S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????

Old 07-17-2002, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I like to see is "S4_Dukar" with his S54 M Coupe street race against JohnnyCat's S2000.
I want to see if his "balls" can overcome 70+ hp and 100 tq difference
I don't street race. The S is not a dragster, and I will never drive it that way.

When I refer to balls, I am saying that on the twisties, a driver's skill, courage, and intent to win plays a part in which car is best. You're going to need alot more than 70+ hp and 100lbs torque to overcome me (possibly) being a better driver.

I'll take yer buddy on in the twisties any day. I believe that the S2000 driven well can overcome brute power. Actually, I've seen it and done it. If I am beat, I complement the driver, then the car. I prefer not to be powerless, and will offer the same right to my opponent.

I have enormous respect for the M series vehicle, and the other performance vehicles for that matter. Quoting specs and spouting off doesn't prove a damn thing.

Its the driver, now call up your SD buddies and tell them there's a S punk out there that'll race them for time on Palomar Mt. May the best MAN win.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:14 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ///M
[B]hard to find a real race here in milwaukee. Luckily there's usually an S2000 owner lurking around trying to get a "jump" on me. I love the look in thier eye when they realize they bit off WAY more than they can chew.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:49 AM

JohnnyCat: Why don't you answer to this thread.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=71047

He probably don't want to run you unless you are SCed or Turbo Charged. But tell him that you are a great enough driver to overcome the power difference and you are really sure of it. He may give you a chance.
Meanwhile, if someone in a M stops right next to you at a signal, gives a rev and starts to laugh, be sure to say "my car isn't a drag car" and bail out of there as quietly as you can. Now, that is "balls" you are talking about, right?
Old 07-17-2002, 11:59 AM

D00d, D00d, D00d...

I'm running out of ways of telling you that I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT STRAIGHTLINE DRIVING!

There's no doubt in my mind the M will go faster when the pedal is mashed.

Try turning left and right, and determining whether or not you can take that inside cliff turn at 90... suddenly, *gasp* the driver is involved (that's us in case you haven't noticed). This is the moment when the car is secondary and will to win is primary. I'll go against anyone in this situation and graciously accept defeat or victory.

sheesh, I'm getting the feeling that you are playing stupid. Please tell me you're playing stupid because you like getting this kind of reaction.

Do I need to define my "balls" comment again? I've done it twice, but you insist on remaining ignorant. C'mon man, if you can afford a M, you gotta be edumacated a little bit. Put it to use!
Old 07-17-2002, 12:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

car is secondary and will to win is primary.
Pinto versus Ferrari this argument still makes sense?

Are we talking about driving like this on public roads? I don't think many of us here feel we have anything worth proving that will risk not only our lives but the innocent lives of those around us on public roads.......

BTW you can have all the "will to win" in the world, but on the track all that will do is send you off into the weeds if you don't know how to drive first.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:56 PM

The post that started this thread reminded me of an old joke, modified for our visitor.

"What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?"

Anyone care to guess the punchline?
Old 07-17-2002, 12:59 PM

Talking about your weak spot hurt you pretty bad, huh?
No need to prove yourself by personal attack, although, you don't seem to know any other way to efficiently express yourself.
Different perception of "guts" (to use different term). I would say, if you put your tail between your legs and hide away when lined up against a faster car at a light is gutless. I am sure there are many people here who will choose otherwise just for the fun of it.

Your definition of "gut" only lives in curves. That is wise move, since S2000 is known to handle very well on curves. I would love to run you on any condition (curves, straight, rain, snow, sunny, etc). Too bad for me to live so far away, and lucky for you to run your mouth without any worries.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:08 PM

Pinto versus Ferrari this argument still makes sense?
Yeah Steve, agreed. A few posts ago, I mentioned that the cars needed to be somewhat equal.

I also added will to win with skill a few posts ago.

I'm talking about back mountain roads that are hardly populated. The only people risking getting hurt are the drivers for the most part.

MPower, I don't race from stop lights. If you want details, my sister was killed by street racers. Thank you, but I won't do that to someone else. Deserted roads and track, I'll take on anyone and anything and be glad for the experience, win or lose. Perhaps I've already said that?

As far as running my mouth without any worries, I have already told you to find a M buddy in SD and tell him I'll run him. I'm not worried- it'll be fun.

If "running my mouth without any worries" was a physical threat, well, then again, you're a moron. Or at least your posts would suggest that.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:01 PM

I'm sorry I read this post and will be punishing myself for reading the whole thing. This board needs and excrement icon in the "Smilies" section
Old 07-17-2002, 03:09 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BDMonk
[B]I'm sorry I read this post and will be punishing myself for reading the whole thing.

Quick Reply: 2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????