S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

47degrees + top down=idiots want to race?

Old 02-07-2002, 01:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 47degrees + top down=idiots want to race?

Well it hit 47 degrees here in Wisconsin today, so you bet, that top went down. First I get some guy in a volkswagon something or another. (some kind of hatch.... who cares) He comes racing up behind me on a two lane road, moves into the left lane, and then flies by me. whatever. But then he gets stopped and so I'm thinking sure, let's go. so, the light turns and... well come on folks, it's a volkswagon. So... then some chick in a sunfire... yes, you heard me right... a sunfire. (she must have a boyfriend with a "torquey" grand am. She's on my a$$ and so she goes around me, and I just give it and blow by everyone. By that time I was getting irritated. So that's my story.

Oh yeah, and just to be sure, I checked to make sure no one put a "idiots please race me" bumper sticker on my bumper while I wasn't looking.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take it you never try to race a ferrari, porsche, supra etc? just to see how your car runs? I find it odd that alot of car owners call drivers with slower cars "idiots" when they want to race but they'll just as easily go and try to race a ferrari.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Actually I have raced several Ferraris and won.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:50 PM

This has happened to me alot latly as well. I think the hobby has grown so much the last few years that there are just more people who watched F&tF. I have been breaking my motor in and working out bugs the last 10days and I get hasslled so much and it is really iratating whne you can't swat them away. I have had 2 dudes actually folllow me home and when I pull in my drive they pull uturns and race off.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:06 PM

Dude go from 6gr to 4gr and smoke'em I lived 'in Rienlander for eight years and 47degrees is hot weather "10 months of winter and two months of bad snow sleding". Stay away from the twin turbo supras and porches trust me I found out the hard way,But flex what you got the S2 will suprise you!
Old 02-07-2002, 08:40 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, just because you have an S2000 doesnt mean you own the fastest car in the world!
My GTi is actually just as fast as my S2000. Some cars will give you a good race, so just be humble about who tries to race you on the road and have fun!
Old 02-07-2002, 09:07 PM

4igs2000-Very true.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I know I dont have the fastest car in the world. And I'm not going to try to race a C5, or a Z06, or a ferrari modena. I'm not that idiotic. but i will race cars that are close to me or slower. If someone wants to play, i'm game. but come on. a sunfire??
Old 02-07-2002, 11:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dude, if u race, u should race anything from a neon to a corvette

racing is about more than just winning; its about the rush

whethere to race or not, thats another issue
Old 02-08-2002, 06:58 AM

if you want to race, RACE, if you don't want to, DON'T....how hard is that to figure out? If a Sunfire wants to race me, I will race him and try to beat him by 7 cars or more....if an old M3 wants to race me, it's on....and I will give him the race of his life and I will try to beat him.....if I race a Viper GTS, I will try to stay as close to him as I can....making sure he does not gain any more than 10 bus lengths per gear....get my drift

Quick Reply: 47degrees + top down=idiots want to race?