S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

03 S2K vs WRX

Old 09-01-2003, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BOV on WRX = Riceboy

Anyone who follows WRXs knows that BOVs and CAIs are the official mods of riceboys everywhere. All they do is cause issues with lean conditions and a CAI adds little-to-no HP until Stage IV type of mods.

Good call not to race an idiot like that.

Jimbo
Old 09-01-2003, 10:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimbo
[B]BOV on WRX = Riceboy

Anyone who follows WRXs knows that BOVs and CAIs are the official mods of riceboys everywhere.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:04 AM

Well, I have to agree with jigga009, just because someone has upgraded their BOV dont make them rice. Now when they go out and spend $200 on the fake BOV, then that is rice. The BOV has an actual function and when the car is modified, it is best to upgrade the BOV also. Like was said already, the BOV preforms a job....upgrade it so it can do its job better.

Besides, the stock BOV dont get as any people's attention as say an HK$ will
Old 09-01-2003, 06:42 PM

jigga - You have to admit that you are the exception rather than the rule in the WRX crowd. I don't know how many threads I've read at iClub and ClubWRX.net where the first three mods are (in no special order) BOV, CAI and catback exhaust. Net gain? About 5HP and guaranteed CELs for running lean.

Playing the 80/20 rule, I stand by my statement.

Jimbo
Old 09-01-2003, 08:29 PM

I will have to say it was very good not to risk it in a race with this fellow, he divinity didn't seem to care about others. All definitely can say for the WRS and S2K compare is that I had a '02 WRX with a BoV until I traded it for the STi. And now with my S2K I can say this; even though of the awd advantages and the pure power advantage of the STi mine S2K is by far a more enjoyable self-smile evoking car in any aspects. It was the best choice I've made in a long time to replace that STi with my S2K.

Dan
Old 09-01-2003, 08:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cagar_a_Stoirm
[B]I will have to say it was very good not to risk it in a race with this fellow, he divinity didn't seem to care about others. All definitely can say for the WRS and S2K compare is that I had a '02 WRX with a BoV until I traded it for the STi. And now with my S2K I can say this; even though of the awd advantages and the pure power advantage of the STi mine S2K is by far a more enjoyable self-smile evoking car in any aspects. It was the best choice I've made in a long time to replace that STi with my S2K.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:48 PM

I had it for about 3 weeks, and I was very unhappy about it. One of the factors I think was that I had my WRX for a little over 2 years before I traded it in for an STi, I was so happy I had gotten hold of one. But to me to started to seem like my STi wasn't even a new car, I started to get angry at the poor interior build it starting rattling and squeaking after only 200 miles. I know people will shout in the STi's defense is say that it's a pure enthusiasts car and it isn't meant to me comfortable and well built. This is true, but maybe I felt I should be getting a little bit more for a car that cost that much. People might turn around and say I was weak or not a man for complaining, but maybe they are the ones who wouldn't know since they never owned one. Anyhow, my point is that all around the S2K , for ME, is a better car. I love it. I smile when I see it, I am happy when I get in it. Neither of these is true about the STi, for me. So I say to all my fellow S2K owner, drive it, and love it.

Dan

** ohh and about test driving one, I hope you get to, most places aren't letting people test drive it. Maybe if I had gotten the chance I would have known before going through all the hassle, goodluck.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:59 PM

LOL..I know what you mean about the test drive, but the S2K was the same way when it first came out. That is one of the things that made us fall in love with the S when we drove it, the build quality is amazing. The car felt very tight and the interior was very nice IMO, we were sold as soon as we drove it.

As for you opinion on the car really no one can argue it, its your opinion. Its good to see that, since if I do go to a WRX board of course they will be biased. I dont know, I guess we'll have to wait and see. All I know id whatever we get I want it to seat at least 4 comfortably and be fast
Old 09-01-2003, 09:03 PM

One thing that the STi has in it's favor is speed. As opposed to my WRX my STi pulled hard below 3500RPM before the turbo kicked in. The STi was for sure the winner in the power/speed department, endless power.... But I need more then power to enjoy a car, maybe I'm starting to get too old

Dan
Old 09-01-2003, 09:09 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cagar_a_Stoirm
[B]... even though of the awd advantages and the pure power advantage of the STi mine S2K is by far a more enjoyable self-smile evoking car in any aspects. It was the best choice I've made in a long time to replace that STi with my S2K.

Quick Reply: 03 S2K vs WRX