S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

03 S2K vs WRX

Old 08-31-2003, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 S2K vs WRX

Well it wasnt anything really impressive, but last night a WRX wagon was revving on me every chance he got so I could hear his BOV, so I decided why not. We were rolling I was in 2nd gear ready for him, he punches it I immidiately pull about 1/2 car and top of 3rd im about 1.5 and shift to 4th and he wasnt gaining (and we were coming up to traffic), so I let off and he gets in a turn lane and flys buy a few people then gets back over and starts tapping his brakes. I was like "what an idiot" at that point I was like this guy obviously doesnt care about the safety of others, so I wasnt about to race again.

I pull up to him at the light and he's like "what you think you can take this" Im like "I just did, you didnt catch me did you" He's like "how about now from a stop...think you can take me" So I tell him " No...nothing can take a WRX from a roll" and let him speed off.

I know some would say I was chicken only racing from a roll, I probably would have from the light but not with him taking illegal lanes to pass and cutting people off, thats just stupid and I wasnt about to endanger anyone. Anyways thats it...oh BTW I have an HKS exhaust and a Sprint drop in filter He had an Exhaust and BOV that I know of...
Old 08-31-2003, 04:28 PM

good job! I'm not gonna race anyone off the line in my s2k. I'll be doing 25mph in 1st and ready for anyone.
Old 08-31-2003, 06:17 PM

you would have still taken him if it were from a stop.
Old 08-31-2003, 06:28 PM

I raced my friends wrx he has bov,intake,exhaust,boost control,downpiping. I thought the only chance was on the highway against him, I was wrong. We raced from 40mph to about 140mph. He had me about 3 car lengths until 100 then it was just one. Finally had about 135mph I passed him. I have great respect for those cars
Old 08-31-2003, 07:26 PM

I do respect the WRX as I do with most other cars. I just dont like racing people that have no respect for other peoples safety. If I see someone taking taking some risky chances by passing and swerving in and out of cars, I wont race...no polint in getting someone hurt or killed over a race.

I actually like the WRX's we might be getting an STI early next year, but my EVO buddies are trying to get me into one of those...who knows. But yeah I'd like to try a WRX from a roll one day just not that guys, maybe someone without an ego.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:17 PM

Nice kill. Wrx do have alot of potentials.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by swtazn97
you would have still taken him if it were from a stop.
In the end yes but not off the line. Sure the S2000 has a weight advantage of 350lbs less; which is probably better distributed. Also a 13 HP edge over the WRX. However the WRX has a 64 ft-lbs. torque advantage, that at a light, AWD will get the job done. Of course until the VTEC kicks in and the turbo power band dies out...(insert here the rest of which has already been said)

You did the right thing by not getting him to keep driving like an idiot...

BTW
So I tell him " No...nothing can take a WRX from a roll" and let him speed off.

Old 08-31-2003, 10:45 PM

True that a wrx will take an s2000 of the line due to it's awd. Although through my experience with one, their 60 foot times are not that far off from an s2000. If memory serves correctly they pull around 2.0secs. I think i got like 2.1 in my S w/ intake at the time. (i'll find my time slip).

I had the opportunity to drive one at the dealership (stock). IMO, after 2nd gear they're a POS.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:21 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Quik S2K
I do respect the WRX as I do with most other cars. I just dont like racing people that have no respect for other peoples safety. If I see someone taking taking some risky chances by passing and swerving in and out of cars, I wont race...no polint in getting someone hurt or killed over a race.
Best way to prevent all that is STOP RACING.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by SHIRI

Best way to prevent all that is STOP RACING.
Yes that is true, however we all know that will never happen. Racing has been around since basically the car was invented, someone always has to be faster.

Quick Reply: 03 S2K vs WRX