S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Beat a Mustang 5.0 and a Turbo Beetle Today

Old 03-10-2002, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beat a Mustang 5.0 and a Turbo Beetle Today

Beetle was first. I sped up to go around a slow truck and he was in the far lane. He buzzed around the other side of the truck and pulled into the middle lane next to me and we got caugt at a light. He revs, I rev, all is good. but darn it, some old lady makes a left on a yellow right into my lane. Red the other way, 2 seconds, Greeeeeen. We both take off but I can't get enough lead to cut into his lane safely, so I had to get off the gas, let him pull out, then swing behind him and into the other lane (moving left to right). Easily caught and passed him by 2 cars at about 100mph. We got caught at another light and he said his turbo wasn't working right or something. We went again, but shifting to second my hand slipped off the stick and I never got it into gear, so I let him go.

Same road 3 hours later and I'm in the car with the Wife and the mini, long-haired Doxie (Weiner dog; just adding this note so I can type "weiner" with impunity ). Anyway, sitting at a light and I take off, shifting 1, 2, and 3 right before vtec. 5oh speeds and pulls up next to me then slows to match speed. Oh man, I got a wife and a dog. Caught at the next light and he leaves and at 20 mph he gives two revs and takes off, but I let him go. Wife looks and says, "I think he wants to race you." Me: "are you sure, I didn't notice."

Caught at another light and me and the 5-oh are first in line. He has one passenger, but I couldn't see into his car as he was way over the white line. Light changes and he does the same rev, rev, punch it. But this time I punched it at the <exact> same time. We started with me about a half car back. Roll thru 1, and 2 and the wife is yelling don't race, don't race. But the dog barked twice, I'm sure he was yelling "take 'em! take 'em!" At least, that's what I heard. Anyway, no change in position all the way thru 1, 2, and beginning of three. Then I pulled up and just got my nose out in front doing 100 or so in forth. Had to lean over the dog and wife to give a thumbs up; the two guys were rolling/laughing. Guess they don't race ragtops with weiner dog co-pilots every day. BTW, it was a primer grey '92ish mustang, looked just like my college roomates.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:38 PM

That's a great story......It's so inspiring to think you put your wife, your pet, and the other car in jeopardy just because you got a hard-on to race someone. Get a life.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:15 AM

Gimme a break. A race from 20 to 100 in an open 55mph zone in the country wasn't putting anyones life in jeopardy. My wife was smiling, it's not like she was panicking or something. It was not sustained speeds of 100+. Takes about 12-15 seconds and back down to 58. You don't know me or how I drive. I haven't had a ticket or even been pulled over in 14 years. Can you say the same? I don't tailgate, I don't jump lanes, and I don't speed. I race occasionally, when and where it's safe (usually at a track). So before you judge me, get all the facts, and ask yourself if you've ever sped or raced.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sndstream
[B]That's a great story......It's so inspiring to think you put your wife, your pet, and the other car in jeopardy just because you got a hard-on to race someone.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:29 AM

Thanks KeithD. I feel Much better now. The is going away.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, stay off the "street encounter" forum if you dont want to read about "street encounters".

Nice races....
Old 03-11-2002, 06:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jvils
[B]Beetle was first.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:56 AM

Eventually one of you retards will get killed and maybe then wise up.......
Old 03-11-2002, 12:02 PM

Can you say the same? I don't tailgate, I don't jump lanes, and I don't speed. I race occasionally, when and where it's safe (usually at a track). So before you judge me, get all the facts, and ask yourself if you've ever sped or raced. So take your 3 posts and go away, troll.

Yea I think I can say the same....and yea I sped and raced, maybe when I was 16....The facts are what they are. You're flying down the road with passengers at 100+ on a public open road.....You never know what could come your way. I've only posted 3 times since I don't have much to say...For the most part the street forum consists of overpaid children with ego problems.......I race, on the track where it should be.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:43 PM

You're flying down the road with passengers at 100+ on a public open road.....You never know what could come your way. I've only posted 3 times since I don't have much to say...For the most part the street forum consists of overpaid children with ego problems.......I race, on the track where it should be.
Again, you don't know what you are talking about. I've raced 5 times in my whole life on public roads. All five times were on the same road at the same two lights. Guess what... No cross roads, no driveways, three lanes (two after the last light), wide shoulders, huge median, and little traffic. After the first light it's about 1 1/2 mile to the next one. Then 2 miles of open two lane road. Oh yeah, Florida also put wildlife underpasses and fences along the everglades roads where I am, so not even animals are a concern (they don't like when gators and panthers get run over). So that rules out about anything except vehicle or driver failure, which can happen at a track as easily as on a road.

Really, if street racing is not for you, don't come to this forum. No skin off my back if you want to take the "holier-than-thou" road. Just don't come here and call me retard, overpaid child, or egomaniac, and don't suggest I need to get a life. I'm not the one handing down judgements based on a single event in a stranger's life. I happen to be a very safe driver and I know 1st hand what can happen when people drive like idiots (I was a passenger in a bad wreck caused by another car). So I will Never put another person's life at risk.

Final note, I noticed you posted RN as your occupation. I am hoping some of this attitude stems from your experience with ER/CC/Triage work, which I could understand. If not, I wish you'd just go away. I don't need someone half a country away teaching me lessons on maturity.

Quick Reply: Beat a Mustang 5.0 and a Turbo Beetle Today