S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

C32 vs. M3

Old 09-23-2002, 09:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C32 vs. M3

raced a new M3 yesterday.....from a dead stop to about 210 kmh (130 mph)........with a curve thrown in for good measure....

i was running late after getting my hair cut (wife called me twice wondering where the hell i was) and thought i would take the highway home (it's only one exit from where i was, but it saves about 5 minutes)

i'm coasting up to the red light for the on-ramp and notice a new generation M3 waiting in my lane (white, quite clean/recently washed, i might add). the on-ramp is actually 1/8 of a mile away, but our lane actually becomes the on-ramp......the lane goes straight and then turns for the ramp portion and then straightens out again as you merge onto the highway....

he may or may not have noticed me, but he mashed the throttle as the light turns green, i follow suit.....i'm right there.....inching closer......we take the turn, i'm still right there....it straightens, and the power is down......i'm about to switch lanes to pass him, when HE switches, so i "jerk" back into my lane and went by......a few seconds later, i could see him in both my sideview and rearview, so i'd guess about 4 cars back - we were doing 210 at that point and my exit was rapidly approaching, i eased up, look over, he waves, i wave back and took my exit.....

i think if i was in front, i may have put a couple of more cars on him as twice i had to feather the throttle to avoid running into the back of him (his shift points, maybe? - i don't know if it was stick or SMG, although i suspect it was a stick as his brake lights weren't on (in neutral) when i was waiting behind him at the light).

anyways, we've only had the car for a few days and i'm told the car becomes faster as it's broken in........we have 500km (300 miles) on it.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill. The car will be stronger after fully broken in, and you should notice the difference.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:20 AM

Good kill!!!
From published specs, your car should be right there with E46M3.

After I get my car back from Curry's I will have to run SLK32 AMG or C32.
SCed 3.2 l M Vs SCed 3.2 AMG sounds more fair to me.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by M Power
[B]SCed 3.2 l M Vs SCed 3.2 AMG sounds more fair to me.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:34 PM

[B]Good kill!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by S4_dukar
On paper engine displacement looks like a fair race, but on the dyno your SC'ed S54 will rape him.
uh, i think we both knew that........we were "laughing" about it......
Old 09-23-2002, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by TKG 26

uh, i think we both knew that........we were "laughing" about it......
I know, I am the master of the obvious
Old 09-23-2002, 01:05 PM

Sup man...
S54 S/C'ed??? U must be the one at currys i saw. I didn't get to talk to you tho.. anyways, I drive an SLK32. So whenever your car is done.. Let me know.. so I can see if I can somehow hang with your car. How about a trip to MIR or Capitol friday night??
It's great finally seing S54's getting some boost...

[B]Good kill!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by S4_dukar
I know, I am the master of the obvious
hahahahaha.......you just cracked me up.......
Old 09-23-2002, 01:26 PM

Yup, I was the one at Curry's show. RMS has been working on my car ever since that Saturday. They were able to pull 400 rhwp on their Mustang dyno (about 440 rwhp on Dynojet accounting for 11% loss on Mustang Vs Dynojet) but plastic intake kept blowing up from 11 psi. I should be getting my car back soon anytime though.

I think some bimmer guys are driving up to MIR on 10/6.
I know my friend with Stage III S52 is going there.
I will be jumping from 250 rwhp to 400 rwhp, so I am going to give it some time to adjust to changes.
I think I will still show up at MIR on 10/6 though, just to meet my friends. If I feel confident enough with the change, I may run as well. Maybe I will get to run against you then.

I see this SLK32 with BRIGHT fog lights around here often. Is that your car? If it is, I am sure we will meet on the street soon enough since I see that car often.

Quick Reply: C32 vs. M3