S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

06 S2K vs 03 RSX-S

Old 06-20-2006, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whitedeon8,Jun 20 2006, 10:22 AM
Although your car is fast, I am going to have to disagree with you. The K-series is proven to respond extremely well to mods. Does the F series get 10-15 whp from a header? 8- 10 whp from an intake? 5-6 whp from exhaust? Factor in KPRO and I jumped from 175 whp stock to about 205 whp; but my midrange was insane. I was making 205 whp 160 wtq and had increases of 20-30 whp in the midrange. Most on the board will tell you exhaust doesn't do much, header will not add 10 whp, and intake will certainly not give you 8-10 (on an S2000). My friend dynod at 205 whp with just an Injen CAI and DCRH, and his baseline was 179 whp.

Both cars are awesome, but the K-series does respond better to mods. Trust me, I know from personal experience.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ So are you agreeing with the statement I made earlier in this thread? You definately made good power from the limited mods that you made, but it seems that if the same mods you placed on the K-Series engine, more power would be realized.

Thanks for replying versionJDM...

Andre
Old 06-20-2006, 10:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Ferris,Jun 19 2006, 12:46 PM
Races from a roll are gay....end of story. If they raced at a drag strip a decent s2k driver would most likely win. These fwd bolt on RSX's only have a prayer if they are wearing either drag radials or slicks....most of the time

People who suggest racing from roll are only masking a lack of driver skill. It just cracks me up to see people get down when they see the s2k get beat from a roll....STI's/EVO's always have these losers requesting roll races. Simply remember, ROLLS are for bakeries.
I totally agree with you.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 20 2006, 10:07 AM
I totally agree with you.
I beg to differ because from a roll, it is plain obvious what car has more power and which can accelerate much faster without there being any bias of drivetrain.

For near perfect comparison of engines, I think a roll on is the best bet. Of course it is obvious that an AWD is superior to RWD and RWD is superior to FWD because of the drivetrain, not necessarily because of the power.

Example... take let's say an STI vs Ford Cobra... the STI will initially be up ahead but after some distance, the Cobra will eat the STI alive. This leaves room for argument as far as... well the STI was up ahead first, so it's faster... false. But now from a roll on... the Cobra will eat the STI alive, which shows power-to-power, completely eliminating the bias of traction.

Andre
Old 06-20-2006, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8kGoodENuff,Jun 20 2006, 10:57 AM
^^^ So are you agreeing with the statement I made earlier in this thread? You definately made good power from the limited mods that you made, but it seems that if the same mods you placed on the K-Series engine, more power would be realized.

Thanks for replying versionJDM...

Andre
K-cars make big power with little mods, but so do some s2k's!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Jun 20 2006, 10:31 AM
K-cars make big power with little mods, but so do some s2k's!
I hear you on that one... I hope mine is one of the ones that makes good power as well...

Andre
Old 06-20-2006, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeh so 24whp from testpipe, exhaust and vafc seems pretty good. people don't realize that i/rh/e/k-pro on an RSX is gonna cost more than what versionJDM has, and will make about the same peak-horsepower increase as the RSX.
-Chris
Old 06-20-2006, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=8kGoodENuff,Jun 20 2006, 10:26 AM] I beg to differ because from a roll, it is plain obvious what car has more power and which can accelerate much faster without there being any bias of drivetrain.

For near perfect comparison of engines, I think a roll on is the best bet.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Jun 20 2006, 11:26 AM
You have a good point but straight line performance is only one aspect when I compare two cars, far from the deciding point for one being faster than the other.

Lets take your own comparison for example. Clear as day here. You used a STI VS a Ford Cobra.

Certain distance, straight line races would yield different results comparing these two cars, same can be said for taking these two cars to a road course. The STI would win almost all of those. The shorter the straight line race the more races the STI would win. So if you went for longer distances then your Ford would win and be considered faster at that specific distance not faster overall by any means. So from a roll I cant determine who has the overall faster car. So what if the Ford pulls on the STI by 3 cars in a 3 second freeway exchange. Again that doesnt prove a thing to me. You will learn that as you get older.
What you said about the track is absolutely correct but... we never spoke about a track. We were strictly talking about going from a dig as opposed to going from a roll. Yes... you are right that it depends on how long the race goes for. But most roll on races seem to last for a while, which I think by then would determine which is faster.

I saw this video of a Lambo Gallardo vs a C6 Z06... and at the start (from a roll) the gallardo instantly pulled on the Z06, but the Z06 came back right after and reeled him back in.

Man... I don't want to argue anymore... lol. Whatever race happens, then it happens... lol. I'm tired of typing... lol.

Andre
Old 06-20-2006, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=8kGoodENuff,Jun 20 2006, 10:26 AM] I beg to differ because from a roll, it is plain obvious what car has more POWER and which can accelerate much faster without there being any BIAS of drivetrain.

For near perfect comparison of engines, I think a roll on is the best bet.

Quick Reply: 06 S2K vs 03 RSX-S