S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

another Z race

Old 10-21-2003, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another Z race

First, I think the Z forum basically says what we say in regards to "it's a drivers race"............. This is my first race worth posting.

Well, I was coming home today from work on the 202, and had a Z go by me and then he slowed down till we were even, gave me a , and speed up again. I was thinking "cool, got props from a Z" and just kept going. Well, I get off the Gilbert exit, and who do I see at the light waiting to make a left? Yep, the Z. We both make the left at the same time, and he kinda wants to show what he can do and makes the immediate right onto McDowell, and from what I saw, he knew how to drive. Well, I just let him go, knowing I would beat him. Well, he slows down enough to catch the light at Lindsay red to wait for me. (I am surprised there isn't any traffic, mind you it's only 1530) Well, I catch him at the light, and he says "very nice looking car, and I love your rims" and I said thanks and I love the Z. He said "lets run em" and I said politely, "no thanks" and we both take off. We are side by side the entire mile to the next light at ValVista. He said "you're not afraid of getting beat by my Z are you?" and my reply was "I will run you to 80 now, and at Greenfield if we catch that light red" and you could tell he was fired up. I was to on the inside. Well, we go, and I walked him like he was my dog. I finally slowed down but not enough to catch the light at Greenfield, but we both caught the light at Higley. His comment was "I was told that this woulda been a drivers race, but I had no chance. Does the exhaust really give you that much more power? He gave me another with a few honks, and off he went. I had a big smile the rest of the way home.

I think I am wrong for not telling him about the Comptech S/C that was installed last week, but I guess he really didn't hear it when he asked if I was afraid to get beat by his Z. Was I wrong for not telling him? I don't know, but I know he must of thought "how in the hell did that S2K just do that to me. It was the track model. Too bad we can't get the Volks and Brembros stock.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHHAHAH nice.. Z owners think they are the sh*T
Old 10-21-2003, 04:50 PM

ah, a s/c s2k and a stock z, what fair match! i would have had to mock you had you lost
Old 10-21-2003, 05:05 PM

Well, to jayhawkers credit, he did decline the invitation to race but the Z owner persisted and heckled.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:30 PM

You ever go to Z forums they always pick on the S like it is a stock civic.. Its great that you smoked him that bad and he didn't know you had a S/C. Many props bro
Old 10-21-2003, 07:02 PM

hey.. you tried to let him off easy but he had to start somthing. good kill!!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:46 PM

HMMMMmmmmmmm,
You OWE me BIG Jayhawker
Old 10-21-2003, 09:22 PM

Nice kill.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by Mr.Aqua
You ever go to Z forums they always pick on the S like it is a stock civic.. Its great that you smoked him that bad and he didn't know you had a S/C. Many props bro
I have to disagree. The majority of Z owners seem to be fans of the S2000, myself included. I sometimes wonder if I made the right choice. I like my Z for now.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:30 PM

They all have their pros and cons and are designed with slightly different intentions by the engineers. If all auto manufacturer engineers wanted to same thing and had the same methods of achieving those goals, we'd all be driving identical cars. What fun would that be?

Quick Reply: another Z race