S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

*drumroll*....results of race: S2K vs 3 fitty

Old 12-11-2002, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *drumroll*....results of race: S2K vs 3 fitty

Well, let me start by saying that just as expected ALL the runs we made were EXTREMELY CLOSE.....you read and be the judge.

1. We raced from a dead stop. I had a descent launch but definitely not one of my best ones. He had me by about 1/2 - 1 car right there. I gained a tad towards the end of my 1st gear but as he shifted into 2nd, he jumped those inches and a few more. I made up a little ground in 2nd and 3rd but I was still about 1/2 -1 car away. All through 4th I maybe made a few more inches back but when I shifted into 5th...he inched away again......we both let off

2. The second race also from a dead stop. I got a hell of a launch this time and whooped him good right of the hole....by about 1/2 a car maybe damn! Pretty much the same scenario. His car was on my blind spot throughout the whole race. I think I might have pulled about 1/2....that's all. We both quit around 130-140mph...I had him by about 1 car or so.

3. The tie breaker was hell. He got completely sideways off the launch and made ME piss my pants.....I think he needed a change of underwear as well. We did not finish that run.....good thing because I bogged the stupid launch!

We took a little break and a breather. He was really impressed he said about both races. He thought he was going to take me really easy as he claims he has beaten 2 s2ks before with ease. By the way, I did NOT remove my subs and amp....about 20 lbs there. I weigh 168 lbs, he weighs about 180. None of us had passengers.

4. We then tried it off the roll. To the people that think the Z has the advantage here (Angel raises hand), let me tell you...you are WRONG!. We did two rolls. The first one from about 40 mph or so up to 140mph. THE CARS WERE ABSOLUTELY DEAD EVEN. I would pull a tad towards the end of my rpm range but everytime he shifted his car would hop a few inches......EVERYONE that watch the races would dare call a winner on this one. Of course I was absolutely sure I took him by about 1.2 inches and he claimes he had me by 4 cm....who knows...

5. So one more roll to claim the winner.....ok, I cheated! I jumped the roll and had him right there an there by about 1/2 car....I think this broke his concentration because I managed to pull another 1/2 -1 car after that. He was a cool sport and gave me sh(t about it of course but I admitted my wrong doing....hehehe.

Keep in mind his 350 has over 20,000 miles so it IS broken in and by what I hear it is a pretty fast one. Also, my S is no S-lug...it is on the "top" percentile so it could have gone either way. One thing is for sure, if you don't drive your S to your full potential, chances are the fitty will inch away. We both had exhausts and he claims HIS actually gave him gains (?). I know MINE DID. Thanks Spugen!

All in all it was great fun and a damn close race. We both called it a tie. No damn videos. Sorry guys. I am sure we are going to do it again.....next challange, autox!

Old 12-11-2002, 09:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great runs.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:09 PM

damn it!

hahahaha. I guess I'll be going FI just for those S2000 encounters

Nice runs Angel! I guess the 350z's low coefficient of drag doesn't do that much in the higher speeds. Damn 2800 lb S2000!
Old 12-11-2002, 11:17 PM

Wow! It doesn't get much more even than that. Great races.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a scientific/mathematical reason that when you went from a roll the 2nd time that you pulled on him, even though you were dead even the first time.

When one car gets a jump on another, you are talking about an initial 1 or 2mph advantage. However, as you get up to higher speeds, that advantage increases... hence you pulling on his car. (remember, acceleration in general is ft per second^squared)

What started as a 1mph advantage, may over time become a 4mph advantage, hence the sense of "pulling" on the other car.

Sounds like you two are dead even!
Old 12-12-2002, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANK YOU! That is what this forum needed, now I hope we see that these two cars are pretty evenly matched (like many of us said) and it WILL boil down to who is the better driver. Great loss and great kill.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:15 AM
N8R

Very nice, objective post...not only that - but you got my pulse racing (and at 7:00a, that's just what I needed!)

Do you remember what rpm's you launched from Z06-KILLR?

Cheers!
Old 12-12-2002, 04:51 AM

Originally posted by N8R
Very nice, objective post...not only that - but you got my pulse racing (and at 7:00a, that's just what I needed!)

Do you remember what rpm's you launched from Z06-KILLR?

Cheers!
I usually do it more by sound. It was about 45 degrees so it did not get a whole lot to get the wheels to spin and get going....probably somewhere between 6.5 - 7k....slip/drop.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wisconsin S2k
[B]There is a scientific/mathematical reason that when you went from a roll the 2nd time that you pulled on him, even though you were dead even the first time.

When one car gets a jump on another, you are talking about an initial 1 or 2mph advantage.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:43 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Excellent post. Get this guy to post on my350z.com for the Z perspective.

Quick Reply: *drumroll*....results of race: S2K vs 3 fitty