S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

02 S2000 vs 06 RSX-S

Old 12-06-2006, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a fully bolted on RSX Type S and I lost to an S2000 with a single tip full exhaust, and testpipe, and intake, I lost.. by 1 car... we went from 10mph to 100mph and I kept up even till the end of third gear. If it was a stock s2000 I would of clearly pulled w/o a doubt I'm sure. But once you s2k owners start modding I can only keep up and not win anymore. Not fair...
Old 12-06-2006, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2000/RSXMan,Dec 6 2006, 02:55 PM
I am a fully bolted on RSX Type S and I lost to an S2000 with a single tip full exhaust, and testpipe, and intake, I lost.. by 1 car... we went from 10mph to 100mph and I kept up even till the end of third gear. If it was a stock s2000 I would of clearly pulled w/o a doubt I'm sure. But once you s2k owners start modding I can only keep up and not win anymore. Not fair...
i put 3-4 cars on a full bolt on DC5.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by CypherAZ,Dec 6 2006, 02:12 PM
let me just beat all the rsx fanboi's to the punch.

"If the rsx was modded, you would have lost."
Lol, soooooooo true, and it's so played out by now too. One of my buddies friends I met for the first time lastnight has an '06 Type s with just a cold air intake...The dude was making claims how he hasn't found any good races yet (with a cocky big headed attitude non-the-less)...I told him maybe he should try and run a stock s2000 or something, suggesting he might lose, but it would be a worthy run ya know....This kid get's all bent out of shape like I just insulted his mother or something..He replies back with "S2000?? Are you kidding me? You said a worthy run, not a waste of my gas run" ...I was like oh no he didn't just say that!! He continues with "I've already beaten like 3 or 4 of those, and all of them had mods, and im almost stock...there a waste of my time"..At this point if he wasn't a friend of a friend I probaly would've laughed right in his face, but I was nice and replied back.."so you only have a CAI?" Yes he said..."So why don't you beat up on my G35 right quick, there a little slower then an s2000, but maybe it would be a good run" I said back to him instagating a reality check to this fool....Of course infront of 10 people he's not gonna turn this down...So we head out to one of the local race spots I know dam good and a longer story short, I smoke him in my stock G35 coupe...like from a 1st gear roll till like 120 I had 6-7 (atleast) car lengths on him...2nd gear roll..soon as we would go my car would just have more pull in every gear then his, and I ended up like 4-5 cars up again by 110ish...shit was mad funny! And when we got back over to the spot the rest of my friends were chillin at, he jumps out the car and say's pop your hood!! I did and sure enough nothing special...Hahaha im laughing just thinking about it again...But this clown really needed a reality check, and now im happy I was the one to give it to him.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blessed,Dec 6 2006, 03:15 PM
Lol, soooooooo true, and it's so played out by now too. One of my buddies friends I met for the first time lastnight has an '06 Type s with just a cold air intake...The dude was making claims how he hasn't found any good races yet (with a cocky big headed attitude non-the-less)...I told him maybe he should try and run a stock s2000 or something, suggesting he might lose, but it would be a worthy run ya know....This kid get's all bent out of shape like I just insulted his mother or something..He replies back with "S2000?? Are you kidding me? You said a worthy run, not a waste of my gas run" ...I was like oh no he didn't just say that!! He continues with "I've already beaten like 3 or 4 of those, and all of them had mods, and im almost stock...there a waste of my time"..At this point if he wasn't a friend of a friend I probaly would've laughed right in his face, but I was nice and replied back.."so you only have a CAI?" Yes he said..."So why don't you beat up on my G35 right quick, there a little slower then an s2000, but maybe it would be a good run" I said back to him instagating a reality check to this fool....Of course infront of 10 people he's not gonna turn this down...So we head out to one of the local race spots I know dam good and a longer story short, I smoke him in my stock G35 coupe...like from a 1st gear roll till like 120 I had 6-7 (atleast) car lengths on him...2nd gear roll..soon as we would go my car would just have more pull in every gear then his, and I ended up like 4-5 cars up again by 110ish...shit was mad funny! And when we got back over to the spot the rest of my friends were chillin at, he jumps out the car and say's pop your hood!! I did and sure enough nothing special...Hahaha im laughing just thinking about it again...But this clown really needed a reality check, and now im happy I was the one to give it to him.
WOW, just...wow.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM

That's freaking funny.

I actually like rsx's. They're nice cars, my buddy has one. Pretty easy to make fast with bolt-ons. But I'm just not a big fan of fwd anymore now that I have a rwd. I don't like understeering or fwd oversteer.

But yeah, I think if I could have stretched my legs out more and not start in the wrong gear, I think I coulda pulled a little harder.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:33 PM

it's stories like these that makes me come to street encounters... I always love to here cocky people get what they deserve. Good race man.

Khang
Old 12-06-2006, 06:30 PM

03 rsxs i/h/e 10 mph roll when I had test pipe and exhaust kept up with me till 70 then pulled hard on him. Stock 06 rsxs 60 mph roll with my top down stayed with me for a little then pulled both just re-raced recently 06 has exhaust now and I have k&n drop in and 4.77's both weren't even races from any mph. There is one local rsxs that ran 13.2 consistantly I'm currently trying to set something up with him
Old 12-06-2006, 06:43 PM

[QUOTE=freshs2k,Dec 6 2006, 07:30 PM] 03 rsxs i/h/e 10 mph roll when I had test pipe and exhaust kept up with me till 70 then pulled hard on him. Stock 06 rsxs 60 mph roll with my top down stayed with me
Old 12-06-2006, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by S2000/RSXMan,Dec 6 2006, 02:55 PM
What happened to the car and a half? It was more than one car. And we also started when I was at 4000 rpm in 1st gear. You had the advantage from the start, as your VTEC engagement is much lower than mine. I still feel a stock S2000 would pull you top end, but the RSX is quick, no doubt.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by PointBlank187,Dec 6 2006, 12:57 PM
I was rolling on the highway listening to my cd really loud at around 70mph. All of a sudden I see a black car pull up next to me with tinted windows. I noticed it was a brand new RSX Type-S. He moved up a little to show me his hazards to say he wanted a run. I figure it'd be nice to have a friendly run, it's been months since I did anything fun on the street.

I speed up to about 75 to get next to him before I see him try to take off. He was about 1 1/2 cars ahead when he went. I make one check of my rear view for the po-po, when I saw it was clear, I then downshift to 4th (shoulda went to 3rd) . Once I hit 6k, I stop his pull, and before I had to shift into 5th we were door to door. There was a car in my lane way ahead, and I didn't want to go into the slower lanes, so I made sure I was far enough ahead to switch into his lane. I was able to get into his lane, and continued to pull until about 125. I had maybe 2-3 cars before he or I shut down. I couldn't really tell because I switched lanes to the right to slow down because the construction wall was freaking me out, and everything was a blur because of the speed.

I saw the silhouette of a passenger waving, so the guy had a passenger. Still had dealer plates on, but there's a lot of people that leave the dealer plates on for a while. He had to already break it in because he instogated the race. Anyways, it was a fun little run.

My only engine mods is my T1R 70mm Power exhaust.
I bet he thought he spanked you.

Quick Reply: 02 S2000 vs 06 RSX-S