S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Wilwood Superlite 4 piston Brake Kit?

Old 07-12-2011, 12:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wilwood Superlite 4 piston Brake Kit?

Anyone own/use or have any experience with this kit? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/150603293463

It utilizes the Wilwood 4 Piston Superlite calipers. This is NOT the Dynalite kit sold by Partshelper and the like. This is the first kit I have seen for the S2000 that utilizes this caliper and I am very interested. The Superlite caliper is supposed to be bigger/heavier with more pad surface and better heat dissipation.

I am interested in this for track usage, NOT bling factor.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with regards to this kit? Does you think it would perform better than the aformentioned Dynalite kit?
Old 07-12-2011, 12:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I like the caliper and the pad. The Dynalite pad is thinner and smaller then the superlight pad. The rotor diameter is the same for both, but the rotor thickness is thicker on the SuperLite kit (1.25 vers .82)

I would be interested in knowing why they use a one piece rotor. What is the piston area? Have you asked about a fitment template from the vendor?

Personally I like the two piece design of the Dynalight kit. Blank replacement rings are about 30 each.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:48 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I would also like to see a better rotor replacement or see if it's compatible with other brand rotors?
Old 07-12-2011, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for updates. I saw that kit too..
Old 07-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
Anyone own/use or have any experience with this kit? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/150603293463

It utilizes the Wilwood 4 Piston Superlite calipers. This is NOT the Dynalite kit sold by Partshelper and the like. This is the first kit I have seen for the S2000 that utilizes this caliper and I am very interested. The Superlite caliper is supposed to be bigger/heavier with more pad surface and better heat dissipation.

I am interested in this for track usage, NOT bling factor.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with regards to this kit? Does you think it would perform better than the aformentioned Dynalite kit?
There is no spec on the parts helper kit but I use the original 4 piston wilwood 2 piece rotor kit and it works very well its a gt rotor though - the abs system seems stymied every once in a while don't know why but it's rare.

The only thing I can suggest is that if you are going to buy rotors like this for track usage send them off for cryo it's cheap and works - 35 per rotor here

http://www.nitrofreeze.com/racing.html
Old 07-13-2011, 08:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This kit uses one piece rotors purely because they are cheaper, I think.

The guy told me it was an additional $550 for two piece rotors.

Too rich for my blood...

A fitment template is available. Just email the guy to get it.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:39 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Once you've invested in the two piece rotors though it will never cost that much to replace them in the future b/c you should only need to buy new rings and if they are anywhere as cheap as previously mentioned in this thread for blanks you'll get your money out of them real quick.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Duke Togo
There is no spec on the parts helper kit but I use the original 4 piston wilwood 2 piece rotor kit and it works very well its a gt rotor though - the abs system seems stymied every once in a while don't know why but it's rare.

The only thing I can suggest is that if you are going to buy rotors like this for track usage send them off for cryo it's cheap and works - 35 per rotor here

http://www.nitrofreeze.com/racing.html
Duke, I am not really sure what " I use the original 4 piston wilwood 2 piece rotor kit" you are kit talking about. What calipers, these SuperLites or a Dynalite? Can you post the part numbers of the replacement rings you would use and the part numbers on the top hats?

I have the kit PartsHelper currently sells, and it is the same kit that was designed for our car long ago. I think it is the only one ever made for our car using a 12.8 disk and the Wilwood 4 piston caliper . So what I am thinking is that the hats I have will work with this kit. So really for it, I am only upgrading the calipers and a thicker rotor ring blank.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd be interested in this kit if a two piece rotor was compatible with it.

With 4 pistons it seems this kit would really push the brake bias to the front. Anyone running a 4 piston caliper want to comment?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM

The size of the pad is just a bit larger then The OEM pads in an OEM caliper. With our cars being rear bias'ed from the factory, I don't think it would upset the bias.

I am running the Dynalite 4 piston calipers now.

Quick Reply: Wilwood Superlite 4 piston Brake Kit?