S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????

Old 07-14-2002, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen seen several "best motoring" type japanese clips, including the one where the Mcoupe was drgging ass. if you take a look at the shot where you see the interior of the Mcoupe driver you can see that he doesn't have the traction control turned off, big difference with it on/off. Doesn' surprise me that they left it on, most Japanese imports don't have that option - just my observation.

I also saw one where a M roadster beat out an NSX, which is strange because if there's onething you can ususally count on froma japanese video, it's that the NSX always wins

Wisconsin S2k, July 23rd - 26 is the earliest I could make it, I'll be leaving town forthe weekend on friday

yes, I think we sould go with miller products - otherwise the milwaukee beer patrol might hand us both tickets! lol
Old 07-14-2002, 11:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me check and see when they have open racing and i'll throw another date/time your way.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by DavidM
I can gladly upload the video to a FTP if you guys want.

Pouya, can you uplad it ... I'm interested in seeing it.
Sure, give me the FTP information to upload to. The DIVX is one hour long though, it is a complete volume - not just the clip of one race like usual.
Old 07-14-2002, 03:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone seen that Best Motoring video where they had a F355 representing Italy and a M3 coupe representing Germany race some of the usual Japanese sports cars at a track. Not only did the M3 coupe come in last by a long shot, but they kept complaining how the car was too slow for the amount of horsepower it had, the chassis was "weak", etc... Just trying to thrown in a dose of reality so some BMW owners. I can gladly upload the video to a FTP if you guys want.
M3 coupe or M coupe? Different cars.

As long as we are on the best motoring band wagon, why not show the one where the M roadster (a more flexy and less track capable varient of the M coupe) bests an NSX and an S2000 around the track.

Best motoring is not by a long shot reality.
Old 07-14-2002, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love all m's ..240 320 whatever....coupe ..convert...sedan ...big sedan they are great cars. they look good have good performance. to expensive for me .....i love the "s" ....i love my "s"
Have some respect...m power i love reading your post....great respect for all performance cars...///M ya got are goats going apology accepted.......p.s......What color ya got...oh by the way i'll take two loafs of french bread and two sour dough rolls.....you're the guy how drives the bread van right!
Old 07-15-2002, 05:33 AM

Sure, give me the FTP information to upload to. The DIVX is one hour long though, it is a complete volume - not just the clip of one race like usual.

Sounds great ... I'll see what I can organize, give me a day or so. btw, how big is it (so I know how much space I need)?
Old 07-15-2002, 07:48 AM

Originally posted by Pouya
Has anyone seen that Best Motoring video where they had a F355 representing Italy and a M3 coupe representing Germany race some of the usual Japanese sports cars at a track. Not only did the M3 coupe come in last by a long shot, but they kept complaining how the car was too slow for the amount of horsepower it had, the chassis was "weak", etc... Just trying to thrown in a dose of reality so some BMW owners. I can gladly upload the video to a FTP if you guys want.
What, a Japanese car show where Japanese cars are praised and all other makes are marginalized? Naaaahhh, that never happens. I mean, we can all accept total and complete objectivity from the country that brings us a racing series where Lambos and BigMacs (F1s) are classed with Supras and Skylines right?

Given a F355 dates the video to the late 90s, I bet the M3 in the video was a non-US spec 321 PS E36. Two words for that car: grossly undergeared.

-Apex
Old 07-16-2002, 03:47 AM

Here's an FTP, my own:

ftp://raymond:raymond@dawgpound.dyndns.org

use that account to upload/download
*edit* I took away access except to my Upload folder so that I don't get in trouble for all my Movies, Games, Apps, etc. lol... looking forward to this video btw... the jap one...

Old 07-16-2002, 11:39 AM

My experience with a M on the track?

Lapped him. Buttonwillow Raceway.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My experience with a M on the track? Lapped him. Buttonwillow Raceway.
Pretty irrelevant would'nt you say? I mean -- I have lapped every S2000 I have run with in my ITR out at Pacific Raceways, none have even been close. I have also lapped Z06's in my M coupe out at Second Creek. In both cases I know which car was the faster car.....

Quick Reply: 2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????