signal.

The guy slows way down, and moves in behind me, exiting the freeway. I turn left through the green light onto a 3 lane road. I take the left lane and he swoops out to the middle lane and does a ricer fly by.

As we approach the next intersection, there is some grass over on the right side of the road that is being watered by sprinklers. The right lane of the road has a small puddle near the intersection from the overspray. This, is where it gets interesting.

The guy is on street tires, and as we approach the red light, he zips over to the right lane, and intentionally drives into the puddle. I'm like... WTF? I stay in the left lane and as I get there he looks over and revs. He then attempts to do a burnout as if he was in the water pit on the drag strip. Now I'm literally laughing, which of course he doesn't like. His burnout lasts a whopping 2 seconds and he stops, with his nose now already half way into the intersection.

The light prepares to turn and i rev up to 6 grand. The light turns green and I dump the clutch. As I take off, I think he must have left a traction control on or something, because his car bogged way down at the first barely audible squeak and I quickly started pulling away.

THEN, he apparently figured out what had happened and turned off the TCS and slammed the gas. But of course, then he did nothing but spin, and I could hear his tires squealing and see him fishtailing a bit in my sideview. By this point I am laughing and racing away. He eventually starts to slowly catch up, but I shut down at 80mph before approaching the next intersection where traffic was waiting. I had a convincing "lead" to say the least.

Hehe. my first C5 kill.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice man. Just got home from a beach run with 3 of my friends. One has an Evo (stock), the other a turbo civic si, and the other a turbo b20. We all took turns pulling on a c6. Must have been the most incompetent driver ever. I didnt pass him until about 145, I let off and he went flying by. The exhaust note from the c6 sounded like it was going. I had a passenger as well. Flame all you want but i swear it happened.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:11 AM

Nice run wis...The vette driver is a tool....that's being nice I could say much more
Old 08-17-2005, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by 9kFever,Aug 17 2005, 12:58 AM
nice man. Just got home from a beach run with 3 of my friends. One has an Evo (stock), the other a turbo civic si, and the other a turbo b20. We all took turns pulling on a c6. Must have been the most incompetent driver ever. I didnt pass him until about 145, I let off and he went flying by. The exhaust note from the c6 sounded like it was going. I had a passenger as well. Flame all you want but i swear it happened.
do you know how long it takes to get to 145????

A C6 just put into 5th or 6th and floored by an idiot will rape you on the high end. Its a 170+ mph car.

Old 08-17-2005, 05:11 AM

[QUOTE=9kFever,Aug 17 2005, 12:58 AM] We all took turns pulling on a c6.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:13 AM

btw, good kill wisconsin. gotta love it
Old 08-17-2005, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Aug 17 2005, 12:24 AM
As I take off, I think he must have left a traction control on or something, because his car bogged way down at the first barely audible squeak and I quickly started pulling away.
This is really strange, that guy must be pretty retarded if it's true. He'd had to turn off T/C to do the burnout, and then turn it back on again before he launches. What a moron....
Old 08-17-2005, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by 9kFever,Aug 17 2005, 03:58 AM
Now I don't know which C6 you guys raced, but I have to assume that it's the slowest one possible and the driver didn't know how to floor the go pedal. Because my friend with an EVO that put down 320awhp/320awtq went against my other friend's stock C6 Z51 6spd, and the C6 walked the EVO pretty easily. We didn't even go over 110, the Vettes pulls real hard after triple digits.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Floored and put into 6th-not gonna rape NOTHING.

Quick Reply: C5 corvette goes downnnn