S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

02 s2k vs 4 mustangs

Old 07-11-2007, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 s2k vs 4 mustangs

out looking for races on friday night and couldn't find any so i sit at a wawa by the expressway and wait. i get tired of waiting so i get a juice and leave. as i am backing out a 96' style mustang gt waves me out. we head north and he rolls up next to me and with no warning honks three times and takes off. i am in 4th going 45 and i just punch it from there and have no trouble overtaking him. we slow down to about 30mph and this time i am ready. i put it in second waiting for him to honk. on the third i just rip second, and go halfway through 3rd and by then it was over. i must have been 4 car lengths in front. we slow down and his buddy says let me get my car. i ask him what it is and he says 5.0L mustang. i think it must be quick to think he can keep up so i say ok and we agree to meet at the wawa from which we came in a half hour.

while i am waiting i go to a walmart to let the car cool down and i am there for now more then five minutes and a cop comes by and chases me out. (it was 2am) the cop was cool and everything but with a little asshole peppered in there. about twenty minutes later i go back to the wawa and tell the guy with the 5.0 that i am not racing tonight because if the cop saw me doing anything illegal i would most likely be screwed. he asked me how much power i am making and then said he thinks there are a couple of cars that are comparable to mine. i say ok, and the next night comes with no call. the guy didn't call until that monday night. it was about 55F out that night so i thought it would be perfect for a race.

i get to the wawa a few minutes early and no one is there yet. about ten minutes later the mustang i had raced already shows up and says he doesn't know where everyone is. he makes some calls and the 5.0L shows up. then another 5.0L shows up. a wrx with minor mods shows up and nothing else. we talk about mods and apparently no one wanted to race. i am thinking what the hell did i come out here for if no one is gonna race? one of the guys in the wrx said he has a turbo mustang that he was gonna bring out but the alternator went so he is just waiting for a part. there was supposedly an sti that wanted to race me but didn't come out for he thought he would embarass me. i think, yeah ok, come out and prove it, but he never showed. we stand around a little while longer and they call this guy with a 2000 GT mustang that thinks he can hang.

the 2000 gt shows up and we stand around some more. i am thinking this night is turning out to be a complete waste. then all of the sudden everyone gets in their cars and we head out. FINALLY! some action. we head to a deserted industrial park and the first 5.0 and the 2000 gt line up with me waiting behind. they take off and i let them get about two car lengths away then just blow their doors off, no prob. it took me maybe a gear and a half to pass. we make a run back the other way with the same results. we leave the park for fear of cops and head out to the expressway. again no one would line up with me so i just sit and wait while the one 5.0 and the 00' gt mustangs line up, with me and another 5.0 mustang behind them. the first two mustangs take off with the other 5.0 and i right behind. i wait till the gt pulls about two cars ahead of the 5.0's and find my opening leaving them waaaaay behind.

we do this a couple more times with the same results. i just don't get what they were thinking afer seeing what my car can do and then thinking they can hang. we stop at another wawa and the mustang owners would not even talk to me. it was actually very funny to me because the mustangs friends in other cars were asking me why i was wasting my time racing these cars. all in all it was a good time because i can't find many races and i will take what i can get most of the time. i am still waiting on that turbo mustang to call and to bring along that trash talking sti.

cliff notes : 4 mustangs challenge turbo s2k and all 4 mustangs fall. other cars were supposed to show but didn't. still waiting for other cars to call . . .

Old 07-11-2007, 03:58 PM

too bad there wasnt any 03-04 svt cobras
Old 07-11-2007, 04:07 PM

i agree, i would like to run one of them. i am also looking for a c5 or c6 to run.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:50 PM

Nice kills!
Whats your A/R? and about when do you start to spool? trying to get together some details for my build. Thanks!

PS where are you located?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM

thanks. my a/r is .60 it starts spooling somewhere around 2500 rpm and is fully spooled by 46-4800rpm give or take a couple hundred rpm ( i don't really look at the tach to much except to shift) i am near philly pa.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Damn your car must be crazy fast...
Old 07-11-2007, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by macprotege5,Jul 11 2007, 04:07 PM
i agree, i would like to run one of them. i am also looking for a c5 or c6 to run.
Dude, I'm down! Where are you?

Sorry, edit. I just read that. I'm on the other coast...
Old 07-11-2007, 05:50 PM

my only ?...what the hell is a WAWA?
( sorry, im in san diego)
Old 07-12-2007, 08:37 AM

fusion - damn, to bad you are not closer or i would be up for a run or two. i can't find any vettes around here willing to go.

j.champaco - wawa is a convenience store
Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 AM

You can always try the Corbette boards. You wouldn't even have to ask anyone, just browse the board and see where they meet in your area. I'd probably try www.corvetteforum.com.

Quick Reply: 02 s2k vs 4 mustangs