S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

05S2k VS. LT1 Camaro Modded

Old 08-02-2005, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05S2k VS. LT1 Camaro Modded

I was going to work the other day...

As I was on the access road this kid kept revving beside me in a 95-96ish Z28 with exhaust and not sure what else. Anyway...I was not in the mood and just shook my head at him.

He overlooks the fact the on ramp is coming up and has to fall way back to get over and on the freeway...So needing to prove his levels of testosterone were not inferior to mine (I guess) he weaves and races through traffic to catch back up to me (this takes about 5 minutes or so).

At this point I'm getting annoyed and we are approaching a wide open section of interstate...so I slow down to about 45 and wait for him to jump...I downshift to second and pull a car on him, hit 3rd and he is dropping 2 cars. I hit about 105 and started backing off of it. Apparently his testosterone levels weren't as high as he had previously thought because now he is dropping back in traffic and is trying to avoid me...which is funny because I found out later he lives in my apartment complex and now has to see the black S2K that killed him that day...

Anyway, Do any of you guys get annoyed by this kind of behavior? It's like he wouldn't rest until he proved his manhood...and then ultimately got it taken away I don't really drag race much. (I live in the texas hill country so I just hit the curving back roads which to me is more fun)

P.S. Don't get me wrong I love camaros and have gotten toasted by some nice SS's and modified z28's...so I don't think I can beat every camaro due to the fact I outran this one...I just knew he didn't have enough to beat me and he was getting on my nerves.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:42 AM

Anyway, Do any of you guys get annoyed by this kind of behavior? It's like he wouldn't rest until he proved his manhood...and then ultimately got it taken away biggrin.gif I don't really drag race much. (I live in the texas hill country so I just hit the curving back roads which to me is more fun)

WHy not just ignore him? That will piss him off even more, and you won't risk getting a ticket.

If hes a tool and doesn't know cars who cares.

If he is a car guy, he knows what you have and should respect it.

I had a similar thing happen the other day. I was on they way back from a pretty hard day at the office. I was stressed, and tired (and hadn't got my wife her birthday present yet...on the same day)

I was in my V and some Kid (18-22 ish) in a WRX pulls beside me on 280 and revs and gives me a condensending look.

I was like ???

He revs on me again and then cuts me off??

I knew I can F'ing destroy him without even down shifting. But I just smiled a gave him a

This really pissed him off, so he guns it....right by a CHP...
Old 08-03-2005, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by dstanfield1977,Aug 3 2005, 11:42 AM

I knew I can F'ing destroy him without even down shifting. But I just smiled a gave him a

This really pissed him off, so he guns it....right by a CHP...
Nice, stupid fool in the other car

Kind regards,
Joe
Old 08-03-2005, 03:12 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

The 2nd week I had my S an ??? Camaro (debaged - assume an LT1 due to debadging and oversized body kit) rolls up and starts tailgating me.

I was 100 miles from home - I don't know the cops or speed traps, and I have a passenger. . . yet I'm getting tailed on a one-lane on-ramp. I gun it, get 2-3 cars ahead, tuck myself in between a semi and a Hummer. . . and let him pass.

ON an entirely different note -

What? Another young idiot got caught on I-280? Unheard of. . .
The thing is, I can totally picture the look on dstanfield's face through all of that . .
Old 08-03-2005, 06:11 PM

i dont get annoyed i actually want that to happen.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:20 PM

Dstan...I was kind of in the mood you were in...knew I had a hard day ahead of me wasn't in the best mood (fiancee issues)...in good spirits I would have just smiled at him and let him think he punked me or whatever may have been going through his mind. BTW...Texas has increased it's laws on racing...get caught and the following happens:
1. You go to jail
2. You're car gets impounded
3. You lose your license for a whole year.

Can't afford any of that...
Old 08-04-2005, 02:52 AM

Just a year? Same penalty here for driving without insuance, well actually four years....
Old 08-04-2005, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by 00S2KFAN,Aug 3 2005, 08:20 PM
Dstan...I was kind of in the mood you were in...knew I had a hard day ahead of me wasn't in the best mood (fiancee issues)...in good spirits I would have just smiled at him and let him think he punked me or whatever may have been going through his mind. BTW...Texas has increased it's laws on racing...get caught and the following happens:
1. You go to jail
2. You're car gets impounded
3. You lose your license for a whole year.

Can't afford any of that...
Yup, thats why I let him go :-)
Old 08-04-2005, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by dstanfield1977,Aug 3 2005, 02:42 PM
If he is a car guy, he knows what you have and should respect it.
you must live in an area where people actually know what an s2000 is. ive gotten "nice Z" (old guy), "is that a porsche?", "is that a bmw?", "is that a lexus?" (girl), "nice miata!" (drunk girl). and then from the kids who know what kind of car it is, "its just a slow porsche boxster; its all noise" (punks that dont even own a car talking about my s2000 w/ aem.) i get respect from older people, and once in a great while, a teenager.
-Chris
Old 08-04-2005, 11:38 AM

I think most people know what a s2k is here in the cali bay area.

where are you? Ohio? :-)

Quick Reply: 05S2k VS. LT1 Camaro Modded