S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

9pm then it happened

Old 08-24-2002, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so at nine pm i make the call to the other guy... i tell him to meet me at a local 24hr mexican resturant... from there we go down to this street banning and some other street...... they immediatly pull up to the stop sign where they were gonna start from... i put 150 bucks on the line.. because i knew my brother would win....i have faith in his car and his driving skill..the other guy's car was completely stripped... nothing but a black rollcage and metal.... inside his rear window was a taped timeslip of a 10.98@??..... i freaked out...
i walked up to my brother and said "dude you better run your best because if you dont im out 150 bux... this money is for you x pipe now win IT!!!"..... he has been practicing his launches all day.. and said he was prepared.... i remind both of them.... "REMEMBER THIS IS 1 RACE AND ONLY 1 RACE... IF YOU MISS A SHIFT OR ANYTHING ELSE HAPPENS TOO BAD SO SAD... YOU LOST" the other guy's friend wanted to flag it... so he walks out in between the cars... lifts his hands... holds them there for what seems like eternity.. im pretty sure he did it just to freak my brother out because i saw a single drop of sweat drip down the side of his head.... he drops his arms and they are off....
the civic was running khumo drag radials or something (i dont know who made that radials im pretty sure it was khumo but not positive.) my brother jumped out maybe half a car length becase the civic burn a little bit through first so did my brother but not as much... my brother shifted into second and he pulled a full length on the civic... then the civic shifts and pulls right next to my brother... my brother shifts into third then the civic does... the civic pulls another half a car length.. then i see brake lights.... this is way before the mark where we said the race would end... a sigh of relief for my..
my brother drives back and tells me to call a tow truck.... they guy blew a turbo seal or something and i guess he lost pressure and his car stalled and it wouldnt start... i called AAA for the guy.... waited till they came... collected my 150 bucks and a shake of hands and left.... the guy says " F U C K your car is pretty fast man i didnt know they were THAT fast..... but i had you.. you knew i had you huh" my brother nods and says "yeah man you pulled on me at the end but we will never know.." they both laugh and give another handshake and we left....

shit man his car was fast.. i thought he would have much worse traction than he did... i hear he runs mid 11's on drag radials so... we went out there and gave it our best.. my brother ran really well but that civic is just amazingly fast... i know i would have been out that money if he didnt blow a seal... i guess it was a MIRACLE...... =)
Old 08-24-2002, 07:35 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

What the hell was your brother driving??
Old 08-24-2002, 11:38 AM

03 cobra
Old 08-24-2002, 11:53 AM

So what happened with the bet?
Old 08-24-2002, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by 2k1gt [/i]
03 cobra
They came out already?
Old 08-24-2002, 12:17 PM