S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

100+ ticket!

Old 04-28-2004, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100+ ticket!

hi.. i was racing some guy yesterday and i got a ticket for 100+.. the cop said he was gonna be nice and not get me for wreckless driving and racing.. so i have a ticket for 100+ speeding.. aynone know whats gonna happen? should i fight it..

here is a history fo my driving.. in jan.. my ticket finally got settled.. and i got 3 yr probation for exhibition of speed.. wreckless driving.. i THINK i got 2 points for that ticket.. i'm not 2 sure.. i'm not even 2 sure if i can go to traffic school.. but it was counted as a misdemeanor charge.. so it might not even show up as a traffic violation..

need some info.. thanks!!

btw.. the car i was racing got smoked the cop said so himself.. lol.. he said something like... when u beat him badly enough.. dont u think its time to slow down..
Old 04-28-2004, 01:53 PM

.. good thing I wasn't the one racing you... or else i would've have gotten the ticket... Good luck man.. i wonder which car you were picking on?
Old 04-28-2004, 02:00 PM

Well- if you are gonna fight it then get a lawyer. If you were polite to the cop and he wan't too pissed then try to fight it. BUT if he told you he was cutting you a break when he wrote the ticket then I doubt he'll cut you another break.
I had a similar situation ( 140 mph in a 40) and I got a 2-point ticket w/ a warning not to show my face in court. If I did go to court I guess I would have brought a lawyer. But you have the same problem I did at the time--> Your driving history sucks and any judge will be informed of it by the prosecutor.
I would suggest calling up the # on the back of the ticket and telling them your going to contest it. Then just before the court date call to have the hearing postponed. Then postpone it again. By that time about 6-9 months should pass and the cop may not show up or may forget about you ( not likely unless the cop is a city cop who writes MANY tickets). Either way its worth the shot of him not showing up and you getting afew points taken off.

Oh yeha- if he shows up and you dont have a lawyer then talk to him and see where his head is at. That will give you an idea if you stand a chance of getting it reduced. Remember to be respectful and sincere....and wear a suit or a shirt and tie. Good luck- Joe
Old 04-28-2004, 02:14 PM

I have one of those 100+ tickets. Got it last year just east of you on the I-10 going toward palm springs. I contested it. You know that in California you have to pay the bond prior to contesting the ticket. It is going to cost you near 400 dollars. I did not go to court to contest mine, I wrote a declaration about mine. And still lost!.. Moreover, I am a lawyer and it still didn't help. I called the court to appeal the process, but was unable to. However, I do not know how many points you get for it, cause I hold an out of state license and my state will never find out about it anyways, so that wasn't the deal for me.

I am with snake, you should probably get a lawyer and show up to court, its the only way that you are going to get away with it. However, your prior history will likely really hurt you when you show up to court, cause they are going to have the file on your driving history. If your history was clean, maybe...
Old 04-28-2004, 02:14 PM

I have an idea.....

You did the crime now do the time, pay the fine and live with your decision. I got a ticket for 101 in a 55 when I was ~23. It cost me $215 and 5 points on my license. I was just happy he did'nt take me to jail, which he had every right to do so I owned up to it like a man and paid the price...

P.S. - That is the last ticket I got and am now 28
Old 04-28-2004, 02:15 PM

hmm.. i didnt get pulled over in the city.. it was on the freeway.. by a highway patrol.. he was nice bout things.. i turned off my car.. got all my info ready.. insurance.. driver license.. and registration.. and he just took all the info.. told me.. his sly remark.. and went to the car.. wrote the ticket.. came back.. told me to sign.. and told me he wasnt gonna get me for racing.. and wreckless drivng and tow my car..

i signed it.. told him to have a nice day.. and was on my way..

and this time.. i WAS NOT pickin on anyone.. the crx was pretty quick until i hit 90 mph+.. thats when i started to pull on him.. he was pretty even when i downshifted to 3rd.. and going into 4th.. when i hit 5th.. i started to pull on him slowly..

last night.. i also raced an 350z coupe.. from a light.. he got me on first.. stayed even on 2nd.. started to pull even with him on 3rd.. and on 4th end.. going into 5th.. i had 1/4th car on him.. he had a good launch... even though i wasnt ready.. older male.. had a female passenger.. in his 30's at least.. looked at me.. smiled.. i gave him the .. returned the favor... and was on our way.. we shut down around 115 mph.. this was very late at night.. like at 2 in the morning.. oh.. i had my top down btw.. it was surprisingly warm at that time.. gotta love the summer nights =D
Old 04-28-2004, 02:39 PM

try http://www.ticketassassin.com/
Old 04-28-2004, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by Lanevo8
try http://www.ticketassassin.com/
That would all be great information to have if he was innocent...
Old 04-28-2004, 03:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PHUNBALL
Old 04-28-2004, 03:08 PM

Yeah- remeber that you're guilty or you will not come up with any realistic solution ( the cop knows what you did).
If he told you that you smoked the other car that means he knows you were racing and depending on what you said back you may have admitted to him that you were racing.
The problem with fighting this ticket is that the cop had every right to nail you for street racing and he didn't do it. Walking into court and challenging the cop w/o a lawyer is not an option. What I said before about postponing the ticket is your only chance of getting a reduction w/o hiring a lawyer.
If you decided to get a lawyer: Your only chance of getting a reduction is to try and find a lawyer who: (i) was a former prosecutor OR (ii) who knows the prosecutor/ deals with the prosecutor/cops in the area.
Remeber, no matter how good the lawyer is he cannot change the fact that your driving history is bad and you were racing..... according to a cop. Also, if the prosecutor won't settle/ plead you out to a lower offense, then the lawyer will have to challenge the cop's perception/radar use/ proceudre...and in the end you are still going to have to give an account of what happened ....good luck explaining why you were going over 100 mph.
No matter what you do make sure you register for a defensive driving course. The courses cost afew bucks but will take some points off and lower your insurace.

Anrosphynx: Interestingly enough there was a recent study ( I read it in my law school's paper) which showed that lawyers tend to drive more agressively then people in other professions.

Quick Reply: 100+ ticket!