S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????

Old 07-16-2002, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty irrelevant would'nt you say?
Not as irrelevant as comparing one car against another, when ultimately, the driver makes the outcome on cars so evenly matched. However...

I will submit that it was kinda sad to see the M leaning so bad on the sweeper. Though I had travelled the whole course to catch him, if he hadn't been so scared of his suspension, he may have been able to be at least within 15 MPH of my exit speed and possibly manage to hold me off like an ultimate driving machine instead of a fish out of water.

Its the driver, and their courage, not the badge on the hood.

IMHO, BMW is just a Nissan Sentra with a German hood badge.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:52 PM

Johnny...heres one for you.

me in my *weak* E36 m3 coupe on the short track at jeff cicuit: 0:59.35
me in my cute s2000 on the same track: 1:02.67

that's more than three seconds. i must say most of this difference is from the torque advantage of the m3 as well as the signficantly superior brakes. honda really did skimp on these brakes.

own one, drive one to the track (8 hours one way is my longest so far), eat 90% of the cars out there in the "advanced" group, and drive it home, and you'll realize why the bmw is more than a sentra with a german badge. both are better than each other only in certain aspects, but if i had ot have only one, i'm sorry but the m3 is the better overall car.

bassem
Old 07-16-2002, 01:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not as irrelevant as comparing one car against another, when ultimately, the driver makes the outcome on cars so evenly matched.
Same driver, both cars, M first.

I will submit that it was kinda sad to see the M leaning so bad on the sweeper.
Rear sway bar must have been popped out (common issue). Stock for stoch the M has much less body roll when compared to the S. In fact body roll and high center of gravity are my two largest S2000 gripes.

IMHO, BMW is just a Nissan Sentra with a German hood badge.
Not sure what that is supposed to mean. But if you can point me to the 333hp RWD 5 person sedan or 400hp 5 person sedan from Nissan -- or for that matter Honda, I would be appreciative.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm sorry but the m3 is the better overall car.
Confused, thought we were all talking about the M coupe, not the M3.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:57 PM

Nice work Bassem.

I was hoping for more flames for the sentra crack, I thought long and hard to com up with that one!

No doubt the e36 rox. It ought to, how much more did it cost?

Bang for the buck S2000, hands down. Agree?

Courage > Car Agree?

<salute>
Old 07-16-2002, 02:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ///M
[B]I've seen seen several
Old 07-16-2002, 06:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by integrate
[B]

I believe that was a Euro Spec M Roadster.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:40 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I have to say is s2000 (MSRP) 32,800
M roadster (MSRP) 46,635.
Z3 (base) 31,945
that leaves me roughly $14,000.

If Honda had a sportscar they charged 46,635 for you can bet it would beat the HELL out of a M roadster.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:33 PM

You're right. Honda doesn't sell a $46,635 sports car. But they sell a $89,765 one. And it can be outrun by the $46,635 BMW.

Let's try to leave price out of it -- it just turns into a pissing contest (Miata vs. S2000 arguments come to mind). Yes, it's a factor when you decide which car to buy, but we're talking about Street Encounters here. No one has window stickers on the street. The S2000 is an excellent value, as are many other cars, but I don't think that's the topic at hand.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:18 AM

Sorry guys, I don't know why I kept saying "M3 coupe." What I meant was "M coupe" and it is the one with 315bhp. I uploaded that Best Motoring video and two others. It will take forever to download if you have a dial up connection. I included a description of each video and how big the file size is. Enjoy!

246MB: 5/99 - Tsukuba battle: Evo VI, RX-7 Type R, Skyline GT-R, NSX Type-S, WRX STi Ver. V. also many other tests and driver opinions about those cars. Tsukuba battle: RS Evo VI, RX-7 Type RS, Skyline GT-R V-Spec, NSX Type-S, NSX Type-S Zero, WRX Type RA STi. then a whole bunch of young students learning race techniques with their own cars.

291MB: 6/99 - European S2000 test drive. Fisco high speed competition and Tsukuba battle: all the Japanese sports cars listed above, plus Ferrari F355 w/ Tubi exhaust, and BMW M Coupe. Toyota GT-1 race car test drive.

297MB:
6/00 - testing and Tsukuba battle of basically all the Japanese sports car out there (all listed above, including various Silvias, Integras, and Supras). Tsukuba battle of classic supercars: Lamborghini Countach, Lamborghini Dino, Porsche 911 RS, classic Ferraris, Lotus Europa, Pantera.

Quick Reply: 2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????