S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????

Old 07-12-2002, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

///M's car appears to be a '99/'00 (S52) M Coupe. There are very few distinguishing features between the one with the old engine and the new engine, but one of them is clearly visible in the picture -- the flat ///M badge. The newer badges are curved. So for you S2000 drivers: if you see the flat badge (both on the gills on the side and the rear), floor it! You should be able to give it a run for its money. As for the newer engines, you might be able to take the driver in the twisties. The newer suspension should help out substantially. Despite my power advantage, I've been humbled in my '01 M Shoe at the local autocross by S2000 drivers with more experience even though my car is considered to be more capable. In a straight line, the S54 should be able to win.

However, we don't really know if ///M's car is modified or not. Being the older engine, there's a LOT of stuff that can be done with it. A supercharger could easily put it in the 400s to the rear wheel. It's unlikely, but I've seen some very powerful setups using that engine. Here's an amazing turbocharged M Coupe: http://www.activeautowerke.com/cars/TurboMZ3/index.asp. So do you have any modifications, ///M?

And, yes, nHobbes, the car is considered ugly -- by a lot of people. The car has an incredibly controversial and dichotomizing design, which I happen to love. Some people hate it and will tell me so (some girl told someone on another board his car looked like a d_ck), though I've never really heard anyone tell me on the street. Some people love it and will tell me all the time when I'm around town. But either way, it's something that most people look at twice.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by chazzy
///
And, yes, nHobbes, the car is considered ugly -- by a lot of people. The car has an incredibly controversial and dichotomizing design, which I happen to love. Some people hate it and will tell me so (some girl told someone on another board his car looked like a d_ck), though I've never really heard anyone tell me on the street. Some people love it and will tell me all the time when I'm around town. But either way, it's something that most people look at twice.
Chazzy....first of all, i must apologize if i sounded a bit pissy when i gave my opinion concerning the look of the car. i can only say that the originator of this thread annoyed me. i realized after i posted, that i should not have let his remarks influence me. i really dislike pompous, immature people attempting to make themselves feel like they're better than another person, based on their personal possessions. that was the impression i got and i reacted badly.

yes, i personally think that the M coupe could have been designed to be a bit more aesthetically pleasing, but of course, that is in the eye of the beholder. i'm sure there are many out there that think i'm wrong. who can argue over personal tastes? no one....to all their own. i'm sure you love your M as much as i love my S (so many letters...). as long as we're all happy right? actually, i hope to be able to drive one of those bad boys soon (only problem, no one i know has one )!!
Old 07-12-2002, 09:51 AM

Ha ha ... no worries! I've had people look at pictures of the car, wrinkle their face, and say "WTF is that?" So it's all good. I can understand getting irritated at other people jumping on the board and looking to cause a ruckus. I'm happy with my car and you're happy with yours!

I read the thread over again and I think Wisconsin should just answer the call out. A six pack should be the booty and a detailed report for the rest of us.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:55 AM

Ha ha ... no worries! I've had people look at pictures of the car, wrinkle their face, and say "WTF is that?" So it's all good. I can understand getting irritated at other people jumping on the board and looking to cause a ruckus. I'm happy with my car and you're happy with yours!

I read the thread over again and I think Wisconsin should just answer the call out. A six pack should be the booty and a detailed report for the rest of us.
mmmmmmmm....beer! beer always makes everything worthwhile! detailed report, yes...but after the beer!

OH....it's 2pm...i'm getting outta here early, it's TOO nice here today. enough work...time for play! take care and have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-12-2002, 10:41 AM

///M's car appears to be a '99/'00 (S52) M Coupe. There are very few distinguishing features between the one with the old engine and the new engine, but one of them is clearly visible in the picture -- the flat ///M badge. The newer badges are curved. So for you S2000 drivers: if you see the flat badge (both on the gills on the side and the rear), floor it! You should be able to give it a run for its money. As for the newer engines, you might be able to take the driver in the twisties. The newer suspension should help out substantially. Despite my power advantage, I've been humbled in my '01 M Shoe at the local autocross by S2000 drivers with more experience even though my car is considered to be more capable. In a straight line, the S54 should be able to win.

However, we don't really know if ///M's car is modified or not. Being the older engine, there's a LOT of stuff that can be done with it. A supercharger could easily put it in the 400s to the rear wheel. It's unlikely, but I've seen some very powerful setups using that engine. Here's an amazing turbocharged M Coupe: http://www.activeautowerke.com/cars/TurboMZ3/index.asp. So do you have any modifications, ///M?

Hey, lets keep that penis comment internal amongst z3 owners okay?

Last thing I need is to drive around and someone to spot me and tell me, "Hey dick!" LOL

Old 07-12-2002, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by Daveg27
Guys, I think ///M's post was just a little friendly ball busting. Nothing to get upset about.

That's exactly right - I was just baiting ya guys a little. Some of you swallowed it hook like and sinker!

I only posted here because I read the a few of Wisconsin S2k's posts - 'kill stories' just make me giggle sometimes, I had to throw *something* out there just for laughs! He's made quite a few claims and if he ever wants to go down to Great Lakes Dragway it would make for a fun evening. It's my humble opinion that if someone actually pulled off a 13.7XX quarter mile in an S2000 you would think they would save the time slip eh? Beating people of the 'street' is pretty subjective. Trash talking is.......well........ just that, trash.

S4_dukar, I commend you on your power of observations! good pickup on the flat ///M badge, very few would notice that minor detail.

Yes, my car has the S52 engine, and it may squeek out an S2000 on paper, but we all know it comes down to driver when it's that close - that's what makes these cars fun.

have fun guys, stay safe, and enjoy the top down weather!
Old 07-12-2002, 01:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ///M
[B]

That's exactly right - I was just baiting ya guys a little. Some of you swallowed it hook like and sinker!

I only posted here because I read the a few of Wisconsin S2k's posts - 'kill stories' just make me giggle sometimes, I had to throw *something* out there just for laughs!
Old 07-12-2002, 01:52 PM

Good luck to both of you, if you guys decide to run. I think wisconsin s2k might need tad more Keep it safe.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ///M
[B]hard to find a real race here in milwaukee. Luckily there's usually an S2000 owner lurking around trying to get a "jump" on me. I love the look in thier eye when they realize they bit off WAY more than they can chew.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:41 PM

I don't know about u guys but I want Wisconsin to race this guy. Perfect way for him to win some legitimacy . I just have trouble believing all his kill stories.

Sorry Wisconsin.

Quick Reply: 2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????