S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Who is going to VIR on 1-2 August?

Old 07-20-2003, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is going to VIR on 1-2 August?

Im going to be in HPDE 2 group. I hope to see some SK2 owners there.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:05 AM

I'll be there running in Honda Challenge w/ my CRX.

Come on by and say "Hi!" Blue car, #72.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by LSs1Power
Im going to be in HPDE 2 group. I hope to see some SK2 owners there.
I'll be there...what are you running?

-YS
Old 07-22-2003, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by Yellow Streak

-YS
I'm running my LS1.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:16 PM

I'm running my LS1.
Awesome...I'll look for you.

-YS
Old 07-22-2003, 12:48 PM

Originally posted by Yellow Streak
Oh yeah...and if Meise comes down again, make sure he brings a little extra coolant.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:50 PM

I hope its not going to be hot. Last time at summit point it was 105F and my car overheated after an hour of running.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:53 PM

I hope its not going to be hot. Last time at summit point it was 105F and my car overheated after an hour of running.
Well, it was a banner day for the Curry's cars as well, right YS? Did you ever figure out what kept happening to your ride? Was it the heat or just bad Meise karma?

All I know is that when we went out for the HC race on Saturday it was about 115 on the grid. No telling how hot it was in the car, but I think I lost about six lbs over the course of the 20-lap race and you could have practically poured me out of the car when the race was done.

Two words: Cool Suit!
Old 07-23-2003, 08:36 AM

I'm going to Lowe's Motor Speedway in August for two days of driver ed. The PCA group I'm going with has waived the roll bar requirements for Boxsters, S2000, etc. and LMS apparently doesn't have restrictions. I live about 20 mins. from VIR and have been on track one time back in Dec.(super). I had planned on running G&W's Fall Fling at VIR but was told by them that helmet must be at least 2 inches below roll bar and S2000s with stock roll bars didn't meet VIR specs..

If you guys are running S2000s, what is your roll bar status? I'm looking to install one on my S but haven't made the leap. Any suggestions?

Also, do you have any experience with Carbotech Panther Plus pads? I'm planning on putting a set on for Charlotte.

tm
Old 07-23-2003, 09:03 AM

You are going to find more and more organizations that will not allow the S2000 (and other roadsters) on track without protection greater rollover protection than what the stock hoops provide. The truth of the matter is that most drivers' heads are commonly above the S2000's hoops, thus becoming the "roll bar." If you make a habit of attending track days I strongly suggest that you delve deeply into all of the choices out there (incl. custom).

Although I was running setup custom fabricated by the local cage builder, there are some other solutions available. A quick search in this forum will bring you to the Elda and Bitterman solutions.

As for the Carbotech's, I used the Panther Plus as a dual purpose (street & track) pad for quite a while. I think you'll find the pads a good fit for most drivers. They're progressive, have very good bite in both low temp and high temp situations, and last quite a while, though they do squeak quite a bit when driven on the street and create a lot of dust. All in all, I think you'll be very pleased with them.

Quick Reply: Who is going to VIR on 1-2 August?