S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

300zx Vs. S2K

Old 10-06-2001, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by always_laughing

Haha. Those are the manufacturer's numbers and they confirm my real World experience as well.

Car and Driver got similar results.

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddrive...est_current.xml

"We clocked the Turbo automatic to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds and through the quarter mile in 12.6 seconds at 112 mph. That's only 0.3 second slower than the manual 911 Turbo we tested last September, although the gap does increase at higher speeds"

It cracks me up when bench racers argue with folks that have actually driven with/against the cars in question.

Exactly.

The main reason why drag racers like automatics is because it takes less skill to run an automatic car.

Manuals are faster, period.
Old 10-06-2001, 04:30 PM

NO CONTEST. My del sol ripped apart a non turbo auto z. Those things are way to heavy. Your s will take his car apart piece by piece. If he is a twin turbo itll be a tough race but I think he may win. But then again.

good luck, youll have no problem
Old 10-06-2001, 04:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KleeftonSi
[B]

Exactly.
Old 10-06-2001, 04:47 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Del Sol VTEC
[B]NO CONTEST.
Old 10-06-2001, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by infinitebass
SteamyZ, its not the same thing? But if an automatic is slower than a manual 0-60, then would it not be slower at an even longer distance?
Not true either. Your the most stubord un-educated bunch I have yet to run into out there.

Your coment depends on the gear rations or both transmissions. HELLO! Get me....or do I have to break it down for you?

This thread bores me...
Old 10-06-2001, 04:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SteAmyZ (ZtoyZ.
[B]

LOL - oh ok....well if thats what you want to beleive be my guest.
Old 10-06-2001, 05:02 PM

[B]

Not true either.
Old 10-06-2001, 05:07 PM

[B]

Not true either.
Old 10-06-2001, 06:03 PM

Man, I didn't even see this tread:
TO: all the Z owners posting in this thread.
Listen: The Z is the poorest(performance wise) in the so called Jap's big 4 (supraTT/vr4/rx7TT/300zxTT)*excluding the nsx due to the high price). And when you start talking about mods(performance upgrades) you don't even stand a chance against the other three, your MOTOR SUCK, not willing to put up against much hp in stock form. I don't have to give you the numbers do I?

firesauce300zx

to youngs2k and the guy with the rap fool for his pic,

think about it, most stock 90-96 300zxs will have at least 50k miles, how can you compare that to cars that just came out off the line ? a stock TT with very low miles will beat a s2000, why dont you get an s2000 to about 100k miles and race a N/A 300zx ? then see how much stock matters.... most good Z owners mod their cars... until you race a stock 90+TT manual with the same miles as your s2000 you cant compare.

This is an extremely smart conception. So what you're saying? Your high mileges z can't compete? If you're smart enough to make a comparison like that, then i'll bring up a point that the S2000 is N/A(as of not force-inducted). Can't even imagine why someone brought up such a point.
rich kids getting s2000's right off the lot, haha.

It's not my fault that I own a S2000.

Some guy in here mentioned that the Z interior is in the same class as the NSX or somewhere near there. You SIR, you need to stop sniffing whatever it is that you're sniffing, it's killing your brain oh so fast. The interior look like an OLD model gran am GT, all the buttons/control clustered up right in front/around the steering wheel.
For the Z owner that stated that i've know nothing and get off the junk yard ect... I owned a 91 red 300zx turbo 2 years ago, with 63K on the odo. Toss it out of my garage 2 months later, with 65K on the odo. Why, i bought the SUPERCAR and have to replace 4 fuel injectors 2 weeks later. All the electrical in the car is screw up, gauges not functioning right, brake light doesn't work(not the light bulb), and so on. So i'm speaking to YOU owners from personal experience. To back up my conclusion that the 300z have bad fuel injector, i've known two friends that has to replace their fuel injector by the time it reached around 60K, one N/A one TT, and both needed 3+ injectors.
I've never loose to a stock TT before, so all you smack talker, bring your stock fair lady z and we can lay down some smack. I raced two lightly modded Z and smokes them (it's not my fault that z owner can't drive, if that what you're thinking).
Old 10-06-2001, 06:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by YoungS2K
[B]Man, I didn't even see this tread:
TO: all the Z owners posting in this thread.
Listen:

Quick Reply: 300zx Vs. S2K