S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Who has the fastest time for stock S2k?

Old 12-30-2002 | 03:14 AM

ok guys i asked the guy to come again, he said he is busy and when he find some time he will come to this thread. Anyways this is a quote from him "I tried to post over in ther s2k1 forums and I have to activate my membership first, I am at work right now, so I will have to do that later.

When someone says stock, I think the motor. A CAI doesn't do a whole lot so I consider it stock, and who said that I took 500lbs out of the s2k? That would be almost impossible. BTW, I have been racing for years and in that time I have been able to perfect my racing. A.K.A. I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!!!! Oh yeah, and by stock are you referring to the tires also? I didn't think that you guys meant that tires would mean that hew car was not stock. I had slicks on the back because my s02 has a bubble in the rear driver's side. "
Old 12-31-2002 | 10:34 PM

TESTING
Old 12-31-2002 | 10:39 PM

Well first of all I would like to say hello to everyone on this forum. Next, I am the famous s2k that ran the 13.5 on what I believe to be stock. I don't consider a cold air intake, slicks, and a little bit of weight reduction as modified.

I would like to say that I never said that I had 500 pounds of weight reduction. I took out the passenger seat and that is pretty much it.

Peterpan, to answer your question about why I posted on the CL forums, my first car is a 2.2cl. I am heavily into that forum and I was surfing the racing forum when I came across the thread about the s2k.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions. Or if I missed anything.

Thanks
Bill
Old 12-31-2002 | 10:41 PM

Also, do you consider using higher octane gas as not being stock. I did not think that it actually heloped out that much. I used Sun racing fuel 100 octane, on a 1/3 tank of gas.
Old 01-01-2003 | 03:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KC CL 1785
[B]Also, do you consider using higher octane gas as not being stock.
Old 01-01-2003 | 05:05 AM
20 Year Member

I'm still interested in the part about draining fluids.
Old 01-01-2003 | 05:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Legal Bill
I'm still interested in the part about draining fluids.
What's really there to drain? You can empty your windshield washer fluid, and empty your coolant reservoir, but that's not much weight. The only other fluids are engine, tranny, and differential oil. I wouldn't want to reduce any of those.
Old 01-01-2003 | 02:09 PM

Originally posted by LSs1Power

At last u came here. Before we start our discussion i would like to say Congrats on the good time u got regardles we agree or disargee ur stock or not. Sorry about the 500lbs reduction, but i saw someone(I thought the guy knew u or something) on that Acura-CL forum saying that u did take 500lbs off and i did post it here. So u had CAI, slicks, weight reduction and 100 octane right?. What i concider stock is anything except mods to the engine or the suspension. If u used street slicks then i would say that is stock because u can use that tire in everyday driving. On the other hand full slicks arent for everyday driving so i dont concider that stock. U can agree or disagree with me guys im just saying my opinion. Why dont u try again with nittos and stock Intake and then i think u are titled to hold the fastest stock S2k time.
thanks for the congrats. Honestly I wasn't trying to say that I have the fastest s2000 stock times. We were just discussing smething about the s2000 when I mentioned it. Someone said that a stock s2k would runa 14.8 and I know that is a bunch of BS. Stock or not, htat was my time, again thanks for the compliment and I hope to have many future posts here.
Old 01-01-2003 | 02:39 PM

Originally posted by Legal Bill

Just curious, what fluid, besides gas and wiper fluid can one drain to lose weight and race safely?
Being that you don't run very long on an autox one could run their coolant a little low as well. But is that honestly going to make the difference? I'd rather leave it in, Countless times I've pulled up to the line and found the sun glareing on some dirt on the windsheild I missed and I've hit the washers.
Old 01-02-2003 | 01:53 AM
20 Year Member

Someone said that a stock s2k would runa 14.8 and I know that is a bunch of BS.
Are you saying the stock S2000 is slower than 14.8?

Quick Reply: Who has the fastest time for stock S2k?