S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

2004 M3 vs 03 SVT Cobra

Old 12-11-2004, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love cobra's i think they are one of the best things in the world. but i would never own one just because the interior looks like plastic.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by azndrunkyoon,Dec 11 2004, 07:17 AM
i love cobra's i think they are one of the best things in the world. but i would never own one just because the interior looks like plastic.
Thats why I had to have an anniversary edition. These are the only ones with two toned seats. Makes the interior look better

Old 12-11-2004, 03:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WS6- 03+ Cobra's are one of the domestics I actually like. That's a sweet looking Cobra.

This thread is 6-7 months old, as was the encounter.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:25 PM

Here are a couple pics of my ride.

My car is in the shop right now, I had unfortunate accident, my car is being repaired.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:51 PM

oh i meant dash look ugly
Old 12-11-2004, 03:55 PM

Here's a pic of my dash... interior in my 04 M3 is one of the things I love most about it. Tach lights up at 4500rpms and pulls hard to redline. Not as hard the 03 + Cobra though.

Old 12-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by under-rated,Dec 11 2004, 06:55 PM

what is that - plastic in there? I dunno, but it sure looks like a field of plastic to me I like M3s, but the interior turns me off every time Seriously, there are too many idiot lights and not enough gauges for a car like that.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:57 PM

Yeah, in this pic, my trim was plastic... it didn't look bad at all.

Once I get my car back from the shop, my trim will be aluminum. Aluminum is much nicer. As far as the aesthetic bullsh!t! looks are subjective, whatever, everything right where it should be, just the way I like it.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Banned

One thing that always gets me is when people knock the interior of a performance car like the Mustang or Corvette. There is a very good reason why it is what it is. I prefer a few simple climate control knobs to a complicated electronic system. Spend the money on the drivetrain, not on the interior dress-up pieces. I can always cover the dash in leather and swap out the seats if I like the car, but a slow car with a fancy interior just turns me off. The M3 is a nice luxury coupe with stellar performance. The interior ought to be nice, because that kind of performance can be had for much less from other makes, if that's what you wanted. BMW doesn't sell cars based on pure performance, and Ford and Chevy don't sell performance cars based on pure luxury. Trying to knock the M3 because a Cobra is faster is senseless, much like knocking the Mustang because the interior isn't designed to impress.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by no_really,Dec 12 2004, 01:29 AM
One thing that always gets me is when people knock the interior of a performance car like the Mustang or Corvette. There is a very good reason why it is what it is. I prefer a few simple climate control knobs to a complicated electronic system. Spend the money on the drivetrain, not on the interior dress-up pieces. I can always cover the dash in leather and swap out the seats if I like the car, but a slow car with a fancy interior just turns me off. The M3 is a nice luxury coupe with stellar performance. The interior ought to be nice, because that kind of performance can be had for much less from other makes, if that's what you wanted. BMW doesn't sell cars based on pure performance, and Ford and Chevy don't sell performance cars based on pure luxury. Trying to knock the M3 because a Cobra is faster is senseless, much like knocking the Mustang because the interior isn't designed to impress.
Thats because Ford and Chevy make cheap sport cars. If they would dress up the interior they would have to charger more. And they would be shit out of luck trying to sell the Vette or Mustang for more money. I would never own an American sport car. I don't care how fast they are.... Well The Gt40 is an exception.

Quick Reply: 2004 M3 vs 03 SVT Cobra