S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

03 Cobra vs 05-06 Mustang GT

Old 07-07-2006, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Cobra vs 05-06 Mustang GT

I was just getting on the freeway and I seen some taillighst up ahead, at first I thought it was a Firebird, but as I started to get closer I noticed it was a newer Mustang. Well he seen me coming up behind him so he pulled into the middle lane (3 lane road) Just as I start to pass him at about 75 or so he revs on me, I was like ok, I guess he didnt notice it was a Cobra. So I slow down and get even with him and downshift to 4th and let him hit it, I was like are you serious, I let him get about 1.5 cars on me then I hit it, I flew by him like he was in reverse. I put maybe 3-4 cars on him then let off, well I guess he thought his car was going to somehow be magically faster the 2nd time, so he pulls up and starts reving, im like ok I drop it into 4th again and let him take the jump, this time I let him get a couple cars then I slowly got on it, I crept even with him then hit it, this time I put an Amtrack train on him before letting off so he would know he definitely didnt have a shot. Again I let off and he's flying up, he pulled up to me and gave me a thumbs up then pulled off the freeway. Lol, I knew it would be ugly for him, but what the hell

BTW...If you couldnt tell by the siggy, the Cobra is far from stock
Old 07-07-2006, 02:54 AM
Banned

nice run.

i'm guessing he knew very well what it was, he just wanted to see it run. The Cobra front end is rather distinctive - if nothing else the shape and location of the fog lights told him what you were driving. It doesn't really matter whether he knew or not, not everyone goes home and cries when they get beat, some just enjoy the race

A few days ago, I had a guy in some car come right up on my ass just as we were entering a cloverleaf to get on a freeway. No-one in front, and I knew the loop like the back of my hand as I have taken it many, many times. So I downshifted and set up for a fast exit, and poured on the gas all the way through, flooring it as soon as I could. I hit the freeway with a little sliding in the rear, with him quite aways back. I was well over 100 before he caught up. That's when I saw it was a Mach 1. He clearly knew what I was driving, so why he wanted to instigate something is beyond me, but I had fun anyway. I have a feeling that when I pulled way ahead around the loop, he felt he couldn't just let me go, but all I knew at first was some jerk was on my ass. He didn't mess with me again the rest of the drive, but I probably would have lined up just to see how much difference there was, not because I thought I might win.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My bud just pulled a 11.7 at Cecil DW in his 03 Cobra. He'd be a good race for you ;-)
Old 07-07-2006, 07:25 AM

you and your rice burner

time for me hybernate for a long time

i sent you a PM pete
Old 07-07-2006, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jasonjm,Jul 7 2006, 03:54 AM
My bud just pulled a 11.7 at Cecil DW in his 03 Cobra. He'd be a good race for you ;-)
Maybe, Havent been to the track yet but on our gtech it trapped 124 I would say the car should run low 11's with the power its making.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:26 AM
AP2

wow..you raped that guy..he exited only cause he was embarrassed..
Old 07-07-2006, 09:10 AM

He could have mistaken it for an 01 Cobra...some can't tell it apart from the 03 especially from the front. The 01 has a bit of a frown to the front fascia where as the 03 is straight across.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice kill

03-04 cobra's are just retardedly insane.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only way a new GT is competitive, is some of these cars now have SC options. Vortech, Kenne Bell, Procharger. The Vortech GT Did some amazing things in the R&T flat out fastest test. Recently, MM & FF had an article on the Kenne Bell & ATI Procharger cars. Ran them hard (and magazine is notorius for having some insane times) & got into the 11.6's with them.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do that to civics. hahahahahahahahahahah! good run bro.

Quick Reply: 03 Cobra vs 05-06 Mustang GT