S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

03 S2K vs Cobalt SS Turbo, V6 Mustang, Mustang GT

Old 07-31-2009, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 S2K vs Cobalt SS Turbo, V6 Mustang, Mustang GT

Well Ive had my S2K for about two weeks now and I can truly say I fell in love with it! For the most part I been trying to keep away from racing people in till I got the hang of shifting because its my first manual car. Usually every Wednesday night my friends and I meet up at a local Nathans and we roll down to this area called "Industrials". Its the industrial part of Freeport and thats where all the racing happens. The first night I went out with my S2K everyone wanted to race me but I felt uncomfortable because I didnt really know my car. I made sure that the next time I went that I would be ready to at least race one person. So last Wednesday I went to Industrials mighty confident on my driving skills. I was lucky enough to find a couple of people who wanted to race for shits and giggles. my record went as followedFYI: MY S2K IS BONE STOCK)

RECORD: 9 Total Races - 7 Wins - 2 Loses

First two races were against my friend Leo who loves to beat his Eclipse to the ground. He is completely stock to and just wanted to mess around. I was down to race him for the pure reason that I needed experience. The outcome was as expected ha.
1st - 97 Eclipse RS - Win 4-5 cars
2nd - 97 Eclipse RS - Win 4-5 Cars

The next series that I took on was against my friend Rob's 08 Cobalt SS (Stock Turbo). He really doesn't have much done on his car but from watching his previous races his 1st and 2nd gear are pretty much useless and its when he hits third that his car really starts pulling. I had really good launches on him and mixed with that fact that his tires were really worn out, I believe, helped me gain the win in the series.
3rd - 08 Cobalt SS Turbo - Win 1-2 Cars
4th - 08 Cobalt SS Turbo - Loss 1-2 Cars
5th - 08 Cobalt SS Turbo - Win 1-2 Cars

The next series was against this kid I really dont know. be he was talking a lot of smack about his Stock V6 Mustang. He really wanted to see what his car would do against me and with the racing blood running through my veins I gladly said yes. THE ONLY REASON HE GOT A WIN OFF ME WAS BECAUSE I MISSED 2ND GEAR
6th - 08 Mustang V6 - Win 2-3 Cars
7th - 08 Mustang V6 - Loss - MISSED 2ND GEAR
8th - 08 Mustang V6 - Win 2-3 Cars

This last race was a bitter sweet win. It was against my new friend Dan who I meet just a week ago. He had a 2000 Mustang GT with a intake and exhaust on it. I truly believed I was gonna get spanked because his car is much lighter than the V6 and has much more power. Also I was completely stock!!. It was a bitter sweet win because Yes I beat my friend Dan's Mustang but at the end of the race a dumb kid on a crouch rocket slammed into him while he was turning around - totaling his car!
9th - 2000 Mustang GT - Win - fender - 1 car

Well thats all I got for now! hope you enjoyed a little background in my first encounters!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:04 PM

Nice wins, but be careful you guys should try and race at a track.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you like to race and enjoying the car. Be safe!
Old 08-01-2009, 11:04 AM

a bike totaled a car???
Old 08-01-2009, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by h1gh0ct4n3,Aug 1 2009, 11:04 AM
a bike totaled a car???
depending on a speed, even a deer can total a car.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by S2K PacMan,Jul 31 2009, 04:39 PM
Well Ive had my S2K for about two weeks now and I can truly say I fell in love with it! For the most part I been trying to keep away from racing people in till I got the hang of shifting because its my first manual car. Usually every Wednesday night my friends and I meet up at a local Nathans and we roll down to this area called "Industrials". Its the industrial part of Freeport and thats where all the racing happens. The first night I went out with my S2K everyone wanted to race me but I felt uncomfortable because I didnt really know my car. I made sure that the next time I went that I would be ready to at least race one person. So last Wednesday I went to Industrials mighty confident on my driving skills. I was lucky enough to find a couple of people who wanted to race for shits and giggles. my record went as followedFYI: MY S2K IS BONE STOCK)

RECORD: 9 Total Races - 7 Wins - 2 Loses

First two races were against my friend Leo who loves to beat his Eclipse to the ground. He is completely stock to and just wanted to mess around. I was down to race him for the pure reason that I needed experience. The outcome was as expected ha.
1st - 97 Eclipse RS - Win 4-5 cars
2nd - 97 Eclipse RS - Win 4-5 Cars

The next series that I took on was against my friend Rob's 08 Cobalt SS (Stock Turbo). He really doesn't have much done on his car but from watching his previous races his 1st and 2nd gear are pretty much useless and its when he hits third that his car really starts pulling. I had really good launches on him and mixed with that fact that his tires were really worn out, I believe, helped me gain the win in the series.
3rd - 08 Cobalt SS Turbo - Win 1-2 Cars
4th - 08 Cobalt SS Turbo - Loss 1-2 Cars
5th - 08 Cobalt SS Turbo - Win 1-2 Cars

The next series was against this kid I really dont know. be he was talking a lot of smack about his Stock V6 Mustang. He really wanted to see what his car would do against me and with the racing blood running through my veins I gladly said yes. THE ONLY REASON HE GOT A WIN OFF ME WAS BECAUSE I MISSED 2ND GEAR
6th - 08 Mustang V6 - Win 2-3 Cars
7th - 08 Mustang V6 - Loss - MISSED 2ND GEAR
8th - 08 Mustang V6 - Win 2-3 Cars

This last race was a bitter sweet win. It was against my new friend Dan who I meet just a week ago. He had a 2000 Mustang GT with a intake and exhaust on it. I truly believed I was gonna get spanked because his car is much lighter than the V6 and has much more power. Also I was completely stock!!. It was a bitter sweet win because Yes I beat my friend Dan's Mustang but at the end of the race a dumb kid on a crouch rocket slammed into him while he was turning around - totaling his car!
9th - 2000 Mustang GT - Win - fender - 1 car

Well thats all I got for now! hope you enjoyed a little background in my first encounters!
I wouldn't call the last one a win. Especially since you said your friend got into an accident. I would call that a loss on everyone.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:51 PM

is the guy on the bike dead??????
Old 08-01-2009, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by r34dy2fly,Aug 1 2009, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't call the last one a win. Especially since you said your friend got into an accident. I would call that a loss on everyone.
I guess I get what your saying. but the accident happen after the race. we were both trying to find a place so we could make a U-turn. I was more infront and when he tried making the U-turn the bike slammed into him. I really dont know about bikes but people were calling it a GSX-R750. The entire front of the mustang was ripped off and a part of the frame came off. and Yes the biker survived, but he ended up making himself look like an idiot. He told the cops we was going 45mph. The cop wasnt stupid and knew the kid was driving around like an idiot ripping the bike. He finally admitted reaching the speed of 80mph.

But thanks for everyones nice comments. as of now after that accident most of my friends and I have decided to relax on the all street racing scene and go to the track. we going this august - im really excited!