S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Behaving and Nailed

Old 11-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Behaving and Nailed

Why is it all the times i am behaving i get nailed by a pig... the other day i was given a ticked for statite 316.191, and i was the only car on the road, and the officer obviously doesnt know shit about state statues, just wants to write tickets for his eval. So i was comming around a corner in my legally designated lane, at about 5 mph, clutch pops gear out and engine hits about 6-7k and when i kick it back in, tires give off alittle squeak cause now i got it into second, and keep in mind i never exceeded 35 mph in 100 yards. posted speed limit was 45 in that area too. PIG boy obviously had a serious chip on his shoulder and the whole time i kept my mouth shut except to ask permission to get my license and registration outta the secret compatment and yes sir and no sir. Gives me my ticked and thats that. I talk to my attourney, then call the cop so the citation is now ammended to statute 316.1925 reads like this

316.1925 Careless driving.--

(1) Any person operating a vehicle upon the streets or highways within the state shall drive the same in a careful and prudent manner, having regard for the width, grade, curves, corners, traffic, and all other attendant circumstances, so as not to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person. Failure to drive in such manner shall constitute careless driving and a violation of this section.

So who thinks i should be good in court?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fight.fight.fight.

first get an extension on the court date twice and then show up to the third date.the cop usually wont show and you get off.run that by your lawer.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Yes.... get 1-2 extentions then go to court

Whats the fine $?...
how will it affect your insurance?
1 or 2 points for reckless?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fight it. And if you win chances are that cop wont be so quick to hand out a ticket in that scenario again. Help yourself and help someone else.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:14 AM

Going to court won't effect that cop in any way shape or form unless he gets reprimanded for something... which isn't going to happen.

The ONLY reason to fight it is to get the fine/points reduced. Its not going to get thrown out, period. What you will probably be able to get is the ticket knocked down to a NON-moving violation, without points. Between the lawyer fee's and the court costs you'll still probably loose money with the lesser fine. But you're points won't go up and neither will your insurance.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Banned

Ya sad fact is cops can pretty do what they want with those little ticket books and as a citizen, theres little you can really do. Obviously by this incident its no lie that you do not have to be doing anything wrong to get cited. I am very honest with police when pulled over (believe it or not) and like 9 outta 10 times i tell them (if i was wrong) that i deserve any punishment they decide upon me. But this instance was total BS and that pork pig obviously had a chip on his shoulder and the punk kid comment seems more to me like profiling than his miserable and failed attempt at promoting traffic safety. I have a very clean driving record, no speeding tickets ever, and the one and only time i was busted was i was stuck behind a huge buss and couldnt see light, so i ran red light, cop gets me, but hell i deserved that one, shouldnt have been followin buss so closely. Just kinda amazing what a majority of cops have been reduced to, not sayin all are like that just that side of them. But hell, its great money for the city so no wonder they promote this shit, and yes this one has a very large likely hood of getting thrown out since my "Discovery" notion and his notes are just highly contradictory to his explanation to me and the cited law. But free beers when its trown out for everyone 21 and up, lol.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

But free beers when its trown out for everyone 21 and up, lol
Huh?

Why did your clutch pop out.