S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Who is going to VIR on 1-2 August?

Old 07-23-2003, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Gregg

Well, it was a banner day for the Curry's cars as well, right YS? Did you ever figure out what kept happening to your ride? Was it the heat or just bad Meise karma?

All I know is that when we went out for the HC race on Saturday it was about 115 on the grid. No telling how hot it was in the car, but I think I lost about six lbs over the course of the 20-lap race and you could have practically poured me out of the car when the race was done.

Two words: Cool Suit!
We had a bad fuel injector that was failing intermittently...all fixed now....

-YS
Old 07-23-2003, 09:15 AM

Originally posted by fishinmusician
If you guys are running S2000s, what is your roll bar status? I'm looking to install one on my S but haven't made the leap. Any suggestions?

tm
I am currently running a Bitterman bar in my car. That is coming out in August and I am getting a full cage (custom).

-YS
Old 07-23-2003, 04:45 PM

Hey Gregg,
When are u leaving to VIR? I tried looking how to get there by Map quest, but they dont have VIR listed. I see that u are in Arlington which is 10min away from me. Do u wanna roll together to VIR? Im leaving 2am on Froday night.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LSs1Power
[B]Hey Gregg,
Old 07-23-2003, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Yellow Streak

I'll join the caravan depending on where you are leaving from or the way you are going....

-YS
I was thinking about leaving 2am on 2nd of August, but we have to get some good sleep before. Its up to u guys.... I just dont know the way and i need to follow someone LOL.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LSs1Power
[B]Hey Gregg,
Old 07-23-2003, 08:30 PM

Thanks alot Gregg for the MAP.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:23 AM

VIR directions:

If you guys are coming via I-95 or Rt 360 you'll get on Rt 58 headed West. When you get about 25 miles (approx.) West of South Boston you want to take a left on Rt 119. There is a VIR sign there where you make the left. There will be VIR signs from that point on. If you find yourself crossing the Dan River you've gone too far. Turn around and recross the Dan and 119 will be your first right.

If you're coming down Rt 29 then you'll want to head East out of Danville and take a right on the Milton. NC road (Rt 62). When you get to the stop light in Milton, continue straight ahead into town on Rt 57 (Rt 62 goes to the right at the stop light). Just on the other side of "Greater Downtown Milton" take the first left after you cross the bridge. There's also a VIR sign there too.

I'd like to come out and check out your cars, see you run and talk to you. Since I'm headed down the same path, it probably would be very educational for me. The track is usually closed to those not actually taking part in the events but if they allow you to have a guest, drop me an e-mail or call me at 434-793-7475. Also, I do a bit of photographic work so if you wanted some on course pix I'd be glad to take some shots for you (no charge). In any case, if you need some suggestions on restaurants etc give me a holler. Thanks much. Good luck at the track and keep it in the black.

tm
Old 07-25-2003, 07:15 PM

Something bad happend to me today. I blow up my new clutch at the 1/4mile track.... I hope i can fix it before next week end. I will see what i can do.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by fishinmusician
VIR directions:

If you guys are coming via I-95 or Rt 360 you'll get on Rt 58 headed West. When you get about 25 miles (approx.) West of South Boston you want to take a left on Rt 119. There is a VIR sign there where you make the left. There will be VIR signs from that point on. If you find yourself crossing the Dan River you've gone too far. Turn around and recross the Dan and 119 will be your first right.

If you're coming down Rt 29 then you'll want to head East out of Danville and take a right on the Milton. NC road (Rt 62). When you get to the stop light in Milton, continue straight ahead into town on Rt 57 (Rt 62 goes to the right at the stop light). Just on the other side of "Greater Downtown Milton" take the first left after you cross the bridge. There's also a VIR sign there too.

I'd like to come out and check out your cars, see you run and talk to you. Since I'm headed down the same path, it probably would be very educational for me. The track is usually closed to those not actually taking part in the events but if they allow you to have a guest, drop me an e-mail or call me at 434-793-7475. Also, I do a bit of photographic work so if you wanted some on course pix I'd be glad to take some shots for you (no charge). In any case, if you need some suggestions on restaurants etc give me a holler. Thanks much. Good luck at the track and keep it in the black.

tm
The NASA confirmation said that there are no gate fees - you should be able to pull right in. I am staying at the Sleep Inn as are many others. If you come by and want to hitch a ride over, let me know. My car (yellow) will be on a trailer behind a red Ford F-250.

-YS