S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????

Old 07-11-2002, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????

hard to find a real race here in milwaukee. Luckily there's usually an S2000 owner lurking around trying to get a "jump" on me. I love the look in thier eye when they realize they bit off WAY more than they can chew.

Am I calling out Wisconsin S2K you bet I am!

Old 07-12-2002, 12:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-12-2002, 12:14 AM

Ahhahah.. You know to be honest, a lot of S2000 owners don't know how to drive the car to it's fullest potential. I took my car to the track about 2 weeks ago and boy was I embarrassed by the times they were running. I ran a 14.3 in stock trim with a 2.3 60foot which means that if I improve that I should be able to run 14.0 flat. But anyhow, I use to have a E36 M3 and that car is a monster. You don't really have to know how to launch in that car. It just goes. If you run into a person who knows how to drive n launch the s2k then you'll get a run for your money. But otherwise you should kick ass. s2k's aren't slow, it's just the drivers. Whenever you are in the San Jose area, I'll be happy to show you how close ur car and a s2k is. In the mean time, take care n drive safely
Old 07-12-2002, 12:40 AM

I'm always safe - only really push it at the track =)

14.3 in your S2k is a good time, what kind tires did you have on at the time? if your original run was on street tires ya might squeek out just under 14 with some hoosiers....... just head to the drag strip after a relaxing day at the autoX =)

I'm positive that the S2000 would crave some very pretty lines around a circuit - M coupe would get a nose or two ahead, but ever see an M coupe driver after a couple of laps?

Think "Tweak" from southpark..........
Old 07-12-2002, 02:02 AM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehe you ///M drivers are too cocky sometimes. Take your car out on the track and lets see who has balls. I raced a ///M shoe.. i mean ///M coupe on a banked freeway on ramp.. we were gunning it at 100 when we approached the on ramp to another freeway... well basically i was on the outside and the ///M was on the inside... end of story is i end up passing him on the outside at a 115 and he seemed to have backed off... Guess those ///M shoes have more power than traction
Old 07-12-2002, 02:19 AM

good grief ///M, is there a reason you had to post a pic in your sig the FULL size of the freaking screen (compensation of some sort)? then come into an S2000 board and one of the first things you say is that our cars are slow. it's not the fastest, but hey, speed isn't everything. IMHO, i'd much rather drive a "slower" car than be in one that i thought was FUGLY (in case you dont' know what fugly means....FCKING UGLY). dude, you have some serious problems.....or did you just forget to take your medication today????
Old 07-12-2002, 03:01 AM
cbj

OMG- you mean my car could be slower than an M Coupe? A car that could have 75hp more than me? I think I'll just go sit in a corner and cry. On second thought I think I'll put the stop down and go for a nice drive in mountains, like a few runs on the Dragon. Seriously, ///M if you don't have anything better to do than go and troll around other car forums at two in the morning, then you need to get a life. ASAP
Old 07-12-2002, 04:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ///M
[B]hard to find a real race here in milwaukee. Luckily there's usually an S2000 owner lurking around trying to get a "jump" on me. I love the look in thier eye when they realize they bit off WAY more than they can chew.

Am I calling out Wisconsin S2K you bet I am!

I must commend you on your first post on this board!

I can tell that you will make MANY new friends here if you keep up this sort of attitude...

Please do us all a favor and either act mature or get the #UCK OUT and leave!
Old 07-12-2002, 04:55 AM

From a fellow M car driver, your first post here is a disgrace to other car enthusiasts...
I hope your M is not S52? If it is, I will have to laugh.

Our cars are fast but not that fast. If you have S54 (new engine just like mine), there is no real mods available yet.
That means, if you are stock, you will run 12.7-12.9 at your best. Fast but not fast enough to make such statement as yours.
I got pretty much all performance mods that is available now (getting 3.46 next week) but I know I will have a good run with either SC'ed or Turbo'ed S2000. Never underestimate your opponent.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:01 AM
Banned

bring it m///! when i smoke you buy two cars you have to
1. retract your statement that s2ks are slow and
2. place a sticker on your window that reads, i'm a complete idiot i thought my car was fast but i got smoked by an s2000.
agree to those terms and i'll drive all the way to your cheesy state and teach you a lesson. better bolt on the mods!

Quick Reply: 2 more S2000's down, why are these cars soooooo slow???????????