S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

All the crazys are out tonight

Old 12-10-2002, 08:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my way to work... geez, don't even know where to start. First off, this is all true, I swear!!

I'm in my civic, on the freeway. There's a part where the freeway splits and the route I take goes to one lane. I get stuck behind this grand am with tinted windows, and a nice exhaust tip. (nice=sarcasm)

He's going 60 in a 65. As soon as it splits back to 2 lanes, I move to the left to pass, and he cuts me off. Ok. NO big deal. I move back to the right, and pass him without further incident. He stays back, but starts to pace me about 3 cars back. Don't forget he's there, cuz he'll come into play again.

I move into the left lane, and come upon a black grand prix and a jeep wrangler. The wrangler is in the right lane, being paced by the grand prix. These cars are also doing 60 in a 65. WTF. However, here's what is even more pathetic. The wrangler actually has to pass someone in the right lane who's going SLOWER than 60 in a 65. Now I see why they don't allow us to carry guns in this state. I'd have shot myself in the face of pure boredom.

After the wrangler makes his passing move, he cuts back into the right lane, and continues to be paced by the grand prix. I move into the right lane and pass the grand prix, squeezing by, and moving into the left lane. Ahhh, once again open freeway. Nope... here comes the grand prix on my right, with the grand am behind. The grand prix does somewhat of a fly by, then slows back down. However, the grand am now passes and moves in front of me. As the grand am and grand prix line up to go at it, I move in behind the grand prix. Everyone floors it, and is now more than willing to, dare I say it, go above 60 in a 65. I pass the grand am (he just got owned by a civic DX... how weak is that?) but the grand prix makes quick work of both of us. (i do believe I saw a GTP badge on the side) The grand prix is long gone, and I'm once again well ahead of the grand am.

My exit is nearing, but alas, I come upon two more cars blocking the freeway like two fatties at a buffet. In the left lane is an old ass rusted out toyota pickup. It's lowered. And on chrome rims. And it's rusted. Did I mention it's rusted? In the right lane is an old minivan with no back window. In place of a window, it has lots of duct tape and plastic. Reluctantly, I get behind the minivan so I can take my exit.

The minivan exits the same place I do. At the end of the offramp, the minivan stops at the stop sign. He then goes straight. Onto the onramp. To get back on the freeway, going the same direction he was just traveling. WTF.

All the crazies are out tonight. Everyone stay at home and protect your loved ones.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one thing that pisses me off the most: When two cars sit right next to each other, going slower than the limit.

Then they wonder why I felt the need to downshift and VTEC past them... lol.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

grand am, grand prix, grand am, grand prix....... What a crazy night
Old 12-11-2002, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

must 've been a "grand" night for you
Old 12-11-2002, 08:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol. the jokes only get worse from here on in.....